DivineMadman

Ganymede Spa - (Bangkok)

Found the place OK today a little after 3p.m. but was not open. Will be on top of list for next trip. With a new start up, better to heed DM's advice and call ahead.

Good landmark to identify private road: look for small blue "taxi" sign and turn left. As DM says, nearly at very end.

Found the place OK today a little after 3p.m. but was not open. Will be on top of list for next trip. With a new start up, better to heed DM's advice and call ahead.

Good landmark to identify private road: look for small blue "taxi" sign and turn left. As DM says, nearly at very end.

grrrr.  not great when i think they advertise their hours as opening at 13:00.  Hmmmmm.  Sorry to waste your time.

Went to Ganymede. Unfortunately went too early (2pm) so only one masseur available. I should have sent Line message in advance. But in any case, the masseur who serviced me (calls himself X) doesn't have his photo on the shop's Line account.

X is muscular with huge tattoo on his chest. He looks like George Michael with goatee. Decent massage skills. Strong strokes. I took 90-minutes scrub and oil massage at 800 baht. Started with scrub. After scrub, X led me to shower to wash away the scrub before proceeding to oil massage and sex. Toilet down the halfway has a bathtub so must be careful going in and out.

After i was done, went down to pay. Saw the other masseurs slowly reporting for work. About 3 others, with one really handsome.

Ganymede is arguably the easiest to find massage place in Bangkok. So so near to BTS. Clean facilities. Worth going.

I would call it a small web presence rather than a full website

Definition from Wikipedia -- A website is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server.

Ganymede site contains menu of services, photos, map and hyperlinks to additional pages. Content is similar to many other massage shop websites. Don't know how much more is required to pass muster.

of course it's a website and it's ridiculous to suggest that a site in Thailand can't qualify as a "website" unless it's robustly in English.  Let's not quibble -- entirely unnecessarily -- with a productive member's post, which can only add a dose of discouragement.  

if you use google chrome browser it's also quite easy just to say "yes" when the good folks at google offer to translate the page for you.  that's not so hard.

of course it's a website and it's ridiculous to suggest that a site in Thailand can't qualify as a "website" unless it's robustly in English.  Let's not quibble -- entirely unnecessarily -- with a productive member's post, which can only add a dose of discouragement.  

if you use google chrome browser it's also quite easy just to say "yes" when the good folks at google offer to translate the page for you.  that's not so hard.

I agree with your your comments except for using Google Translate which usually gives me translations which make no sense.

I agree with your your comments except for using Google Translate which usually gives me translations which make no sense.

i agree.  on a separate note, i think whatever facebook uses for translate has been hacked, because I frequently get downright bizarre translations entirely unrelated to the Thai text, such as "I don't know what to do" or "I'm very tired."  Perhaps it's just a sign that the translator-AI has become sentient.

i agree.  on a separate note, i think whatever facebook uses for translate has been hacked, because I frequently get downright bizarre translations entirely unrelated to the Thai text, such as "I don't know what to do" or "I'm very tired."  Perhaps it's just a sign that the translator-AI has become sentient.

How do you know the translations are unrelated to the Thai text?

Your examples are typical of what many of my Thai friends post on facebook in Thai.

I went back to Ganymede on Sunday. Same guy R who I met on Monday. In fact, he was the one who appeared from behind curtain to serve me water. This time round, I decided on milkcream massage instead of oil massage. More gentle. I got room 1 where the bed has a hole for my head. Music has changed to some singers singing acoustic cover of famous songs but softer in volume. R was handsome and so awesome with his touches and strokes. After massage was very fun. I think R will be my regular massage guy from now on.