spoon

Trip report Christmas in Bangkok and New Year in Pattaya

Only yesterday evening, I was walking past The Prime and noticed a number of customers who appeared to be doing nothing other than waiting.    

A few years back, I remember there were usually boys sat outside the same place, although perhaps a walk past at 3:00 pm is needed to see what a quiet period looks like.

6 hours ago, spoon said:

i had to queue again to change coin to buy bts ticket back to silom and asked for more coins for future use. Another 10-15 min wasted. I started to feel the peak season is really a bad time to come here. 

Why don’t you buy rabbit card?

Installing coin only ticket machines is one of the most idiotic things they did but I heard they are changing to notes friendly ticket machine now.

12 hours ago, paborn said:

Honestly Spoon, I have no idea how you manage this detail. I'm in awe.

There are things that i actually skipped in my report that i dont think i wanted to share or i dont think people want to know. I also chatted with some forum friends sharing some of my encounters when i wss there especially if it is from their recommendation, so i checked back our previous conversation to remind me of that specific encounters. I have to admit that i have really bad memories of boys numbers, especially if i ddint  off him. And as you noticed, i didnt spelt out my intimate encounter. I have no issues to share but its one of the thing i am not sure it will be in good taste to share it here. 

11 hours ago, ggobkk said:

I had to wait at Prime for a Thai massage in November. Having to wait may be a function of time of day as my visit was around 5pm. 

11 hours ago, z909 said:

Only yesterday evening, I was walking past The Prime and noticed a number of customers who appeared to be doing nothing other than waiting.    

A few years back, I remember there were usually boys sat outside the same place, although perhaps a walk past at 3:00 pm is needed to see what a quiet period looks like.

10 hours ago, paborn said:

I read in another post that 5PM is rush hour for local Thai out of work and stopping before going home.

Yes, agreed with all the above. This trip, i only went to my favorite massage place twice. I actually made an effort to try one more time but it didnt materialized, and will be reported soon. The first time i went this trip, more than 10 customers come to the counter few minutes after i made my booking, most of them made booking for later or for tomorrow. The limiting factor is the availability of the room for oil massage where it needs a massage table and closely located near a shower or ensuite shower, and not the availability of masseurs. For thai massage or foot, the wait is usually not as bad. It is also my first time being denied choosing my masseur from the ipad. Not a big deal when i have other plan but when i choose my masseur, i always look at the masseur hand/arms in the picture to see if they can deliver strong massage. 

6 hours ago, Jasper said:

Why don’t you buy rabbit card?

Installing coin only ticket machines is one of the most idiotic things they did but I heard they are changing to notes friendly ticket machine now.

Yup, i shouldve buy that card. Ive bought cards when i travel to hong kong, seoul, japan before as well. Will definitely get one on my next visit. Though for rabbit card equivalent in other countries, including malaysia, we only need to use one card for all transportation, and can even use for grocery etc, but it seems like in bangkok, you'd need one for bts, and another for mrt and art. Not efficient for short term tourist like me.

I too , unless plan to travel a lot during day use just coins. I always exchange big notes like 1000 at BTS  so they give me 100 baht in coins and I still have a lot of red notes for  evening's bar hopping.

I start seeing disadvantages of high season based of what you say.

Share what you want and hide what you don't want to share  for that or this reason, don't worry about taste but take care about maintaining of degree of privacy , boy's and yours

I was going to suggest to buy a Rabbit card too. If you stay longer than a day or two I believe it is worth it for the convenience gained ESPECIALLY during high season and and peak times in any season. 

It is true, when it comes to ticketing, for public transport Bangkok is hopelessly inefficient. There was supposed to be a combined card for BTS and MRT (and supposedly even buses) called "Spider Card" but that has been announced for several years now, and kept being delayed. Very Thai indeed LOL. Heard some limited numbers were rolled out last year (maybe a test run), but then never heard anything again lol. 

On Tue Jan 08 2019 at 7:25 PM, anddy said:

I was going to suggest to buy a Rabbit card too. If you stay longer than a day or two I believe it is worth it for the convenience gained ESPECIALLY during high season and and peak times in any season. 

It is true, when it comes to ticketing, for public transport Bangkok is hopelessly inefficient. There was supposed to be a combined card for BTS and MRT (and supposedly even buses) called "Spider Card" but that has been announced for several years now, and kept being delayed. Very Thai indeed LOL. Heard some limited numbers were rolled out last year (maybe a test run), but then never heard anything again lol. 

Now that spider card is something id definitely buy lol.

On Tue Jan 08 2019 at 12:52 PM, vinapu said:

I too , unless plan to travel a lot during day use just coins. I always exchange big notes like 1000 at BTS  so they give me 100 baht in coins and I still have a lot of red notes for  evening's bar hopping.

I start seeing disadvantages of high season based of what you say.

Share what you want and hide what you don't want to share  for that or this reason, don't worry about taste but take care about maintaining of degree of privacy , boy's and yours

Yes, privacy is a concern for me as well. High season fortunately doesnt mean not many boys for choices, but popular ones might be off early, then come back. Most boys wants to stay in bar and definitely ubderstandable as it is a trend now that some customers really throw away money at bars like giving candy on halloween. Like mentioned before in a different thread, some bars imposed penalty if boys didnt come to work on certain day (new years eve fro example) 

think they only distributed a limited number of the "Spider" cards.  Don't know if any are still available even if you wanted one. I also think the Airport Rail Link and bus implementation has been delayed.  

For longer-term residents I've found linking my Rabbit Card with Line Pay has been great.  Never have to wait in line at the BTS again - just top-off the Rabbit Card using Line Pay. (Getting the money into Line Pay is an easy no-fee transfer for those with local bank accounts, and I am pretty sure it can be done by credit/debit card for those who don't). When you link Line Pay and Rabbit you also get three free BTS rides.  (!). 

Forgot to mention KL also went to this place at the same time we went to onsen, and when we were there, he has just finished his session, so waited for me to just say hi. He tooked a different guy, and had great massage and hj too lol. BN also took the same guy KL took, and also reported the same thing. He is glad that the massage went well, a savior from his bad first off experience. Anddy on the other hand, got the guy who manned the counter, which is a bit fem, but in the massage, was very careful not to touch his private and massage wasnt strong enough for him, and no extra offered. KL said he knows the owner, had massage session with him before and the owner can massage for 3 hour straight. 

18 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

enjoying reading your trip report a lot and glad to get a report on S'Sense.  I tried to book a massage there awhile ago -  a day or possibly two days ahead of time -- and the owner said that you can't book ahead, only on the day of.  !!!  So bye bye S'Sense.   Good you guys went.

You are one of those i regret not contacting directly before my trip, pretty sure we would have a great time discussing our love of massages and i can learn a lot more about bangkok massage scene from you. Only after reading ggobkk reports that i were reminded that you are in bangkok as well. I do realized you havent had any review on ssense yet. The place is quite nice, massage tabld with holes like what i always prefer, ensuite bath, and they use high quality oil, thann oil. 

Over in KL we also have a gay centers that dont take advance booking, only on the day. I guess they do that to make the counter guy work simpler, as they double as masseur too, not a single dedicated counter guy. Nothing worse than having customer bookings messed up and had to cancel or move appointment. If that happens to me, they will lose my business with them for sure. Also, itll give the masseur more flexible to take off, which wont be possible if u book 2-3 days ahead. Not a big deal if they are not super busy like prime i guess, as we called less than one hour and they can accomodate 3 of us.

6 hours ago, spoon said:

Mamasan asked if he wants a drink and he says no. Well, this is a first for me. Boy who dont push on drink, nor an off, just want to sit next to me. Next thing i know, we both were touching each other, and he planted few kisses as well lol That deserve a tip in my opinion so i gave him 100 baht. He stills stay seated with me through out the show and carry our drinks to back seats during the splash zone fiasco. Before he has to go back to boys rotation on stage, i give him another tips..........

. Not long after he leaves me and go on stage, customer next to us, two asian or maybe chinese guy called him down and off him. KL told me these guys have been eyeing my guy for a while already. I didnt even noticed but i am glad that he gets an off, and sitting with me that long didnt take away his chance for an off. In fact i think it mightve help him landing that off. 

that guy seems to be a gem and a keeper

quite possible you helped him, when they saw him sitting with you and than being released to a stage it was smart moment to try to call him down and it worked for that client and a boy.

Common mistake and disservice to guys client makes is to keeping them  sitting with too long without informing that no off on the table tonight. I meantime other are watching from behind and salivating when beauty will be released or taken off . If boy is tipped properly , no harm done  but few times I heard complains that guy was tied and tip was meager . 

In one case it was me,  that salivating customer. Guy was sitting and drinking with the lady, I assumed she  will take him and went to look for luck somewhere else to learn next day from him that he was not offed and tipped just 100 Baht for his trouble -1900 loss in comparison to what I'd give him

13 hours ago, Michael said:

Love your reports and the detail.  Thank you for sharing such amazing information!

Thanks! I know i am rambling a lot too lol. I probably will do a summary at the end of my trip reports, maybe. 

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

that guy seems to be a gem and a keeper

quite possible you helped him, when they saw him sitting with you and than being released to a stage it was smart moment to try to call him down and it worked for that client and a boy.

Common mistake and disservice to guys client makes is to keeping them  sitting with too long without informing that no off on the table tonight. I meantime other are watching from behind and salivating when beauty will be released or taken off . If boy is tipped properly , no harm done  but few times I heard complains that guy was tied and tip was meager . 

In one case it was me,  that salivating customer. Guy was sitting and drinking with the lady, I assumed she  will take him and went to look for luck somewhere else to learn next day from him that he was not offed and tipped just 100 Baht for his trouble -1900 loss in comparison to what I'd give him

This is what i hope to avoid, so when he got off, i am both relief and thought that him being passionate with me might have helped him landing that off especially when KL mentioned the guy that off him has been eyeing on him for a long time haha. 

5 hours ago, fedssocr said:

sounds like you are building good karma points

Lol i guess so huh, two guys i took on this trip gets another off at the same night and i have something to do with that. My pattaya trips wasnt so bad too, only one sour incident that was not totally unexpected.