Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
As of noon today, the Bangkok protest marches are starting to become quite dangerous. The Bangkok Post reports that Thai stocks are falling sharply in the wake of the political upheaval. So far, neither the British or US embassies have issued any strong warnings. The only warning so far has come from the British embassy: The English language press have posted several articles: __________ From the BANGKOK POST: _____ Military Figures Meet to Discuss about Unrest (BangkokPost.com) - Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej shifted the weekly cabinet meeting Tuesday to the Royal Thai Armed Forces headquarters after supporters of People's Allia…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
For the past several days the baht has been weakening against the US dollar. I didn't say anything about it until now because I wanted to wait and see if the rate would really reach 34 baht to the US dollar again. As of this morning it has! The opening rates were posted only five minutes before my post and the rate opened at exactly 34 baht to the US dollar. It's been a long time since we've seen that and the trend is likely to continue. We'll see. Tuesday, August 26 Opening rates: _____ US Dollar: 34.0 Euro: 49.935 British Pound: 62.715 Australian Dollar: 29.07 Canadian Dollar: 32.205 __________ Closing Rates: __…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
It looks like both Tuesday and Friday this week will not be the best days to be trying to get around or go sightseeing in Bangkok. Both groups are planning a major rally in Bangkok, but the time and place of each rally has not yet been announced. For those of you who have upcoming embassy business, it might be a good idea to try to take care of it on days when there are no marches planned, as far in advance as is feasible. You never know when the next march is going to take place. It would cause you major complications to put off embassy business until the last minute if you find that because of these marches you can't even get to your embassy. The following…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
I have to do a run to a consulate or embassy. I am open to suggestions but like someplace that has a few gay bars to keep me busy at night. Any suggestions?
-
I am looking for a reliable company to do regular water deliveries in Pattaya. I have one of the large cooler units that a huge bottle of water goes on top of and want weekly deliveries. Any suggestions are appreciated.
-
Having walked around the plaza many times, it is obvious that almost every bar is for sale. Even those that have been around for many years and do not have a for sale sign are willing to sell. Having discussed purchasing one building for my BF, I found that word spread fast and that many that I did not think would sell, were all offering up their locations. That made me wonder about what those that have been around in the area for a long time think of the current situation. I do wonder if this is not the typical low season lull. I think there are 2 choices to what is happening. 1. All the bars WILL enforce the over 18 and up law and this will clean up Sunee and…
-
I was not in Sunee Plaza last night, so my information is coming second hand. Perhaps someone who was there can elaborate. The story I'm getting is that police showed up in large numbers and seemed primarily interested in what was going on in the streets. I have not heard any stories about police entering bars last night, so I don't know if bar raids were included or not. From what I am hearing, they were primarily checking the street boys for age, drugs, and weapons. I also heard that farang were not hassled in any way. I understand the Pattayaland area was not raided. Again, my information at this point is second hand and rather sketchy. If anyone ha…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I think several of you who frequent Bangkok and stay at either The Pinnacle Hotel or the Malaysia Hotel are familiar with the dog. It's my favorite dog in Thailand and I'm guessing it's a street dog. For years, at the corner of Soi Ngam Duplee and Rama IV, just outside the bank there is a big dog that hangs out there. He's almost always lying down, just sitting there watching the world go by, but he's always there. Every day, all day, the dog is there. The dog never bothers anyone and seems to appreciate it when passers by stop to pet him (or is it a her? I forget which.). Someone always puts out food and water for the dog and the dog seems perfectly happy. …
-
- 2 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I have been trying to teach the boyfriend photography and he is doing a nice job with it. It is the first time I have seen him taken an interest in something (other than shopping). This is a pic of one of his friends. He is over 18 years old and there are no nude photos as the law in Thailand forbids that. However, as you can see, there are many sexy boys here. This boy use to work in Sunee Plaza but now is "retired" and lives with family in his city and works security.
-
One of my boyspecial's mothers sent us a box of food she had cooked and it was delivered via postal service today. She sent it because she wanted her son to have some home cooking and wanted me to try some of their local cuisine. First, I am leery to eat anything that is not from a reliable place. Second, I don't like eating something new to me. Third, I just don't want to try it all. Am I obliged to try it? Or, can I weasel out of it easily?
-
- 3 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I stumbled upon a boy I knew worked in Sunee a few years back. I saw him on a motorcycle with his friend. I asked him former mamasan about him and without a name to give it was hard to describe him. I was no help in the description. A boy, Dark completed, Thai, wears a hat. Not too tall, not too short. Worked for years. He never really captured my attention on a stage with underwear on but in full attire, he looked like a model stepping off of a runway. So, I asked about him with little information. An hour later, he arrives in the bar I was drinking in and came to say hello to me. As he had only had a drink with me in the past, I am not sure if he even knew me.…
-
The boyfriend and his 3 friends slept over last night. We went to the movie around 9:30 and were home by 12:30 after a McDonald's meal. They were not drunk and all were asleep by 2am. At 10 this morning I had 3 sets of work crews into my place for work. Hammering, sawing, making the most awful noise you ever heard. Each of the boys were in the adjacent room. Not one of them work up. Not one of them heard the bell for the gate. Not one heard the phone. Not one heard the hammers and the air pump machine. Not one moved an inch. For over 2 hours work was hard and loud and yet all slept though it. I hear the crack of the floor and the sound of a cricket. They seem …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Thai Device Power Car with Water By The Nation Published on August 22, 2008 Udon Thani - Thai engineers yesterday launched their latest invention, the "Reactor 1" device, which extracts hydrogen from water to power a car, as the fruit of 30 years of study and labour that could be an alternative energy idea. Device developer Sumit Isarangkul na Ayutthaya, managing director of Pathum Thanibased Integrated Technology Consultant Co Ltd, and codeveloper Somchai Traisuriyathamma presented a hydropowered car at a press conference hosted by Udon Thani Rajabhat University's Mechanical Engineering Department. T…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.7k views
-
-
I am looking for a good health food store that has good vitamins and protein bars. The only place I have found so far is GNC in Tops on 2nd Road. Their selection was very limited. Any suggestions? I ordered some from the USA and they will be delivered to me here but the Import Tax on them was over 300 dollars which doubles the price. Any advice?
-
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
-
-
I knew nothing about this until I read a post by Garfield on the Pattaya Passion web site. The information about White Night is on their new web site, not yet complete as of this writing, at: http://www.white-night-pattaya.com
-
I took a boy to see Coyote off of Soi Lucky Star. It is a girl bar. Unlike the girl bars on Walking Street, these ladies were hot and sexy. One thing I really loved about the place was they sold ping pong balls for 20 bath each. When you saw a girl on stage you liked, you threw her the ball and she could cash it in for the money later in the evening. It was a very fun way to tip the girls and when I open my first bar, I will have to do this as I did find it enjoyable. There is really no boy bar that compares to the energy level in the girl bars. The customers were all having fun and the girls really did seem to enjoy themselves and they ALL knew how to da…
-
If you have business with the British Embassy, Tuesday, August 19 is the wrong day to go. _____ Protesters Plan Anti-Thaksin March to British Embassy Tuesday BANGKOK, Aug 16 -- The anti-government People‘s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) plans to march to the British embassy here on Tuesday to rebut critical remarks made by Thailand‘s fugitive ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra against the Thai judiciary system, a PAD core member said Saturday. Pipop Thongchai, a core leader of the PAD, said the protest coalitions members and supporters would march from the Makkawan Bridge to the British Embassy with the purpose of explaining to the international commu…
-
- 5 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Please be informed of our new Gourmet Set Menu serving from August 16. through 31 available at Casa Pascal Only Weekly Set Menu serving from August 12 ~ 25 available at both Casa Pascal and Poseidon. August 16 ~ 31 Gourmet Set Menu House Champagne *** Amuse Bouche *** White Wine Cackle Berry Chardonnay, Australia 2004 Beef Tatar enhanced with Korean Pear, Sesame and Quail Egg *** Clear Oxtail Soup with Tomato Tortellini *** Steamed Alaska Scallops with Crystal Noodles, Garlic and Spring Onions *** Raspberry Sherbet *** Red Wine Sea Horse Bay, Shiraz, Australia,2006 …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I attempted to register as Geezer on Pattaya Passion and failed. I then registered as Geezer 1, logged in several times, and read posts. Upon trying to log in later a message was displayed saying the ID or password was invalid. (Despite being those sent in an Email to me) Subsequently I registered as Geezer II, logged in, and read the postings. Now when attempting to log in messages appear stating the ID or password is invalid, and three girls in Bangkok want to have a fling with me. I have abandoned further attempts, as I don’t know how far beyond Geezer II I can count in Roman numerals, and I am afraid of girls.
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Seminar: Police Under Fire over Human Trafficking By Chularat Saengpassa The Nation, Hat Yai Published on August 18, 2008 South locals at a recent seminar on child prostitution and human trafficking point their fingers at police inefficiency and corruption. Student leaders in Hat Yai and Sadao, Songkhla, said they knew where brothels and karaoke bars offering prostitution were. How is it the police are unaware of this? they ask. The head of a youth and student council in Hat Yai said "Why don't the police arrest traffickers? "They keep targeting teenagers like us at road checkpoints with tri…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Further to the thread about SIM cards for the infrequent user and my replies with my personal solution. Many users will also be aware of the current advertising SPAM in Thai which is being sent by txt to 1-2-Call SIM users - see http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4788 I have just tried to send my normal monthly txt to keep the phone number active and found that there is 'No Connection'. I rang the AIS Service centre from another phone and they told me that because my SMS 'IN' box had been filled up (presumably with SPAM) and couldn't accept any more txts and the phone had not been used for about 4 weeks they had ceased/disconnected the number. …
-
- 6 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Is anyone else having problems accessing the Gay Ting & Tong web site? For the past three days now, for me it either comes in extremely slowly or doesn't come in at all. If I manage to get through, I am unable to post. In three days I was able to post one message, although I tried to post other messages. I keep getting a 'server timed out' message. I am having no problems accessing any other web sites.
-
MESSAGE TO GEEZER... Dear Geezer, First off, let me apologize for the trouble you have been having trying to log-in to our message board. I saw your posting on GayThailand. I have noted with increasing alarm the multiple handles that your moniker was receiving. I thought that perhaps it was someone trying to take over your name -- or a troll looking to do character assassination. Since you are a long-standing, well respected member of the gay message board community, I wanted to make sure that your good name was being upheld. Therefore, I purposely deleted all Geezer accounts except the original which is Geezer -- please note the capital G as it is important. Yo…
-
Does anyone know the details about the runaway bus on Thrappaya Road this morning. Pattaya City News has nothing about it on their site.
-
I went to Pattaya Immigration on the 13th to give them my 90 day address report (form TM47). I had the original and a copy of my latest CAT invoice receipt for ADSL service with me. The lady at the desk took my report, did the usual stamping and detaching of the bottom portion for stapling in my passport. She also was stapling an additional slip of paper to the bottom portion of the form before stapling it into my passport. At this point she had not asked for any documentation. I then asked if she wanted to see any documentation, showing her my original CAT bill and offering the copy. She said yes, took the photocopy after having me sign it and told me to "bring the…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-