bucknaway

Ice / Yabba Question

I recently talked to a long-time friend who has now started using Ice.  He says he only uses it for extended sex play.  I didn't get into a conversation about it because I don't want friends using drugs to think that I am interested in drugs but I do have questions.  Keep in mind that I have never used Poppers, Weed or any drugs beyond Marlboro Cigarettes and some alcoholic beverages.

Can anyone tell me what the attraction is to Yabba?  Does it get you high similar to that of being drunk?  That is the only high I can relate to because in the past I have gotten drunk.

if he is your friend try to talk him out of it before it will become too late and friendship will be over among other things

Yes, try & talk him out of it.     If that fails, the next step is to avoid him.  

After all, you have tried to talk him out of it and after that attempt at a good deed, you have no further obligation to burden yourself with the problem.    Particularly if he's not a very close friend.

I recently talked to a long-time friend who has now started using Ice. He says he only uses it for extended sex play. I didn't get into a conversation about it because I don't want friends using drugs to think that I am interested in drugs but I do have questions. Keep in mind that I have never used Poppers, Weed or any drugs beyond Marlboro Cigarettes and some alcoholic beverages.

Can anyone tell me what the attraction is to Yabba? Does it get you high similar to that of being drunk? That is the only high I can relate to because in the past I have gotten drunk.

Similar to ice, extra energy can go days without sleep, and can make you aggressive at times or mellow depending on the person,also sex apparently is better

,you dont have to agree with them,but it doesn’t mean you have to turn your back on them either,no one is perfect.

If you like the person and want to remain friends then let them know you dont agree with itheir choices and do not want them doing that around you,but its their choice whether they wish to do it privately.

its their life and what they want,if it makes them happy or cope with life ,as long as they dont involve you or affecting your life then i dont see a problem.

Some people drink alcohol,some gamble , some smoke,some turn to religion, as long as they are adult and not hurting someone then who are we to say stop doing it ?

I dont agree with trying to talk someone out of it,they will turn against you,

When someone is ready to change they will, whether that be stop drinking, losing weight etc, the time is when they are ready,not for us to say you better stop doing that because i dont like it.

and who is to judge if its right or wrong, they enjoy what they do , so as i said as long as it doesnt involve you its not your call how your friend likes to relax ,but make it clear you personally dont agree with it and dont want it around you,theres no reason not to remain friends,

Im sure you have friends who use drugs that you have no idea they do ,whether that be anti depressants or others.

Ironically i had a tell me they smoked marijuana last week and i judged that person until he said something like , “ he without Sin can cast the first stone only “

And he’s right,who am i to tell someone to stop doing something i dont agree with ,if he is not hurting anyone else then up to them.

No one has to agree with everyones lifestyle, and we dont have to involve their lifestyle in our life but does it mean we should turn our back on that person,especially if they are long term friends

The simple thing is to make it clear to that person you dont agree with their lifestyle and you dont wish to be involved in that however its their choice and if they wish you can still remain friends and if they ever need you your there when they want support to stop.

True friends don't walk away

ICE is becoming very popular in the Philippines.

Several hot guys on PlanetRomeo state they are looking for hook-ups with ICE.

I asked you guy why he want to use Shabu and he only said it gave him GREAT SEX!!

OK OK

I told him here in New Mexico, USA it got people hooked and they did BAD THINGS!!

Tell you Friend ICE is not worth it over time!!

And he’s right,who am i to tell someone to stop doing something i dont agree with ,if he is not hurting anyone else then up to them.

No one has to agree with everyones lifestyle, and we dont have to involve their lifestyle in our life but does it mean we should turn our back on that person,especially if they are long term friends

The simple thing is to make it clear to that person you dont agree with their lifestyle and you dont wish to be involved in that however its their choice and if they wish you can still remain friends and if they ever need you your there when they want support to stop.

True friends don't walk away

Yep, that makes perfect sense to me.

If either of my two "friends" in Thailand got involved with drugs, I'd be devastated.

But both don't even like alcohol and are now past the age when young guys make stupid decisions.

I've known them for so long that no matter what they do, I'll always support them.

Are Ice and poppers illegal in Thailand?

I know other drugs that makes someone high area.

Pretty sure Ice is illegal the world over, it's a terrible drug and from all accounts highly addictive and very harsh on the body

Apparently the feeling is similar to that of a high energy drink such as redbull but magnified more. It was my intention yaba was firstly man made to keep the long distance lorry drivers awake so yes it keeps you awake similar to caffeine.  Goodluck with your friend

Frankly, I've been concerned about this topic since the start. I don't think it's an area we should play in.

Agreed

I disagree, can those that think that the topic should be closed please elucidate on their back seat moderation decision?

I agree with the informational part of your post. But, there are nice ways to offer an opinion.  Those of us worried about the topic was concerned that a board dedicated to travel to gay Thailand might be associated with a discussion of drug use. That was our worry, not a desire to bury our heads in the sand.

For those that use the gay hook-up apps, keep an eye out for the tell-tale signs that a guy is looking for High Fun and keep well clear

e.g.

-HF, CF or Chems written in their name or profile - means they want High Fun or Chemical Fun, same with "chem friendly", avoid!

-PNP Means Party & Play and is same as Chemical Fun

-Emojis of Snowflakes or Snowmen - means they are either selling or have Cocaine or Ice and want High fun, avoid!

-Emojis of Clouds or airplanes - usually means they are already high/flying high and are looking for someone to come and prolong the session, avoid!

-Emojis of Syringes - usually means that they want to slam (inject directly into the vein) these are the worst kind, so should be absolutely avoided

Scooby, you might want to consider this for the knowledge base. I plan on trying the apps next trip and I would never have known this. I'm adding it to my own google keep.

I agree this thread should be kept factual for information sharing, and we can try to keep it going the way of the PrEP discussion.

The app abbreviations are new to me. I have never wanted, or been in any way tempted, to explore recreational drug use.

However - sad but true - I have been offered drugs for sale by gogo boys. Some of them think this is a good way to supplement their income. So my post is to warn other members NEVER to buy drugs off gogo boys - their sources are unsafe to say the least. For those of you who think all your boys are cute innocent little angels, think again. Quite often the more gullible ones are being manipulated by a drug cartel who tempt them with cash and you want to stay clear!

What a fantastic informative thread and thankyou to Buck for bringing social issues like this out in the open.

I applaud you for talking about and what is happening in the “ real world out there.

Unfortunately some people in our a Society like to think its not there and should close our eyes to such Issues as Drug taking in the Gay community , depression,Gay Men’s suicide, Prep, Same Sex domestic violence , safe sex , HIV,Drug fuelled dance parties, Discrimination, gay vilification, etc ....oh shouts the do gooders ,we musnt talk about this !!!

Being Jewish I changed to a Reform Synagogue where they accept gay people unlike the one I grew up with who liked to close their eyes to such issues and we do way more for the local Community than the others who say you shouldnt do this , Or that, or even talk about it , and this is what went on in these Christian organisations for years where people were told not to see or talk about it , and the great thing its all coming out now , unfortunately too late for a lot of victims.

I better stop now I may offend someone talking about modern Gay issues !!!

We cant have that now can we , talking about such disgusting topics !!

Im old myself and was raised by traditional parents who were strictly against Homosexuality but I can change with the times and accept people the way they wish to lead their life ,doesnt mean I agree with it ( drug taking) but I accept such social issues are part of life and pretending their not there wont make them go away.

Some people in here would even be against talking about Gay people if they wernt gay themselves , unless they hide that fact in the real world I guess , and i bet they do ,thats why they have hang ups about talking about issues that Buck brought up ,simply because they’re not happy inside themselves for being Gay, must be torture in their minds pretending not to be gay in that real world .

Its only 2018 after all, thankyou again Bucky

No i dont drink alcohol , nor take drugs,nor eat pork, but i still not that much of a hypocrite that i judge people that do.

And I have my own beliefs and values in life but that doesnt mean everyone should conform to my expectations.