pauleiro

RIP Kadu

3 hours ago, pauleiro said:

I do not think that it is not respectful to Kadu to share what I learned since my first post. It will illustrate what TotallyOz mentionned above.

Kadu was Brazilian, almost real Carioca and pretty much aware of the risks. After his service in 117 on sunday, he went to an hotel in Lapa where he met a boy - certainly not a boy from 117. He was found the next morning robbed and killed. Police is investigating. 

Inviting a new boy from 117 to your place or - worse - going to his place is not always safe. From a reliable source I heard the story of a gringo going to a 117 boy's place in Ipanema and being almost thrown through the window in order to get his money and credit card codes ... 

Finally, I was in Copacabana for year end and I was amazed to see how much police was there. All groups of boys and girls likely coming from favelas were systematically searched by police. It is the same for Carnaval : lot of police.

When I was in Rio, there was a crime which was heavily commented, committed on a tour guide who was walking back to his place in Centro. He was killed by 2 girls on a motorbike. The whole scene was filmed by cameras. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/g1.globo.com/google/amp/rj/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2023/01/06/guia-turistico-reage-a-assalto-e-acaba-morto-a-facadas-por-duas-mulheres-no-rio.ghtml

Thanks for sharing!

I now feel I was taking too much risk by hiring a few times from garotolocal in previous trips.

They could be criminals too. They are total strangers to me, all based on luck.

Not just what happened to Kadu, there are several other crimes done by online hustler to clients in Rio in 2022.

It is best to only stay in the sauna 

• Members
1 hour ago, babybear2 said:

Taking someone working from 117/202 to hotel probably is not that safe either.

Due to the language barrier,  we cannot fully understand the new friend 

I would say that it is, of course, riskier than staying in the saunas but yet reasonably safe. I understand they are vetted and copies of their IDs are in file in the sauna's office.

I did hear a few stories of sauna boys robbing clients in their hotels, but they are exceptional. 

• Members
6 hours ago, pauleiro said:

After his service in 117 on sunday, he went to an hotel in Lapa where he met a boy - certainly not a boy from 117.

To be clear, all Club 117 knows thus far (because of their cameras) is that Kadu did not LEAVE the club with a garoto from 117. Until the perpetrator can be ID’d, no one knows for certain who it was (hopefully, the motel where he was found murdered has similar video cameras and makes copies of all ID cards, but it’s possible that they don’t).

1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

I understand they are vetted and copies of their IDs are in file in the sauna's office.

I don't know this to be true...I've heard this so many times that it could be urban legend.

Some saunas make the boys enter as a client their 1st time until they prove themselves....I've been in with random hookups that entered as a boy so to pay the cheaper cover. And I've gone in with sauna boys that paid as a client so they could keep their street clothes on.

The only verification I'm aware of is that if they have a big dick, Junior or Rodolfo want to know them personally first 😬

8 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

This happens in Thailand quite a bit as well with motorcycles and cars. The longer I'm here, the smarter I get. I had a cop car try to pull me over last year on a side street with no lights or anything, but I kept going until a nice 7/11 and then pulled up to the front. The cop car kept going and did not stop. I knew what he wanted.

Police in Mexico are notoriously corrupt, most residents consider police the enemy and not someone they would call if in trouble  I've been stopped by corrupt police seeking bribes. many times.  In each instance, I did not violate any law or regulation.

On 2/4/2023 at 1:30 PM, SolaceSoul said:

To be clear, all Club 117 knows thus far (because of their cameras) is that Kadu did not LEAVE the club with a garoto from 117. Until the perpetrator can be ID’d, no one knows for certain who it was (hopefully, the motel where he was found murdered has similar video cameras and makes copies of all ID cards, but it’s possible that they don’t).

Love motel is supposed to be safer than bring someone to your hotel/house... well, some people just do not care if they will be caught or not 

• Members

Police search for suspect who killed man in Lapa hotel after applying 'Good night, Cinderella' (*)

(*)
According to witnesses, victims were sedated. Suspect left hotel with victim's belongings, including clothes.
By Felipe Freire, g1 Rio and TV Globo

02/15/2023 06:00 am Updated 12 hours ago

Civil Police from the Homicide Police Station of the Capital (DHC) are looking for the suspect of robbing and killing Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues, 37 years old, in a motel room in Lapa, downtown Rio on the 30th. crime after applying the scam known as "Good Night, Cinderella", in which the victim is drugged.

Security cameras captured the moment when the victim and the suspect enter the Hotel Estadual together, on Rua do Rezende. Only the suspect left the place, after taking Carlos' belongings, including his cell phone and the clothes he left dressed in.

suspeito.jpg.beb09957d8942d5fe397f0b56b4cf688.jpg

According to the police, witness statements indicate that the victim was sedated. The searches continue, and the Homicide Police Station of the Capital requests that information about the crime or about the location of the suspect be forwarded to the Dial Denúncia.

https://g1.globo.com/rj/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2023/02/15/policia-busca-suspeito-de-matar-homem-em-hotel-da-lapa-apos-aplicar-boa-noite-cinderela.ghtml

(*) “Good night, Cinderella” is a Brazilian contemporary slang for Rohypnol, GHB, or any drug that incapacitates another person rendering them vulnerable to assault or robbery

That is very sad. When I've used motels in São Paulo, I don't think I've gone to one in Rio, they always call the room if someone is coming in and I'm already there or if someone leaves and I'm still in the room. I assumed it was standard practice but in the future I will specifically ask that they call the room if anyone is leaving without me. 

• Members

It is very sad. It happens too often to gay men. It’s why I stay only in places in Latin America that have strict security and check the ID of visitors.

1 hour ago, pirocafan said:

I will specifically ask that they call the room if anyone is leaving without me. 

That’s not enough @pirocafan in my view. If you plan to invite a new guy back home with you, I strongly urge you to tell the man beforehand that your hotel (or AirBnB building) has strict security - he will only be allowed to enter or leave when you are with him to vouch for him. 

• Members

It seems that Cadu was drugged and was not totally conscious when he was taken to this hotel. I cannot imagin that Cadu decided to take such a guy to an hotel. 

The other take away of this very sad case, is the risk of "good night Cinderella" in Brazil and the need to be very careful with your drinks in Brazil ! 

"In Brazil, GHB, reportedly known as Goodnight Cinderella,  renders people unconscious or in a walking blackout or at least otherwise vulnerable for sexual assault.  Actually there are more than 50 drugs that have been identified in drug-facilitated sexual assault cases.  It doesn’t need to be a cocktail of multiple drugs.  And  it really doesn’t matter which drug is used as the results are generally much the same.  A victim is assaulted and has limited ability to recall details or maybe even the identity of the suspect(s). 

It’s really difficult to fully protect yourself against DFSA, but you need to do what you can!  Drinking alone (or with friends but you are not really watching each others’ backs by splitting up, etc.), accepting an unusual drink from a stranger, leaving your drink unattended are the obvious things that increase risk"

The GHB can also be given through chewing gum as in the case below

"I met another Brazilian traveller in the street one afternoon, started talking with him and ended up having lunch and talking about the different things in Rio that were interesting to see. After this we were walking and he bought a packet of chewing gum and offered me one. Having seen him buy the gum I didn´t think much of it at the time. But now I am pretty sure that he swapped it for a pre-prepared gum in his pocket before giving it to me".

• Members

The investigators think that the alleged suspect left the hotel crime scene actually wearing apparel that Kadu had worn leaving his shift. The previous article mentions the suspect having taken the items upon leaving. 

However, parenthetically, the still image of the person of interest suggests that he may have worn the shirt backwards or inside out.

Certainly incriminating. Previous press suggests they are captured on security camera entering the hotel together but none of the images have been released. It seems to me that it would be prudent to release an image of the suspect in his own clothing.

https://g1.globo.com/google/amp/rj/rio-de-janeiro/noticia/2023/02/17/video-suspeito-de-homicidio-em-golpe-do-boa-noite-cinderela-foi-visto-com-as-mesmas-roupas-da-vitima.ghtml

A friend who worked at the club for a couple years told me Kadu often picked up street trade in Lapa. He said they used to joke about how dangerous it was but apparently the price difference between the club and Lapa was significant. I don't know if that is what happened but it has certainly happened before that street trade goes horribly wrong.