zombie

Police raid fitness center

Bangkok – A fitness center in Bangkok was raided where officers discovered many used condoms and said the center was allegedly being used secretly as a meetup location for gay sexual activities.

Police from the Children and Woman Protection Sub-Division told TPN media that on Friday night (July 7th) they raided a fitness center and sauna on the Ratchada Phisek Road near the Mahai Sawan Intersection.

The raid came after law enforcement officers received anonymous complaints that the place was operated as a place for gays to have various sexual activities and not for fitness. Many used condoms were found by law enforcement on the grounds of the center in small massage rooms. The fitness center collected 200 baht in entry fees from men each time they visited.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/08/fitness-center-raided-in-bangkok-allegedly-secretly-used-for-gay-sexual-activities/

24 minutes ago, t0oL1 said:

"This Connection Is Not Private. 

This website may be impersonating "thepattayanews.com" to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page."

?

Do not know what you are saying. Your quote about "connection not private" comes from where?

I got this website link from Thai Visa. now called asean now. As far as I know it is bona fide. If a moderator considers it as impersonation, he can remove it.

See:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1300186-fitness-center-raided-in-bangkok-allegedly-secretly-used-for-gay-sexual-activities/

My computer runs Malwarebytes so it any problem it would have picked it up.

13 minutes ago, spoon said:

I wonder which fitness center is this. 200 baht entry sounds more like a sauna rate lol

In the other discussion about this incident a news article was linked and identified the business as Phoenix Fitness and Sauna Service Centre on Ratchada-Tha Phra Road.  

45 minutes ago, Mavica said:

In the other discussion about this incident a news article was linked and identified the business as Phoenix Fitness and Sauna Service Centre on Ratchada-Tha Phra Road.  

The location seems diff. The one on OP link is at the Ratchada Phisek Road near the Mahai Sawan Intersection.

Plus, the allegation on the phoenix center is prostitution, while on this thread, its for gay sexual activities.

Another interesting observation, the police dept involved is children and women protection division. I suspect there is underage customer involved?

From the original source article that appeared in TPN National News:

In total, 31 customers, four staffers, and one owner were found although not identified by police. No drugs were found and urine drug tests were performed on all customers but were all reportedly negative. Most of the customers told police that they came to this place to have sexual activities with other men and not for fitness center activities.

Police did not find any evidence to prove that the center provided sexual exploitation. However, four staffers and the owner are facing charges of illegally gratifying the sexual desire of another person, a rare charge.

===========

If it’s illegal to cause sexual gratification, how would the species survive. File under TIT.

8 hours ago, reader said:

If it’s illegal to cause sexual gratification, how would the species survive. File under TIT.

More importantly perhaps if they're saying that the charge was ILLEGALLY gratifying sexual desire of another person does that then suggest that there's a LEGAL way of providing that service in Thailand as I thought THAT for sure WAS still illegal ! ? 🙂

You have to read the last sentence to learn that the customers did not commit any crime.

From the Thaiger

Police. raided a sauna and fitness spa in the Thon Buri district of Bangkok and apprehended 36 people suspected of engaging in illegal sexual activities and human trafficking. It was later concluded no money for sex passed hands and there was no evidence of human trafficking.

Officers from the Children and Women Protection Sub-Division raided Phoenix Sauna on the Ratchada-Tha Phra Road at midnight on July 8, after receiving a tip-off that the place was providing sex services for its homosexual customers.

According to the authorities, the sauna operated within a six-story building. The ground floor served as the reception area and housed lockers for customers, while the second floor was dedicated to fitness activities. The third to fifth floors comprised rental rooms while the sixth floor housed sauna facilities.

Officers apprehended 31 male customers, the sauna’s owner, and four staff members during the raid. Some individuals were discovered engaging in sexual activities within the rented rooms and a lot of used condoms were scattered throughout the building. Following drug tests, all suspects’ results came back clean.

Staff members revealed to the police that they charge customers 200 baht each and give them wristbands. Anyone who identifies as a giver would wear the band on the right wrist while those who liked to receive anal sex would wear it on the left wrist.

After investigating each suspect’s criminal history, only one man came back as having form, a 25 year old named Thanawat Ongwiroj, for fraud.

The Commander of the Metropolitan Police Region 8, Nanop Sukonthanapat, concluded that the establishment could not be classified as a brothel as it did not provide sexual services to its customers. The participation in sexual activities was voluntary and no money transactions passed hands between the customers or the sauna’s owner.

Consequently, the police were unable to press charges against the owners, staff members, or customers.

Nevertheless, the sauna’s owner, 33 year old Surasak Songram, faces a penalty of imprisonment from one to ten years and a fine from 20,000 to 200,000 baht for preparing the venue as a place for individuals to engage in sexual activities.

Phoenix Sauna staff members, and the 31 men at the spa, were released without a charge as their actions did not violate any laws.

On 7/9/2023 at 8:20 PM, zombie said:

Do not know what you are saying. Your quote about "connection not private" comes from where?

I got this website link from Thai Visa. now called asean now. As far as I know it is bona fide. If a moderator considers it as impersonation, he can remove it.

See:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1300186-fitness-center-raided-in-bangkok-allegedly-secretly-used-for-gay-sexual-activities/

My computer runs Malwarebytes so it any problem it would have picked it up.

This link works. The first one posted led me to the warning on Safari I quoted. Now I can access the webpage from the second link posted.