williewillie

A stabbing incident.

A couple of nights ago in Sunee Plaza there was a report by several boys about a younger South African gay man.  His very hunky bf , 30ish

nicknamed Chin, stabbed

him in his leg with a knife.  The Thai guy is hyper masculine and used to work at New Queens bar beer in Sunee.  The Thai guy was

frequently on Grindr or hornet, sometimes as a top only and sometimes as versatile.  Very indifferent to older farangs (me anyway)and moody but was a

regular of the 40ish South African, who took him to South Africa for a while.  Now the police are looking for the boy and he has fled Pattaya.

I had previously pursued the boy, buying him drinks but his indifference led me to believe he’d been useless in the room.  Very unusual for Sunee and

he would fit in Moonlight easily.  He worked briefly at Boyzboyzboyz and his body was incredible .

Thankfully I prefer skinny twinks.    In the unlikely event they turn nasty, at least I should stand a better chance than with some big muscular guy.   

23 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Too many of the guys seemed  to think that looking mean .... was, somehow, sexy.

What makes you thinking it's not ? I had great times there with certain aspiring axe murderer if one would go only by the look.

Cherubic looking guys can be scheming and as nasty as spitting vipers. 

I’ve encountered  many older farangs with personality disorders.  I’m certain Thais also have personality disorders.

There are always signs but some ignore them. I used to say that I trusted first impressions when I met new people.

I have ignored negative first impressions and regretted that decision several times in my life.  Experience has taught me

to trust my first impressions with new farangs as well as new boys.  It’s possible the South African farang was an abusive

asshole.  Not easy to judge without knowing him.

Another knife story I heard firsthand from the farang.  His bf put a knife to the farangs neck and told him

to leave and that he hated the farang.  The farang was extremely obnoxious and couldn’t believe his bf 

hated him and tried to reconcile.  This farang was later deported from Thailand for the usual reason, which

is not a allowable topic.

3 hours ago, williewillie said:

It’s possible the South African farang was an abusive

Just to add a comment as I know of this boy, and know the South African in the passing as we have a common farang friend. Interesting you suggest possible abuse, because from what I have heard, there is, but it is the other way round with the Thai boy very controlling and the farang allowing it to happen despite many giving him good advise about this boy/man. I have seen the Thai boy many, many times in Sunee, he is one I have never engaged with or even spoken to other than him saying 'hi' and avoid at all costs if I can. There are very few people in the sunee or gay Pattaya bars I feel inclined to deliberately avoid, but he is one. If this stabbing is true, I won't be that surprised and it takes a lot for me to say something like that.   

5 hours ago, williewillie said:

I’ve encountered  many older farangs with personality disorders.  I’m certain Thais also have personality disorders.

There are always signs but some ignore them. I used to say that I trusted first impressions when I met new people.

I have ignored negative first impressions and regretted that decision several times in my life.  Experience has taught me

to trust my first impressions with new farangs as well as new boys.  It’s possible the South African farang was an abusive

Another knife story I heard firsthand from the farang.  His bf put a knife to the farangs neck and told him

to leave and that he hated the farang.  The farang was extremely obnoxious and couldn’t believe his bf 

hated him and tried to reconcile.  This farang was later deported from Thailand for the usual reason, which

is not a allowable topic.

Every story has two sides involved we really don't know what happened between them and I guess will never know.

many older farangs are with personality disorders maybe it's true I don't know , however I assume many money boy whom work at this 'proffesion'  have disorder personality as well, poor economic bakround and abused past.this is why I am very careful when dealing with them .

8 hours ago, Boy69 said:

\however I assume many money boy whom work at this 'proffesion'  have disorder personality as well, poor economic bakround and abused past.this is why I am very careful when dealing with them .

I'd not say ' many ' perhpas some and very few. There were some weirdos and outright assholes I met among boys but they were absolute y tiny minority. Rest could be lazy but always cheerful, good looking and surprisingly honest.  

2 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I'd not say ' many ' perhpas some and very few. There were some weirdos and outright assholes I met among boys but they were absolute y tiny minority. Rest could be lazy but always cheerful, good looking and surprisingly honest.  

Given that customer satisfaction is part of their income stream, im not surprised that only a minority have issues.

Exactly.    Customers learn very quickly to spot the weirdos & non-performers.   Hence they should be driven out of the profession, leaving the good ones.   The lads who succeed are typically the ones who realize they need to get repeat business.

I'm rather surprised by some reactions. In my twenty-five years , consisting of nearly eighty stays, half of which involved frantic activity on the scene, I can only think of two questionable guys I met. One was a drug addict , as I later found out, and  the other a charlatan in that he never had any intention of fulfilling an agreement made in the bar. I can't believe there is  anywhere else in the world where the guys involved in the trade are so honest, genuine and trustworthy. 

I agree that Thailand it pretty much as good as anywhere in the world for honest & trustworthy guys.   Japan is another candidate, with a superb culture, but of course the bill is much more painful.

I've never felt threatened at all, but have had rare minor issues, like boys who need a drug fix in the middle of the evening.      It's worth being aware of the very rare problems so we don't get caught out by them.

Like z909 I’ve had very few significant problems with Asian rent boys over the almost 20 years of visits to Thailand. One however sticks in my mind of a Pattaya boy I had slept with during several consecutive trips and who had started to regard me as his daddy. On this occasion I had offed him 3 nights in a row but had wanted a change so had told him I wouldn’t be coming to his bar that night. Instead I went online for a bed companion. About midnight there was a loud bangIng on my hotel room door - it was him with a friend demanding to know why I had not turned up and that he had missed off opportunities. Things looked threatening so I told the online boy to go giving him the LT rate. Thankfully the guy on reception came because of the noise. He advised me to pay my “boyfriend” some money which I did and they left still shouting. I was shocked and worried that I would be on the receiving end of a Thai vendetta. At 5 am I checked out and took a taxi to Bkk Where I remained for the rest of my trip (the reception guy said that this was a good move).

I had an elderly American friend who found himself in a similar situation and ended up fleeing from Pattaya to Bangkok. The problem was again unfulfilled expectations.  Some of the guys invest inordinate hopes in what they may believe- perhaps from the singular experiences of a friend- is a long-term relationship. They make plans,  tell their friends and maybe in some cases perhaps even their family, that they "have a falang"  and, accordingly, financial problems are at an end.  Then comes loss of face, with inevitable consequences.

One of P's oldest friends was in a ten-year relationship with a falang ex-pat in Pattaya. Both were working. One day, he came home to find the falang had disappeared, taking with him all his possessions. No note of explanation, nor even a goodbye.  Thai/falang relationships are not easy, even when both parties are on the same continent; both take risks, both can be hurt.

I don't blame anyone who prefers to stick to short-times. I have to admit that my sixteen year relationship has sometimes been a deeply emotional strain.... on both sides! 

1 hour ago, Travellerdave said:

On this occasion I had offed him 3 nights in a row but had wanted a change so had told him I wouldn’t be coming to his bar that night. Instead I went online for a bed companion. About midnight there was a loud bangIng on my hotel room door - it was him with a friend demanding to know why I had not turned up and that he had missed off opportunities.

I've not offed the same lad more than 2 nights in a row since 2011, when I had one lad 4 nights in succession, all long time.   No problems with him.  

A few years ago, I was woken up at about 6:30 am by an emotional lad banging on the door of an Irish gentleman just down the corridor to sort out some dispute.   That was in the Flamingo, where anyone cold walk in during reception hours.     Across the road at Mosaic, you need to swipe to get into the building, so more secure for such things.   

These days, in Pattaya, I will typically aim to see 7~10 boys, before repeating any of them.    So later on in the trip, it means I usually have a list of lads who were good.  Although, there is some turnover of lads in Pattaya, so we can't count on someone being there 2 weeks later.