Hotel Reviews Bangkok

2 hours ago, asnstudent said:

If the rates are comparable, and if you have an option between Raya hotel and Novotel Bangkok Silom Road, I am curious which one you would choose.

Not a lot of difference...which is closer to where you think you will be spending your time?  I look for a certain level of comfort but give priority to location.

Following a members recommendation my partner and I have just spent 3 nights at Le Siam Hotel.Bangkok.

We stayed in a Classic room (which is the entry level), the room is described as 21 meters, which felt comfortably large enough for us, and looked like it was newly renovated.

The breakfast was great with the eggs and bacon being cooked to order.

Very friendly staff

I paid on Agoda 1700 baht per night including tax and service

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

BAILY XPRESS PULA

Thanks for the review.   Is this a rebranding of the D Varee Xpress Pula Silom ?     The room description sounds like it.    Or another interesting option for us to consider ?

11 hours ago, asnstudent said:

If the rates are comparable, and if you have an option between Raya hotel and Novotel Bangkok Silom Road, I am curious which one you would choose.

The Novotel Silom is a good hike (or short ride) from Patpong and Silom. I'd choose the Raya for the far more convenient location.

But I'd keep in mind that the Raya has many rooms with artificial windows. If having a real window is important to you, I'd contact the hotel a day or two before arrival and confirm your preference. Last time I stayed there I had booked a room with real widow only to be assigned to one with a blank one. I arrived about 10p.m. and desk said all the rooms with windows were occupied.

3 hours ago, z909 said:

Thanks for the review.   Is this a rebranding of the D Varee Xpress Pula Silom ?     The room description sounds like it.    Or another interesting option for us to consider ?

No I just mixed names , of course it is D Varee Xpress Pula Silom

3 hours ago, reader said:

The Novotel Silom is a good hike (or short ride) from Patpong and Silom. I'd choose the Raya for the far more convenient location.

Thank you for your suggestion. I just reserved a "suite" room at Raya. It is about $20/night more costlier than Novotel Silom, but I decided to choose it for the exact same reason you mentioned. my focus will be on Lucky Boys and other bars on the same street, and Moonlight.

1 hour ago, asnstudent said:

Thank you for your suggestion. I just reserved a "suite" room at Raya. It is about $20/night more costlier than Novotel Silom, but I decided to choose it for the exact same reason you mentioned. my focus will be on Lucky Boys and other bars on the same street, and Moonlight.

good choice as those rooms at Raya are pretty sizeable  you can dance all the way from door to the bed with your chosen one.

10 minutes ago, vinapu said:

good choice as those rooms at Raya are pretty sizeable  you can dance all the way from door to the bed with your chosen one.

Totally agree! Love the spaciousness of the grand deluxe room (45 square metres). There is a sofa area separate from the bed. I would be on my Ipad in the morning while my LT boy is asleep in bed. It also serves as perfect area to host drinking session for 2 to 3 boys.

when will you be in Bangkok, ASN? If my work schedule allows me, I might just hop over from Singapore to meet you over the weekend!

20 hours ago, vinapu said:

LESSON TO LEARN - NEVER LEAVE    KEY OR CARD  ON RECEPTION IN SMALLISH HOTELS WITH ONLY ONE PERSON ON DUTY. Imagine me, waking up to empty bed in dead of the night , not knowing what is going on with guy returning only at 6.30 or so.

At least he had a reception to hang out in. I once went out of a small hotel in Nan for a walk round the area and when I got back the receptionist had gone home and locked the front door! I had to wait outside for a couple of hours until the night security guard turned up.

Thanks. It seems a long closure for such a meagre result! Not sorry to say goodbye to those carpets but pleased that breakfasts remain the same. It is one of the very few Thai hotels- some of which are more expensive than Tarntawan- where I can get decent bread. I must confess that I miss some of the staff who left when the new management took over. 

22 hours ago, ggobkk said:

I mention the water because on my first full morning there I turned on the tap to wash up after breakfast and a dark flow poured out.   Same with the shower.  I reported this to the weekend desk manager, who has been with the hotel for many years.  He apologized and said he would alert maintenance.  Well, the problem went on for several hours.  BUT the staff was constantly checking and running the water until it cleared.  I learned that the new water system has several tanks and the one supplying water to my room - which was at the far end of the hallway from the elevator had developed a problem.  So negative on the water system and positive on the staff response.

Not sure how old the Tarntawan is but hotels and apartments built before around 1995 are likely to have metal pipes throughout the building. A new water tank seems likely the cause on this occasion. But in the heat and humidity of Thailand if the general piping has not been changed to the heavy duty plastic variety increasingly water will have a slightly brownish tinge.