Terry4

Are you going bareback now.?

I wont be bothering starting posts on this board again , I prefer to wait until the “ younger Generation” start posting on here rather than the old fools we have here now with their outdated and often hypocritical views not to mention the racism and prejudices for anyone different from being a Geriatric homosexual, yes I used the word homosexual because some people on this board are still in “ those times” so to speak.

Im sure in another 20 years when Im going on 70 we may have some intelligence on these boards,and we have younger members.

We dont have many young guys or even gay girls posting on here because its mostly the old fools I see in Jomtien and Sunee hobbling about on their walking sticks and their only in their 60’s some of them,and the funniest thing is they think their young when they ask you “how old do you think I am?

I can never work out why the old Homosexuals all seem to be hobbling about about and the straight old timers are mostly looking fit ?

Well at least the younger Gen of gays are into fitness so in 20 years when most if you will be pulling up daisies there will be less hobbling old geriatrics around.

I wonder if this board will be around when im 70?

From what I see paborn made a valid point and your response was to post shit like that and attack members of this board? Goes to show that maybe you are the one lacking intelligence. You don't half love yourself Terry, judging on what you just posted don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Oh and by the way, the members of this board that I have had the pleasure of meeting are definitely not geriatrics and going by the conversations are all intelligent people. I for one will not miss ever seeing anything you post again. Haha here's a thought, why don't you use that vast intelligence of yours to start up your own board and just make it for the young and the like minded people that share your views?

I'm sure in another 20 years when Im going on 70 we may have some intelligence on these boards,and we have younger members.

predicting is very hard , specially predicting the future

I wont be bothering starting posts on this board again , I prefer to wait until the “ younger Generation” start posting on here rather than the old fools we have here now

if you tried to be nice it did not work quite way you intended.

Old fools at least made that far, you apparently have still 20 years to go and with such bitter disposition it may not be happiest 20 years of your life

Unfortunately on this board if you hold a different opinion or view some seem to take it personally and want to attack you for that view rather than discussing it rationally.

I was at a Community meeting recently where we were discussing drug users leavng their syringes in the community park, I suggested we write to the local Council to ask them to install a special syringe bin to encourage harm minimisation, the members there just like this board were ignorant to the fact that there are drug users just like there are “barebackers” and “ harm minimisation” is what works,not ignoring what goes on or belittling people who acknowledge it or participate in it.

And the same there had the same views similar to here , “oh they shouldnt be drug users there fault, hope they die , etc ,so rather than “ acknowledge “ there are certain people in society that pose in risky behaviour and we cannot stop it so lets “ minmise” it, instead we choose to be ignorant about it.

the purpose of my post was to support Prep medication for barebackers just like I support clean syringes for drug users.

Unfortunately this couldnt be discussed rationally , as if you disagreed with certain posters on here they took it personally and started using abusive posts instead of discussion.

As I said these posters were not teenagers but mature men, some even have the audacity to complain to the moderators “ we shouldnt be discussing this topic etc ,we should be ignoring what goes on “ etc

Many living in the past or maybe brought up in cottonwool ?

From what I see paborn made a valid point and your response was to post shit like that and attack members of this board? Goes to show that maybe you are the one lacking intelligence. You don't half love yourself Terry, judging on what you just posted don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Oh and by the way, the members of this board that I have had the pleasure of meeting are definitely not geriatrics and going by the conversations are all intelligent people. I for one will not miss ever seeing anything you post again. Haha here's a thought, why don't you use that vast intelligence of yours to start up your own board and just make it for the young and the like minded people that share your views?

Good post and thanks for your opinion, some would take offence and cry like a baby but I support your right to have a opinion.

and it confirms my view that one reason i support massive immigration to Australia (whether that be muslim Arabic or African immigration), ,especially to lower class Country areas is to rid ourselves of the bogan element who i must say ironically.....seem to hate each other anyway.

nobody likes condoms - but, the risks of unprotected sex are too much for me.  
In just the last 12 months, the standard US/CDC med protocol required to treat  chlamydia & gonorrhea have been significantly changed (the shot dosage is doubled and the pills are now 2x daily/7days) because both type infections are becoming more drug resistant.  There may be a time when drugs won’t work anymore.  Not to mention syphilis, hep c & a few other undesirable maladies.

I’ve even had sti while using condoms once, but obviously the chances are greatly reduced.

condoms really aren’t a big deal once it becomes a normal part of having sex.  and anyone you’re having bareback sex with most likely having it lots of other people too

Prep is just addressing one part of the problem.

I have at times had people inviting me to do bareback, as THEY are on PREP.  

I declined, as:

1  I haven't researched PREP properly, but assume them taking PREP doesn't guarantee my safety.

2 I only have their word about them taking PREP and if they do take PREP, I don't know where where they get it from.   There are lots of fake drugs in Thailand.

As a starting point, I like the idea of condoms with almost no side effects better than drugs with side effects.  

However I ought to read up on the topic properly.

there’s Prep for people who are not hiv+ , which is designed to prevent hiv serioconversion/infection 

and then there hiv+ people who are on meds…there are many med options now but the desired end result to is to render the virus “undetectable”.  When hiv Is undetectable by blood tests, then that person can no longer transmit the virus to another person, assuming they take the meds as prescribed and are monitored every few months to make sure the meds are still working and still undetectable.  some people eventually have meds that fail and have to move on to alternatives, or in some cases a better med comes on the market with fewer side effects.

also, there are still many hiv+ people who don’t know they are hiv+

I assume all my sex partners are hiv+ and have other STIs and proceed accordingly.  

It took me a while to get used to condoms - the trick was to buy really good condoms & lube….my favorite condoms are Skyns natural - all condoms are not created equal and a good condom makes a huge difference.  Same for lube - my favorite is Uberlube which is a little more expensive and feels like silicone but washes easily with soap & water and doesn’t leave any stains on sheets, fabric, etc 

The more you know ;)

On 9/26/2018 at 11:11 AM, Terry4 said:

Safe sex is hardly wearing a condom that can break?.....Sorry guys but times are changing and many young ones now say " safe sex" is when your on prep.

Im just hoping that your bored and a trolling otherwise your casual view to your and other peoples safety ( which i accept is their responsibility not yours) is terrible - and sa others have said above when you factor in this is you shagging young poor, ill sexually educated Thai guys who NEED the money no matter what, then THAT adds a whole different level of terrible to the equation too.

• Members

I went full bareback more than 3 years ago, when I started PrEP. By "full bareback" I mean that I only use condoms when my partner asks me to, or when I am certain my dick is going to get shit and I am not in the mood. So far I have followed PrEP protocols strictly, getting tested for everything every 3 months. I only paused the testing during the first pandemic lockdowns, as I was having not physical proximity at all with anyone.

In these years of barebacking, the only STD I got was unrelated to the use or not of condoms. I got infected with E-Cole two years ago, because of eating ass.

I am very promiscuos. Besides frequently hooking up in apps, I used to hire quite often sex workers in the USA, and I still do it when I travel out of the USA.

If you think I am irresponsible, I think you are a scared dinosaur. 

5 hours ago, PeterRS said:

It is being understanding that your partner may not have a clue what PrEP really is.

I haven't looked into PrEP as much as I should have, but suspect it's not 100% effective and has side effects ?

I know of one Lao national who was encouraging me to remove the condom, since he's on PrEP.   I declined, mainly as:

1  I have no proof he's on PrEP

2 There are fake medicines around and I don't know where he sources it from

3 I'm not on PrEP

• Members
7 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Ok, call me a scared dinosaur!.

Did you call me irresponsible and selfish? I am not sure actually, as you are contextualizing your decision according to your geographic location. If you do think I am selfish and irresponsible, then yes I think you are a scared dinosaur soon to be extinct.

But I do not pretend that my decision is the right decision for everyone. After all, we all have different levels of risk aversion, and the only sex 100% safe is no sex. Therefore, I do not judge men who make a different decision, even in my same location, as long as they do not pretend to project their safety protocols into my own life. 

2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Did you call me irresponsible and selfish? I am not sure actually, as you are contextualizing your decision according to your geographic location. If you do think I am selfish and irresponsible, then yes I think you are a scared dinosaur soon to be extinct.

But I do not pretend that my decision is the right decision for everyone. After all, we all have different levels of risk aversion, and the only sex 100% safe is no sex. Therefore, I do not judge men who make a different decision, even in my same location, as long as they do not pretend to project their safety protocols into my own life. 

No, I did not. Had you read my post you have have noted that it referred specifically to Bangkok with a lesser reference to other countries in Asia. I assumed from your post that you do not live in Bangkok. If I am wrong, then why did you post this in the Gay Thailand forum rather than a more general one? 

Wherever you live, you can call me what you like. You will obviously do as you wish and I doubt if anyone on this Board would or could persuade you otherwise. But for you to suggest that those who do not use PrEP are dinosaurs is both stupid and more than somewhat ridiculous.

• Members
26 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

Wherever you live, you can call me what you like. You will obviously do as you wish and I doubt if anyone on this Board would or could persuade you otherwise. But for you to suggest that those who do not use PrEP are dinosaurs is both stupid and more than somewhat ridiculous.

That is not what I suggest, and it is clear I did read that you are talking about Bangkok. Read what I wrote more carefully. 

I find this topic very disturbing, All have to practice safe sex with strangers that you don't know or trust the ones who don't want to and willing to take the risk are doing it on their responsibility and should not be proud of  it or recommending this practice on this forum. I  think the moderator of this forum should close the discussion on this thread .

• Members
17 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

I find this topic very disturbing, All have to practice safe sex with strangers that you don't know or trust the ones who don't want to and willing to take the risk are doing it on their responsibility and should not be proud of  it or recommending this practice on this forum. I  think the moderator of this forum should close the discussion on this thread .

There is not such thing as safe sex. Are you suggesting we all go abstinent? And you think I am proud? And you ask the moderators to close a thread because you disagree with the direction it is taking?

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

That is not what I suggest, and it is clear I did read that you are talking about Bangkok. Read what I wrote more carefully. 

I certainly read your posts prior to responding to them. If your discussion had been about Bangkok then, yes, I would call you irresponsible and stupid. But you claim in your original post that most of your promiscuous activities took/take place with sex workers in the USA and that you are probably based in the USA where sex workers will be vastly more aware of the risks of unprotected sex than is the case in Thailand and neighbouring countries. That being the case, I ask you again: why post this in the Gay Thailand forum when it should have been in The Beer Bar, unless you are intent on stirring up confusion and causing trouble?

Then again, since you consider most members of this Board dinosaurs, why show your age by being one yourself by contributing? Best you find another Board where your preferences are more acceptable to the membership. This Board is doing just fine without trouble makers.

2 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I certainly read your posts prior to responding to them. If your discussion had been about Bangkok then, yes, I would call you irresponsible and stupid. But you claim in your original post that most of your promiscuous activities took/take place with sex workers in the USA and that you are probably based in the USA where sex workers will be vastly more aware of the risks of unprotected sex than is the case in Thailand and neighbouring countries. That being the case, I ask you again: why post this in the Gay Thailand forum when it should have been in The Beer Bar, unless you are intent on stirring up confusion and causing trouble?

Then again, since you consider most members of this Board dinosaurs, why show your age by being one yourself by contributing? Best you find another Board where your preferences are more acceptable to the membership. This Board is doing just fine without trouble makers.

+1