10tazione

Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories

Why R U (2020)
After watching E7 I wrote "What a kiss". But the kissing scenes got even better in E8 - E13. Much better.
Probably the best kissing scenes in a Thai BL I have seen so far! (other candidate maybe Bangkok G Stories, I don't remember)
And I have too add two more "cute" to Fighter, so he is "hot hot hot cute cute cute".
Zee (Fighter), Tul (Korn) and Ohm Pawat are my current favorite BL actors, and who are yours ???

Quiz: Which series did I steal this guy from?

3.thumb.jpg.cb4cd097540f9b38507500987c1e2211.jpg

On 3/20/2021 at 3:35 AM, vinapu said:

Tul is Knock, Max is Korn, those two plus Ohm Pawat are my three favorites

Korn or Knock, I mean Tul :). And I forgot Earth, so top 3 is not enough! And if I think a little bit longer, a few more would come to my mind ...

" 1000 stars " finished yesterday and will be replaced by ' Fish upon the sky" at the  same time slot.

I don't know about others but for me '1000 stars' was one of best three Thai BL series I ever watched ( Together With Me and Dark Blue Kiss being other two ) even if it looked that two main characters will never kiss. One could sense that those two actors had great chemistry and it turned that they know each other for quite a time  before playing there.

With " Manner of Death"  and now "  1000 stars "  it's very refreshing to see BL finally moved out of Bangkok into the woods.

Yes I agree 1000 stars was a great series the final episode was great with the exiting reunion of Tian and Phupha after two years of Tian absence in the USA . Regarding Manner of Death I liked the charming main couple very much but the plot was confusing and awkward so I did not care much about this series.

Y Destiny started last week seems very promising series with a great cast especially Tue played by Chap very handsome and talented actor :

dWWJA_5c.jpg

11 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Yes I agree 1000 stars was a great series the final episode was great with the exiting reunion of Tian and Phupha after two years of Tian absence in the USA . Regarding Manner of Death I liked the charming main couple very much but the plot was confusing and awkward so I did not care much about this series.

for me last episode of 1000 start was a bit too sugary, but we need to remember that main audience is Thai girls. But it disf not spoil series foe me at all.

As for Manner of Death I'm not fan of crime stories but , like you  I watched it for MaxTul , the main couple and probably will again after a while .

On 4/3/2021 at 8:46 PM, vinapu said:

'1000 stars' was one of best three Thai BL series I ever watched

One of my best BL series as well.
Different setting from 90% of the other series with a school/ college setting.

I have not watched 'Manner of Death'. I'm not a murder mystery fan.

Now watching some of the other series suggested by others.
Thanks for keeping us abreast of what's now playing or coming soon!

Loved the bar scene in the first clip at the start of this topic. It got me wondering if anyone knows of any TV shows or movies in which the storyline/plot is about a gogo dancer or the gogo bar scene? I'm thinking of a Thai equivalent to the occasional macho dancer themed movies from the Philippines, like the one below. 

Anak-ng-Macho-Dancer-poster.jpg

16 hours ago, groenthusiast said:

Loved the bar scene in the first clip at the start of this topic. It got me wondering if anyone knows of any TV shows or movies in which the storyline/plot is about a gogo dancer or the gogo bar scene? I'm thinking of a Thai equivalent to the occasional macho dancer themed movies from the Philippines, like the one below. 

Try ' 3 will be free" and "Bangkok love story -innocence", some main characters are performing on the bar scene on the stage 

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Try ' 3 will be free" and "Bangkok love story -innocence", some main characters are performing on the bar scene on the stage 

18 hours ago, groenthusiast said:

Anak-ng-Macho-Dancer-poster.jpg

Bangkok love story innocence featured a well known real live gogo dancer as well lol. 

16 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

OH?? Which guy in Innocence was the Go-Go Dancer? It certainly was not Max...

It says in the series the gogo bar was jupiter, but the gogo boy is from moonlight lol thats the clue. Easy to spot once u watch it 

On 3/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, GWMinUS said:

Finally coming from the Philippines is a sequel to "Ben x Jim". It is just "B X J FOREVER" and it seems they have mixed up the former main characters with other new love interests. Viewers are complaining. Catch it on Youtube.

Unfortunately, the episodes on YouTube were cut (unless I couldn't find the full versions). They ran about 10 mins

Full episodes (about 40 mins) were streamed on GMovies. $12 for the full set of 8 episodes. The last one just ended on April 9th.

GMovies is a somewhat restrictive service - you have to watch all the episodes by April 30 and once you start watching an episode, you have 48 hours to watch/ re-watch it. After that, you have to pay an extra $2, if you wish to watch the episode again.

The ending of  "B x J Forever" was not what I thought it would be. Sigh

On 4/4/2021 at 7:04 AM, Boy69 said:

I give 999/10 stars for A Tale of 1000 Stars! I have to deduct 1 star because I suffered too much when Tiens parents made him study in the USA. I would have preferred him ignoring his parents pressure and directly going back to the mountains. According to the internet in the novel he didnt go to the USA but finished his engineering studies in BKK and then went back to Pupha.

A few more kissing scenes would have be appreciated. Definitely competing for the title of best Thai BL 2021!!!

Love Sick The Series (2014)
This is a really old series, so it made me wonder when the hype with Thai BL series began.
It turns out, this was the first Thai BL series! And actually not a bad one. Maybe a bit "slow", not too much action,
and I wasn't 100 happy with the ending, but I still liked it. Also nice soundtrack.

690821663_ls1e9b-Kopie.thumb.jpg.b602c94122691a24da0129ff97b24b83.jpg

(left: Phun, still in business, e.g. in A Tale Of 1000 Stars as Tien's friend; right: Noh)

The series must have been a huge success, since it was followed by season 2 with non less then 36 episodes.
Did anyone watch Season 2 - is it worth or better just watch a BL cut?

Here is a little bit about the history of Thai BL:
https://www.timeout.com/bangkok/lgbtq/thai-boys-love-culture
with at least 1 inaccuracy I think: "A Tale of Thousand Stars, its first Boys Love series that doesn’t feature a teen, nor an engineering student, in the lead."
Wasn't Tien an engineering student?

Baker Boys

I came across this trailer. Not a BL, not sure what it is, mystery/crime? At least partially gay, with Singto Prachaya as Weir interested in his boss...
Funny comments on Youtube about Singto's role, "Honestly, the biggest inside joke in GMMtv is Singto being cast in roles where he can cook knowing full well Singto cannot cook to save his life"