Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    The concept of having CCTV in go-go bars is more complex than a lot of guys are letting on. I don't think it's possible to take a perfect stand on the issue. It goes without saying that lots of us would rather not be filmed cavorting with guys in their underwear. And, face it, while most bars won't do anything with the tapes, they'll always be one or two greedy bar owners who will try to use them to make money. While I wouldn't be a good blackmail subject, I could think of some people who are prominent in either business or politics who would be put at risk by CCTV filming. Being totally openly gay and I’ve been told easily recognized as flamboyantly gay, I do…

    • 25 replies
    • 8.4k views
  2. Started by Gaybutton,

    Thursday, July 17 and Friday, July 18 mark two major Buddhist holidays in Thailand. July 17 is Asalaha Bucha Day. July 18 is Khao Pansaa, the more important of the two holidays. Khao Pansaa is the beginning of Buddhist Lent. On both days banks and government offices will be closed. Alcohol sales will not be permitted. I have no word yet as to whether the bars will be allowed to remain open if they serve only non-alcoholic beverages.

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    There was a thread recently about a murder in Sunee. Turned out not to be a murder but something less severe. Over at SGF, the conversation drifted to violence in Pattaya. Today, I got another eye opener. On Sunday, the boyfriend was at school. I went to the beach to relax. I went alone. When I got there I noticed a strikingly handsome guy standing by the sea. He came back and we chatted. His english was not good but we tried. I told him to wait as the my friend was coming to give me a leg massage and he could interpret for us. When he got there, the told me he was 1/2 Thai and 1/2 Pakistani. He said he was 20 years old and had an ID. I asked to see the ID…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    Happy Bar on Soi Yensabai in South Pattaya near Sunee Plaza is having a party in July 19, 2008. They have 2 shows scheduled. Eat Free and All drinks are 99 baht.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Liam's Gallery, Pattaya cordially invites you to the gallery's first photography exhibition of OHM PHANPHIROJ award-winning international artist entitled Rare Views curated by Brian Curtin in conjunction with Whitespace Gallery Bangkok. Exhibition runs from July 19th to August 31st 2008. Opening Reception: Saturday July 19th 2008, 6.30-10.00 pm. Photographs from Phanphiroj's Books Rare Views and Nighthawks will be exhibited and Khun Ohm will be on hand to sign books on July 19th. Liam's Gallery 352/107 Soi 4 Pratamnak Road Moo 12 Nong Prue Banglamung, Pattaya 20150 Tel. +66 038 306172 Email: contact.liamsgallery@gmail.com http://www.liamsg…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Started by Gaybutton,

    The Bondi hotel and bar, in Jomtien Complex, has closed. I'm very sorry to see yet another gay establishment close its doors.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  7. Guest PattayaPlayers
    Started by Guest PattayaPlayers,

    Saturday September 6, 2008 Interactive Murder Mystery Dinner Theater: "Death And Deceit On The Nile" Pattaya Players (Home of Pattaya's Professional Amateurs) is proud to unearth a treasure trove of laughs as its newest production "Death And Deceit On The Nile" sets sail at the Indian By Nature Restaurant in Jomtien. This production is the first in an annual series of dinner theatre offerings presented by the Pattaya Players, written by Peter DePietro. DePietro is a veteran of the interactive dinner theatre genre, with hits including "Broadway Babylon," "A Fatal Combination," "The Hilarious Hillbilly Massacre," "Murder At Rutherford House" and "Murder At The Prom."…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Started by sammo55,

    Hi all Will be in bangkok 31/7 to 4/8 then back 28/8 to 4/9 booked into Tarntawan, I know most will have already been covered but what is the updated rates going around at the moment and any special places I should go or advise to help my stay special. would I be better picking up a boy for the length of my stay, and will he be able to show me around what should I pay him ? Many thanks for any advise in advance, I like 18-25 year olds, and some who can speak english.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    One of my best Thai friends has a very sweet ladyboy. Her birthday was tonight and we let her pick the night's agenda. We started out going to the movie at Major cinema. This place is well done and fun. We all got the VIP love seats which as we took up the whole row of them, gave me one to myself. I was able to lay down and catch a little zzzz's when the boring parts of the movie forced my eyes shut. Afterwards we went to Out XY Disco. At least that is the name I saw on the stage. There may be another name. It is right behind the back entrance from Major like you would drive to 2nd Road and pass the old Star Boys. The disco is well decorated and has ni…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.7k views
  10. U.S. Citizen Consular Outreach Visit to Pattaya Friday, July 18, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM Dusit Thani Hotel The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of the addition of a consular outreach visit to Pattaya. Please come if you can! Consular staff will be available to provide consular services at the following date and location: Friday, July 18, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Pattaya. Please look for signs in the hotel lobby pointing to the location of the outreach. The following consular services will be available during our reach visits. Please bring exact change. * Passport renewal…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    I left the LOS last week, got to LA and missed it so much I came back 2 days later. The flight crew was the same one as I had on the outbound flight. We were all actually in the same hotel in Los Angeles. I had one lady who had her first trip and asked her if she could give me a bottle of water early and she came back with a full large liter of water for me and asked me to hide it. I thanked her profusely. When I initially asked, she questioned if we normally got them and I told her I didn't remember and she said it was her first flight and she didn't know either. I guess instead of asking someone, she just brought me over a large bottle. When at the hotel, I …

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    The boyfriend and I took a few of his friends to Gian's last week and we ate the pizza. I really enjoyed it. Last night, we decided to try Pan Pan's for their pizza and to compare the two. I preferred Gian's but the guys all preferred Pan Pan. That was one Falang vote for Gian's and 4 Thai boys vote for Pan Pan. At Pan Pan, I don't think I saw the waiters smile at us one time. Not friendly at all and did not take care of us the way they should have. Normally, I leave a nice tip but this time, I left only about 50 bath on an order that was over 1500 bath. The service was just not good at all.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    Bangkok was voted the world's best city for 2008 and the Galapagos were picked as the best islands in an online poll by Travel + Leisure magazine, winning over last year's winners Florence, Italy and Bali, Indonesia. US-based magazine readers also voted Singita Sabi Sand, at the Kruger National Park, South Africa, as the world's top hotel while Singapore Airlines grabbed the best airline award again. It was the first time that Bangkok and the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador topped their respective categories, said Nancy Novogrod, editor-in-chief of Travel + Leisure. Last year, Bangkok was ranked number 3 and the Galapagos number 8. The 2007 winners of best cit…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  14. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Bush to Visit Again BangkokPost.com US President George W. Bush will visit Thailand next month to celebrate the 175th anniversary of diplomatic relations. US officials confirmed on Friday that Mr Bush will visit Thailand and South Korea on his way to China to attend the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. The exact date of the visit is not yet set, but it will be within the first week of August. According to an official White House press release on Friday, Mr Bush will first visit South Korea. "The President will then travel to Thailand to celebrate 175 years of the US-Thailand rel…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. Guest zzrichard
    Started by Guest zzrichard,

    Thought this was interesting: http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/index.php?op...ge&Itemid=1

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  16. Guest Khunatm
    Started by Guest Khunatm,

    I have read a lot recently about Monty’s NEW floor show. So after a most enjoyable and inexpensive meal at Mignon (where can you get a margarita for 100 THB?) we waddled around to Monty’s just in time for the “Best Show in Pattaya”. Of course it is not as professional as the big productions at Tiffany’s and Alcazar, or even the more intimate shows at BBB, the old shows at Throb and especially the Icon, that I miss so much. But for what you get, I thought it was well produced, didn’t run too long and overall was entertaining. After the show I even braved one of Monty’s “famous” burgers; enjoyed it, but struggled to survived the next morning with only one indigest…

    • 7 replies
    • 4k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    The PG Weekly Report is published every Tuesday evening, Thai time at http://www.pgreport.com This is the summary of the current report: PG WEEKLY REPORT FOR THE 7 DAYS ENDING JULY 8th 2008 This page was last edited on: July 08, 2008 PATTAYA NEWS & FORTHCOMING EVENTS Oscars to host Presentation Evening Quiz Night at Oscars for Thais4Life Le Café Royale events (El Duo fans must read) Bar La Cage News Bee of Forest Bar is 21 AGAIN!!! Ozz Bar and Terrace News Make a wish today . . . tasty food is on its way! Pattaya's well known gay priest turns 60 The Birdcage for Sale O'Brien's Restaurant for Sale BANGKOK NEWS Silom …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  18. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    Aspirin seems quite expensive in the small Pattaya pharmacies compared to the Duane Reades in New York. Are there any mega pharmacies or pharmacies within super stores in Pattaya with low prices on over the counter drugs?

    • 6 replies
    • 3k views
  19. Guest luvthai
    Started by Guest luvthai,

    I just read where the four males arrested back in May were immediately taken to Bangkok and blacklisted and deported without benefit of trial or a day in court. How often does this happen? Is the passport stamped in someway or is it just listed in the computers. How many of the arrested lately have been deported?

    • 9 replies
    • 3.7k views
  20. Started by Gaybutton,

    The east side of Sukhumvit Highway is known to the locals as the "Dark Side." I've never posted about the restaurants out there because I know most of you will never get there. After all, within Pattaya City there are plenty of wonderful restaurants and you would have to stay in Pattaya for months before being able to try them all. However, they're not the only restaurants. There are plenty of wonderful restaurants out on the "Dark Side" too and perhaps you might like to get out there some time for a change of pace. Several of these restaurants border the Lake Mabprachan reservoir. You would have to go out Soi Siam Country Club to get to those. If you are…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    THERE is no question that Angkor and its famed temples are among the world's archaeological treasures, providing a window into the Cambodian dynasty that flourished there from the ninth century to the 15th century. But tourists who flock to the site in north-west Cambodia say something is missing; few artefacts remain to help them imagine the customs and rituals of the ancient empire. Many antiquities were looted over the centuries or appropriated by museums in France, the country's former colonial ruler. Of those that remained, many were moved to Cambodia's National Museum, more than 300 kilometres from Angkor. Now, a Thai company says it is trying to tack…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  22. Started by TotallyOz,

    The boys were roughhousing today by the pool and one slipped and skinned his knee. I jumped out of the pool to see what happened and sure enough, the cut was deep. It was very deep and I insisted he go to the hospital. He whined and said he would be OK but I insisted and he went. The doctor had to put 3 stitches in the leg and gave him a tetanus shot. He also gave him medicine and pain pills. We need to take him back in one week. The cost for the stitches and the shot and the pharmacy was 2,900 baht and that was an emergency room visit. With that price, why anyone would want to even go to a doctor down a dark soi is beyond me. Bangkok Pattaya is amazing …

    • 12 replies
    • 2.8k views
  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    Life throws many twists and turns at every corner and when ever you choose a different path more obstacles come your way. Pattaya has always been a fun place for me and I love the bar scene here and often went to 5 or more in one night. But, the real reason that has brought me back to this fair city time and time again is the boyfriend. First it was boyfriend number 1 who taught me how to be a farang in a foreign land and to be taken for every penny possible. (I will not count the baht lost on him or the number of mobile phones) LOL I am now with a guy that I have been with for 4 years and I adore him. He really makes me very happy and content. I look back o…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  24. If you are looking for a good, and very inexpensive buffet, you might want to try the LK Kitchen on Soi Buakao in Pattaya. I've been there with friends several times, and we really like it. There is a small salad bar, a fresh fruit bar, two soup selections, garlic bread, five or six Thai food selections, five or six 'farang food' selections, spaghetti bolognese, and even a barbeque grill where you can order large prawns, all you want, along with various satays and kebobs. The 'farang food' dishes usually include beef, chicken, pork, and fish selections. The selections change nightly. They also include potatoes, white rice, and fried rice. There is even a wonderf…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    We were headed to the movie at Major Cineplex and needed to eat. We took a short walk up 2nd Road and found Aloha. It is the place with the waterfall on the outside of it. Inside, it is decorated much like the Little Mermaid. It has a Hawaiian / Polynesian theme. There was live music that was very relaxing and enjoyable. The Thai lady did not hit all the English words right but she has a nice voice and it was peaceful to listen to. There were 5 of us in total. We started off with the Scorpion, which is a mixed drink for 4 with Bourbon and Rum and some Island juices. They served in a large tabletop pot with LONG straws for all of us to reach. We all had …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.