williewillie

Boyzboyzboyz in Pattaya Closed.

9 minutes ago, z909 said:

As a tourist who visits Pattaya, I consider Sunee and Boystown to be central.   If I stay in the area, there is a better choice of coffee shops, restaurants and other amenities.  Also it's easy to walk from Sunee to Boystown.  

Yes that's what I meant for tourists Boyz Town is perfectly located in the center of everything ,for expacts it's not so attractive because of the high prices, noisenense and because it's not gay oriented anymore.

9 minutes ago, z909 said:

As for the much discussed question of gogo bars in Jomtien, well there's a cabaret bar next to the host bars.   Also one or two nearby girly gogo bars.  So I see no evidence of an outright ban in Jomtien.   If someone opened a good gay gogo bar in the complex, or nearby, I expect customers would go there.

I understood that Jomtien area is classified as residential one so gogo bars are not allowed , the very few girlie bars are probably owned by high ranking officers so no one dare to close them.

2 hours ago, z909 said:

Also one or two nearby girly gogo bars.

For years I've heard about those girly go-go bars.  And for years, try as I might, I've never been able to spot them.  Maybe I'm just blind or something, but do those bars actually exist or is it nothing more than gossip simply believed to be fact?

Does anyone know the names of any go-go bars around the Jomtien Complex vicinity or just where they are?  Has anyone been to them?  Better still, does anyone have a photo of them?  After all these years of hearing about them, I think it's high time to verify.

Boy69 wrote, "I understood that Jomtien area is classified as residential one so gogo bars are not allowed."  That's another one that I don't know whether it's true or not.  If it is a residential area, other than the Jomtien Complex condotel, where are the residences?  All I see is bars, restaurants, and a few massages.  That doesn't sound very residential to me, especially since virtually everything in the area is commercial.  I would find it difficult to believe, without seeing documented verification, that the existence of the condotel is the reason no go-go bars are allowed.

In other words, for quite a long time we have all been told these stories and accepted them as true, but I have yet to see verification of any of them.  If go-go bars really are prohibited in Jomtien Complex, I'd like to know the real reason why and who made that decision, under what authority.   And if prohibition of go-go bars in Jomtien Complex is genuine, I wonder if it has ever been challenged in court.

2 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

For years I've heard about those girly go-go bars.  And for years, try as I might, I've never been able to spot them.  Maybe I'm just blind or something, but do those bars actually exist or is it nothing more than gossip simply believed to be fact?

Does anyone know the names of any go-go bars around the Jomtien Complex vicinity or just where they are? 

Name of girly go go bar is We Are No.1 Go Go Bar. On Thappraya Rd. Jomtien, very close to beach.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.8993739,100.8677557,3a,75y,90h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUlIRzxcRTdGkf7OQvTjs-g!2e0!7i1638

I would love it if there were go-go bars in Jomtien complex. It already has much going for it - it's walking distance from the bus station (the cheap bus from Suvarnabhumi), plenty of good food around, walking distance to Dongtan gay beach, a few massage places, and it's just kinda nice around there.. having go-go bars there would be the icing on the cake! I feel more comfortable in go-go bars anyway as opposed to host bars (and I'm sure there would be some who would be the opposite). Anyway, just dreaming!

4 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Name of girly go go bar is We Are No.1 Go Go Bar.

I've never heard of it, but I looked it up and yes indeed - it is a go-go bar, which makes it all the more curious as to why a girly go-go bar is ok, but not a gay go-go bar in the very same vicinity.

I wish whoever owns it would also open a gay go-go bar or two . . .

7 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

I posted  a photo of a girlie gogo bar in Jomtien last year.  Here it is again.   There is one other bar that may be a gogo.  (Unlike a certain member on several forums, I don't regularly make up bs and pass it off as fact.  I try to differentiate between speculation and what I have seen)

What I've never seen is anyone put forward any evidence to support the rumour that gogo bars are not permitted in Jomtien.  I think we're in agreement on that

xx20191215_171708_copy_1862x1397.jpg

If gogo bars would be aloud I assume there were such venues long time ago the fact is that there is any so probably it is forbidden.

I remember some years ago an interesting thread about it in other forum which I can remember now who checked this and Jomtien is classified as residential area and gogo bars are not aloud. 

18 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

If gogo bars would be aloud I assume there were such venues long time ago the fact is that there is any so probably it is forbidden.

I remember some years ago an interesting thread about it in other forum which I can remember now who checked this and Jomtien is classified as residential area and gogo bars are not aloud. 

1  You're missing the point there's at least one gogo bar in Jomtien and I posted a photo above.  That suggests they are allowed (spelling).

2 I've read no end of reports stating gogo bars are not allowed in Jomtien. No one has ever posted proof of that.   If you want to believe it's true with zero confirming evidence and disconfirming evidence as posted above, that's fine with me.   I prefer evidence based decision making.

3 What kind of residential zoning would permit open air bars which sometimes have very loud outdoor music, but ban gogo bars, with music generally contained behind a closed door ?

I've stayed in a hotel directly above gogo bars and slept very well.  There is no way I would sleep on the same street as the Jomtien bars.

4 hours ago, z909 said:

there's at least one gogo bar in Jomtien and I posted a photo above.  That suggests they are allowed

If there has been 2 go-go bars all along, then it seems obvious to me they are allowed after all.  That puts us right back to the question - why are there no go-go bars in Jomtien Complex?  If the answer turns out to be they really are not allowed in the complex, who's not allowing them and why and by what authority?

Is there not some sort of office in the Complex which deals with tenant relations and matters like the maintenance of utilities and repairs ?. Perhaps a member currently in Pattaya could call and make enquiries. He could say that he is acting on behalf of a good number of gay visitors who would appreciate the opening of one or more boy gogos as soon as the current COVID crisis is over. This would increase footfall and lead to less vacant units.
Another point is that the Venue has Caberet style shows featuring boy and ladyboy performers.  Is there an essential difference between this business and a Gogo ?

5 hours ago, z909 said:

I've read no end of reports stating gogo bars are not allowed in Jomtien. No one has ever posted proof of that.   If you want to believe it's true with zero confirming evidence and disconfirming evidence as posted above, that's fine with me.   I prefer evidence based decision making.

We all groping in the dark here my guess is if gogo bars were aloud there is no reason why plenty of them were already exists but more then 20 years I did not see even  single one opened so it is probably not aloud and it doesn't matter if it is formal  legal prohibition or unformal implied prohibition by the local authorities, And if there is exceptional one girly gogo bar paying huge amount  tea money or belongs to high ranking officer  that is certainly not a proof that gogo bars are aloud at this area.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

just guessing but they may be grandfathered before they changed zoning at one point in the past ?

That seems logical enough, but we just don't know.  As for Jomtien Complex, somebody, or a group of somebodys, had to be the one(s) who decided to prohibit go-go bars in the complex, if indeed go-go bars really are prohibited.  I'd like to know who and why, but I don't know how to find out.

Of course, as I said in an earlier post, it may turn out there was never any prohibition in the first place and the only reason there are no go-go bars in Jomtien Complex is simply because nobody ever opened one.

As for why there are no go-go bars in Jomtien Complex, the only thing we really know is that we don't know.

Some of you might remember a short-lived bar called Rock Hard.  In the back room, out of sight, there was a tiny go-go area, maybe big enough to hold 6 customers.  There were never more than 2 or 3 dancers.  That bar didn't last very long.  I have no idea whether that had anything to do with why the bar closed, but that's the closest to a go-go bar I ever saw in Jomtien Complex.

8 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

Some of you might remember a short-lived bar called Rock Hard.  In the back room, out of sight, there ouwas a tiny go-go area, maybe big enough to hold 6 customers.  There were never more than 2 or 3 dancers.  That bar didn't last very long.  I have no idea whether that had anything to do with why the bar closed, but that's the closest to a go-go bar I ever saw in Jomtien Complex

This only streneghts my assumption that gogo bars are not aloud because if it is why put in the back room out of sight ?

He

11 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Another point is that the Venue has Caberet style shows featuring boy and ladyboy performers.  Is there an essential difference between this business and a Gogo ?

I don't see any clear difference. The only slight difference is gogo bars have more emphasis on prostitution.   However, every other bar on the street is into that.

The complex already has scantily clad lads on stage and boys available for an off.   To permit all that and still ban gogo bars would require some precise wording of the rules.

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

This only streneghts my assumption that gogo bars are not aloud because if it is why put in the back room out of sight ?

I don't know.  What I do know is from the street you cannot see inside any go-go bars.  At Rock Hard the inside of the bar was clearly visible from the street.  The back room was not.

But the question remains - if go-go bars are not allowed, why aren't they?  Who decides?

3 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Some of you might remember a short-lived bar called Rock Hard.  In the back room, out of sight, there was a tiny go-go area, maybe big enough to hold 6 customers.  There were never more than 2 or 3 dancers.  

Wasn't that bar owned before or after the American by  Monty.

5 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Wasn't that bar owned before or after the American by  Monty.

It was owned by an American.  I don't remember his name.  He disappeared (or perhaps escaped) shortly after closing Rock Hard.

Monty was Australian.  His bars were always simply called Monty's.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

It is quite possible that the Complex is able to apply particular rules.

Perhaps so, but I think that is beside the point.  For me, at least, the issue is why there are no go-go bars in Jomtien Complex.  For many years I, and probably everyone else reading this, have heard go-go bars are not allowed in Jomtien Complex.  Now that this is being discussed, we really don't know if that is true.  If it is I, for one, would like to know where it is written that Jomtien Complex can't have go-go bars.  And if it is written, who wrote it and why?  If it is written, has that ever been challenged?

I don't even know why, at the few bars where around midnight the boys take off their shirts, they have to wait until then - or do they?  If the bar owner wants to work it that way or the boys themselves choose to do it that way, that's one thing.  But if it is because of some other reason, what is that reason?

Go-go bars in Jomtien Complex would certainly bring in much more business and could very well lead to the resurrection of the Pattaya gay scene.  If that happens - and along with it perhaps the gay section of Dongtan beach actually becomes a gay section again - is anybody here going to object?

If it turns out there is nothing to prevent go-go bars in Jomtien Complex, that could mean entirely changing the complex complexion of the complex . . .

5 hours ago, z909 said:

He

16 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

I don't see any clear difference. The only slight difference is gogo bars havel emphasis on prostitution.   However, every other bar on the street is into that.

The complex already has scantily clad lads on stage and boys available for an off.   To permit all that and still ban gogo bars would require some precise wording of the rules.

Venues like cabaret shows or host bars are not the same as gogo bars as you said boys on stage wearing only underwears certainly have explicit emphasis on prostitution.  One of the reasons Sunee Plaza declined is because the thriving of Jomtien Complex the cliente moved from one zone to another . Certainly there is a demand for gogo bars in Jomtien and there is no reason why it won't sucseed there but the only reason why there aren't any as I assume because it is not legally allowed or it isn't tolerated by the local authorities.

Maybe the leases forbid tenants to operate as a Gogo. Here I am assuming that the Complex freehold is owned by some sort of property company which receives rent. It is of course common in the West for leases to contain clauses that forbid certain activities, such as not operating as a bar or brothel. I have even seem a lease clause forbidding the keeping of pigeons (they make a mess).

6 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

Why not just ask one of the Bar Owners???

I'm not so sure the answer would be reliable.  A go-go bar(s) would draw a lot of business away from the beer bars, so I believe it would be more of an incentive for beer bar owners to want to keep things status quo. 

Of course, the flip side to that coin would be go-go bars in Jomtien Complex would bring more business to the complex itself, potentially providing more business for the beer bars.

In any case, if someone does ask, I wouldn't recommend asking just one bar owner.  I'd ask several and see what kind of answers you get.  If they all are giving the same answer, then I'd believe that more than the answer from just one of the bar owners.

If anyone does start asking, let us know what they tell you.