Shonen

How is Jomtien Complex during low season?

I am there now as I love low season. Room rent very reasonable, always somewhere to sit, lads are not busy with other customers, Baht busses empty, easy to cross the road, restaurants have plenty of space etc., etc…Haha.

Yes it’s quiet and I have heard several bars are up for sale. Some have signs outside saying for sale. 

Everything else is open, but obviously customers are down. This will of course improve later in the year. 

There are plenty of lads available and the massage places are maxed out with them. 

Gerefan is right. I left ten days ago and can't wait to return. We don't visit bars but most evenings I'd take a stroll through the Complex. The guys outnumbered the punters by a ratio of two to one. At least.

I  reflected that , were I still in the market, I'd have a great time there, with plenty of attractive guys approaching me. A buyers' market. My impression was that there are more twinks now than a year ago.

Plenty of masseurs available in the afternoon, too. There's a new (I think it's new) gay bar which also offered massages in that small soi that leads to the beach, behind Bamboo and the money exchanges. 

6 hours ago, Shonen said:

I’m fearing that it’s quiet and maybe a bar or two might close. Hope I’m wrong.

I know JKQ bar has closed. I wonder where the twinks that worked there went to. I won’t be arriving till October to try to save the place.

Lucky to see 10 customers  there a night ( in the whole complex ),how the bars pay their rent is beyond me .

I guess it could be a "hobby" for some who are retired?

21 minutes ago, aussie_ said:

Zoomer was closed today and may stay that way as the owner Charlie has taken over the management of Dodo Bar in Jomtien Complex, as well as already operating the nearby Sunee Bar adjacent to the Venue Show Bar. Charlie is also going to open a go go bar in Sunee Plaza in October across from Winner Bar.

Two interesting poles on podiums went up at the front of B.N Bar in the Jomtien Complex over the last few days so I will looking to see if they are being used when i visit there tonight. I have suggested this idea in the past to other bar owners. We cannot have go go bars in the Complex because of the local bylaws but i see no reason why we cannot have boys danciing on a podium to attract customers.

Dragon music has been sold with the new Thai owner taking over this week. There are plenty of other bars for sale but that is not unusual in the Complex. 

I saw signs out "For Sale" ....you certainly won't be buying any profit

Some of the bars I saw in the JC had not one customer all night ,too many bars not enough customers.

Of course the Landlord still wants his rent 

29 minutes ago, Shonen said:

“Maybe Sunne is making a comeback”

I wonder if you are right.

A friend of mine, who works in the bar trade, told me that there are 5 bars opening shortly in Sunee Plaza. One of them is the old Doubleshot Bar (under a new owner).

Im not sure whether i believe it…it’s definitely a wait and see matter! 

14 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Is the music in JC still way TOO LOUD ? 

The bar owners might b in for the hobby, but what r the guys doing? How do they survive? 

Well I guess they get a monthly salary 

But if your the bar owner, the time you pay rent ,salaries  electricity,and the monthly tip to the  👮‍♂️ which I heard s is around 6k per month then what's left is yours as the owner ,not much I hazard a guess 

It's ok for a retired guy getting another outside income and can be a hobby 

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Is the music in JC still way TOO LOUD ? 

Funnily enough it seems to have quietened down.

I suspect it is because of the lack of customers.

Having said that JC was quite busy on Thursday evening possibly because of the pervious 2 days of enforced closure.

Too many bars offering much the same was one of the contributory factors to Sunee's demise.  I am sorry to see it being replicated in the JC but even more sorry for the guys who are struggling to make ends meet as they sit in their almost deserted bars. 

On my last evening in Thailand, I had my nightly wander up and down the soi; there was the cutest guy I'd seen in  weeks sitting alone in one of the bars. He gave me a winsome smile. He deserved a tip just for that smile....and I went back to my hotel. 

But I must end on a more positive note. The new establishments around Dick's and Soda are  still  attracting decent numbers of punters and my impression  was that they were overwhelmingly male. It suggests that the JC still has life in it. 

I've not been to pattaya ever, but to bangkok over 10 times. From recent reports I am quite interested in seeing pattaya haha.. 

When is the low season?

And are there any places similar to bangkok jockish scene - like arena, prince, senso for massage, and bars like dreamboys/jupiter? My type of guys is a bit on the jockish / college guy next door kind, not realllly into twinks haha... My perception of pattaya so far is its kind of a twinky place LoL 

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

I've not been to pattaya ever, but to bangkok over 10 times. From recent reports I am quite interested in seeing pattaya haha.. 

When is the low season?

And are there any places similar to bangkok jockish scene - like arena, prince, senso for massage, and bars like dreamboys/jupiter? My type of guys is a bit on the jockish / college guy next door kind, not realllly into twinks haha... My perception of pattaya so far is its kind of a twinky place LoL 

High season is November to March the rest of the months consider as low season. The type of guys you are looking for can be found at the bars in Boyz Town area.

On 8/5/2023 at 2:43 AM, Boy69 said:

I think JC had a short golden era with a large flow of customers ( mainly because the fading of Sunnee Plaza and Boyz Town becoming too expensive for expats) Which tempted many owners open too much bars , this golden era is finished there are not enough customers to justify so much bars nowadays.

I agree and also you have free sex at the gay sauna, plus many on Grindr wanting free sex.

I'm old and ugly and I still got offers from younger guys travelling through

Mind you my tastes differ , I wanted old guys in the sauna and there was plenty available 

Also times are changing, it's not sort of the in thing to pay for sex from the next gay generation 

23 hours ago, Bravo said:

When is the low season?

You don't think you could find free sex with your type ?

On 8/3/2023 at 10:39 AM, Shonen said:

I know JKQ bar has closed. I wonder where the twinks that worked there went to. I won’t be arriving till October to try to save the place.

The staff from JQK moved to other bars in the Jomtien Complex and some to Boyztown. The Cambodian owners of JQK have opened Classic Boy Bar in Boyztown. After a slow start they had sixteen boys there on Saturday night. I remember seeing the management of JQK when it was still open, showing a large group of Cambodian boys around the Complex one afternoon in preperation to setup Classic Boys.

I’m due in Pats in about 4 weeks. I’m undecided where to stay BT AREA or in the Complex. I’ve always enjoyed gogos and prefer them to the Complex bars. Am I right in saying that  BT gogos open at the moment are Classic, X-boys, Abomb and Toy Boys ?. What are the boys wearing whilst on stage ?.  Winner in Sunee has been a favourite of mine Any member been there recently ?. 

8 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

I’m due in Pats in about 4 weeks. I’m undecided where to stay BT AREA or in the Complex. I’ve always enjoyed gogos and prefer them to the Complex bars. Am I right in saying that  BT gogos open at the moment are Classic, X-boys, Abomb and Toy Boys ?. What are the boys wearing whilst on stage ?.  Winner in Sunee has been a favourite of mine Any member been there recently ?. 

Classic, X-boys and Toy Boys are wearing briefs. Dream Boys were wearing jeans on my last visit two weeks ago. Another member may have more info about Boyz Boyz Boyz and Abomb.

Winner Boys is still going with around ten boys wearing briefs. Nice Boys on Soi VC may be wearing nothing at various stages but usually wearing briefs.

6 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Yes 

Sat outside with the owner ,nice  chap,he has only been in Thailand since 2017 , divorced in Belgium,