TotallyOz

Rate for 10 Day Trip

It's really hard to give you advice because the boy is popular and he might demand long term fee that will compensate his loss of being absent 10 working days from his bar you must discuss this issue in advance directly with him to avoid misunderstanding and unrealistic expectations from the boy.

In my last trip on February I took freelance Vietnamese boy to 8 nights trip for 3000 Bht a day but I didn't negotiate with him it was a 'take it or leave it' offer which he accepted.

Not quite comparable you might argue, but I had a Pattaya agogo lad stay with me for two weeks last trip as my long-time and paid him 2k baht a day plus his off-fee of 600 baht a night.

We went out,  partied, shopped occasionally, various trips and went out bar-hopping each night together, and he was content, indeed happy, with his remuneration.

In fairness, although he works bar, he is heavily sponsored and was not short of cash.

But with you providing quality resort hotel, well fed and entertained for 10 days in the current financial/tourist climate, he might well have snatched your hand off for 1k baht day.

In general before the apademic long term vacation rate for boys at BKK was around 3k and at Pattaya 2k not include bar fee if you are taking him from a bar ,in the current situation I assume boys will more flexible and will agree to go for less ,as Vinapu advised you can try get a discount for the bar fee for such a long period with the boy from my experience I doubt they will reduce the daily fee but you can try . I also agree with Vinapu try not to eat at high end restaurants and spending lavish amounts in shopping and other things (unless you buy him too) on yourself it may look bad in the boy point of view that you are spending much more money on this things compare to what you are paying him and he might be offended.

Vinapu  provides sound advice. I've talked with guys who have been taken on trips like this by falangs and while they can be much enjoyed, free-time is important to them.  It may be good for you, too!

I don't know where you are going but it's possible your friend may have people whom he knows nearby. It would be a real treat for him to meet up. 

I have to laugh just a little bit at Michaels Post. Having know him for close to 20 years and having traveled with him to a few countries , I can say none of the replies to his questions have even come close to what he has already thought as a minimum. Not only that the boy is likely to never be treated any better and feel less like a money boy than when he makes this trip with Michael.

Also if the boy is smart and treats Michael less as a client but as a friend he likely will get considerably more than the amount agreed upon. 

Hopefully Michael has found the Boy he deserves for this trip!!!!!

3 hours ago, firecat69 said:

Hopefully Michael has found the Boy he deserves for this trip!!!!!

I hope so. I have certainly tried everything on earth to find one that I was interested in inviting. This last weekend I did a staycation at a hotel nearer the gay area and gave several a test run. OK. Well, more than several. And, this lad is the only one that cranked my tractor enough for an immediate repeat.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I hope so. I have certainly tried everything on earth to find one that I was interested in inviting. This last weekend I did a staycation at a hotel nearer the gay area and gave several a test run. OK. Well, more than several. And, this lad is the only one that cranked my tractor enough for an immediate repeat.

I feel a laptop or motorbike purchase coming up :o

2 hours ago, Michael said:

The boy is Thai ? How old is he ? Did you try to be with him more than short time before ?