Nikom

Jomtien

One of the pleasures of Jomtien is that it is so easy and enjoyable to walk down the main soi and decide for yourself

I walk down the main soi in Jomtien Complex and can never decide which bar to sit it. And when I do make a choice it seems to be the wrong choice. So many bars and so many guys and when I do sit, I am ignored. :lol:

I walk down the main soi in Jomtien Complex and can never decide which bar to sit it. And when I do make a choice it seems to be the wrong choice. So many bars and so many guys and when I do sit, I am ignored. :lol:

I feel exactly 100% the same as you. Most times when I visit Jomtien complex I just walk through it without seeing any boy I fancy enough to make decision to sit down in the bar and buy him and myself a drink. And it is difficult to sit down and have a drink alone with the intention to observe the boys in the bar first. If you haven't bought a boy a drink immidietly when arriving, my experience is same as yours, the boys will ignore you sitting facing the soi so they have their backs to you and looking their phones or chatting among themselves, or running around in the soi out of reach for you. I prefer Sunee plaza or Boyztown.

---"Most times when I visit Jomtien complex I just walk through it without seeing any boy I fancy enough to make decision to sit down in the bar and buy him and myself a drink. And it is difficult to sit down and have a drink alone with the intention to observe the boys in the bar first. If you haven't bought a boy a drink immidietly when arriving, my experience is same as yours, the boys will ignore you sitting facing the soi so they have their backs to you and looking their phones or chatting among themselves, or running around in the soi out of reach for you. I prefer Sunee plaza or Boyztown."---

This is exactly what happens.  A real problem in Jomtien that does not exist in Boyztown!

I feel exactly 100% the same as you. Most times when I visit Jomtien complex I just walk through it without seeing any boy I fancy enough to make decision to sit down in the bar and buy him and myself a drink. And it is difficult to sit down and have a drink alone with the intention to observe the boys in the bar first. If you haven't bought a boy a drink immidietly when arriving, my experience is same as yours, the boys will ignore you sitting facing the soi so they have their backs to you and looking their phones or chatting among themselves, or running around in the soi out of reach for you. I prefer Sunee plaza or Boyztown.

So, are you saying that if you go into a bar and buy a boy a drink the others still ignore you? Or is there some jocking for position to catch your eye?

With some of the boys, once you buy one a drink they will be in earnest to try to clinch a deal while the evening has only just begun. Sometimes I feel like just having my late afternoon tea and cakes, but they will spoil the mood by ordering a beer or some carbonated drinks when you offer them a drink. And yet they partake heartily to the sweets I bring along with me.

If you haven't bought a boy a drink immediately when arriving, my experience is same as yours, the boys will ignore you sitting facing the soi so they have their backs to you and looking their phones or chatting among themselves, 

isn't it logic and self-explanatory? You don't buy them drink , they read it as ' leave me alone" which is exactly my intention in such a case. So we are left alone and they look for other opportunities, hardly reason to blame them in my books

With some of the boys, once you buy one a drink they will be in earnest to try to clinch a deal while the evening has only just begun. 

they would be stupid not to try and if I'm not in offing mood usually at one point I tell them that so they can release themselves from my company if they feel like trying other opportunities.

Perhaps, each of the three major Pattaya male enticements areas has its own rituals...Boyztown has the boys onstage facing the customer, Sunnee the boys are more often in the audience, Jomtien boys are anxious to pull in customers and have a drink with them - if that doesn’t happen they go back to their perimeter perch which puts their backs to the customer. I tend to begin at @Home bar and buy a Cambodian lad a drink and get him to introduce me to his “friends”. Three offs in the last three visits...two of which have been threesomes.

With some of the boys, once you buy one a drink they will be in earnest to try to clinch a deal while the evening has only just begun. Sometimes I feel like just having my late afternoon tea and cakes, but they will spoil the mood by ordering a beer or some carbonated drinks when you offer them a drink. And yet they partake heartily to the sweets I bring along with me.

Witty, January will be my first sojourn in Jomtien. However, I doubt that it would surprise me that young men aren't into afternoon tea. If they're sitting eating cake with you why do you care if they order a soda or a beer?

How do I know? Not just me but anyone I am with. Of course, if you see someone that catches your fancy you can call him over for a drink, etc. Unlike the lads in Sunee where they come to you.  ;)

Honestly, I think I would prefer to call them over. In my experience, the one who comes to you is never as good as the one you have to fish for.

Honestly, I think I would prefer to call them over. In my experience, the one who comes to you is never as good as the one you have to fish for.

Same here.   

In my view, the gogo bars have 2 clear advantages:

(i) The boys wear less

(ii) We are lined up facing each other.    I get to see all the boys on the stage & slowly decide who gets invited to sit with me.

Host bars are more messy & less organized.

Of course, if you walk up and down the drag in Jomtien & then select a bar AND a boy at the same time, then some of the problems are alleviated.

In some of the Sunnee bars, I can arrive & find 6 lads sat with 2 customers & none of the other boys interest me.    The 6 lads might get 100 baht each from their customers, but it would be rude of me to try & peel one of them off.  

It just tells me there is something for everyone. You like the gogo scene, pattaya has it. You like the host bar scene? Pattaya has it. You like to have fun behind the screens? Pattaya has it. You like to have fun in the Sauna? Pattaya... you like to hook up with the apps? Again, Pattaya. Want a massage on the beach sand? You guessed it. Want a massage in a shop. Yep.

What do you want? Let Pattaya help you with that...

Couldn't agree more and everything much cheaper than BKK ☺

"You like the host bar scene? Pattaya has it."

Yes, Pattaya has it, but not in Jomtien.  Check out the host bars in other sections.  including boyztown.  You take a seat and order a drink.  When a boy approaches you say, 'maybe later'.  In Jomtien you never see the boys again.  They relax in front with their back to you.  In boyztown and other places the boys are still moving around, sighting who you are checking out, smiling at you, and are available by only a nod of your head.

It seems that the bar owners in Jomtien need a new business plan!!!!                         

OK. But, understand that I write this as someone who has been to Pattaya around 7 times I have never made it over to Jomtien. I'm booked there in January. My idea of a host bar gleaned over many years, is a group of handsome, fully clothed young men who (1) sit in a group across from the clients and only come over when asked. or (2) again fulled dressed but mingle. Books used to talk about the bars where the guys approach and those where they don't. (eg. 1= Charmming or 2= Aladin )

I'm not familiar with a true host bar in Pattaya. My understanding might be rather old-fashioned. Could you give examples?

You see although I've not been to Jomtien my understanding is that the bars are open sided. The boys do not approach as they are trying to lure in clients. But, I assume you can see them and invite them over. This, to me, is a host bar. The archetypical ones in Bangkok were closed with a doorman so no need for the boys to face outward. Does this make sense?

During my last trip to Pattaya I stayed in the Jomtien Complex and used the host bars there rather a lot. The evening activities seemed to be divided into three phases. Firstly from about 5 pm till say 9.30 pm it’s all about attracting customers, arriving from dinner, into the bars and that is what the boys do, whilst having fun in the Soi. Expats tend to sit together and are well known to the boys. Those on holiday, like myself, are left alone unless they specifically ask a boy to sit with them. This can be a mistake as the boy will claim you and it is difficult to engage another due to the compact nature of the bar area. Leave interaction till later. After say 10.30 some of the customers depart and the boys make moves towards the remainder, looking for drinks and offs. You see more intimate conduct, such as kissing and cuddling. After about 12 the bars are definitely quieter with many boys having departed with customers, but there will still be a few that would attract you until as late as 3 am, when I would certainly be in bed with my boyfriend du jour.