williewillie

Street Party in Boyztown Pattaya ..

There are two sexy show boy bars left in Pattaya.

Boyzboyzboyz and Xboys are the place for what you seek.  Everything variable depending on if there

are customers.  You can see boys in varying states of undress and rigidity at Nice Boys (not a show bar).  

Just takes tips!
Friday and Saturday nights are most dependable.

Can I ask what type of tourists you see now? I guess almost none and the farang you see now are nearly all expats? Not many regular tourists I guess who want to do the two week quarantine?

So doesnt it then look pretty empty? In Jomtien are the bars fulll at night? If so with whom? Expats only? Or is my assumption that not many are choosing the two week quarantine option wrong?

On the weekends, the tourists are Thai people. The farang are a combination of expats and others who are on visas that have been extended, over and over.

Jomtien bars are not full at night, actually quite empty. Most of the customers are expats and others who are also on extended visas.  Your assumption is correct, few are choosing the two week quarantine other than husbands/wives with a Thai spouse.

3 hours ago, kokopelli said:

On the weekends, the tourists are Thai people. The farang are a combination of expats and others who are on visas that have been extended, over and over.

Jomtien bars are not full at night, actually quite empty. Most of the customers are expats and others who are also on extended visas.  Your assumption is correct, few are choosing the two week quarantine other than husbands/wives with a Thai spouse.

Look out for a slight increase in tourist arrivals before the end of the year, although nowhere near like a normal December.

The reduction in gay tourists visiting Pattaya has been discussed within several threads by members. There is no doubt that it has happened with numbers of older gays dwindling and not being replaced by younger. This is in contrast with the vast increase in family holiday makers and str sex tourists. I first visited in year 2000 and for me the attraction of the low priced facilities , the climate, the gay nightlife and especially of Asian boys has never faded. We have had to live with incursions. into OUR bars by Chinese ladies and onto OUR beach by females.  I still do not understand why it has happened 

Places like Toy Boys have always (at least in recent years) marketed themselves as 'boy bars' rather than just gay bars and female customers were always more than welcomed. Not that all the boys were quite so enthusiastic about that. I recall that one night, on a recent holiday, one of my regulars, a very handsome gay boy, broke off from his group of ladies that he was partying with in Toy Boys to come and have a quick word for a couple of minutes. I asked him if he was having a good time and he wrinkled his nose with a pained expression as he complained 'tonight I have to fuck lady' haha

3 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

We have had to live with incursions. into OUR bars by Chinese ladies and onto OUR beach by females.  I still do not understand why it has happened 

"nature abhors a vacuum", is a postulate attributed to Aristotle.  Even prior to  Covid, many farang had stopped going to go-go bars and were replaced by Chinese ladies.  There still are some go-go bars which still cater to gays but for how much longer they can exist is the question.

Vessey is correct ; some of the go go dancers are extremely embarrassed by the appearance of women in the bars.

My anecdotes are (appropriately for me) ancient but I recall an Amazon- six-foot, quite pretty, blonde, appearing in Dreamboys (the Pattaya one) and jumping on the podium to join in the dancing. Immediately the cohort of dancers split into two; the gay ones shrivelled into a corner while the the straight ones clustered around her and were duly rewarded. And not financially.

It happened also at Funny Boys when a younger and less pretty girl arrived and began snogging one of the dancers. Then they exchanged intimate physical attention. On this occasion, it transpired that only one of the dancers was gay because he rushed off while the rest clustered around her.

I should add that I left,  too quickly  to finish my drink. I was annoyed that I, a punter, had been side-lined by a female intruder. Had she sat and watched I'd have tolerated her  but, like the Amazon, she just had to be the centre of attention.

14 minutes ago, bucknaway said:

I wonder how straight people feel when us gays visit their bars and shops.

If we go to straight strip club for women and all the gogo dancer rushed to the gays? Yeah i bet they will feel the same way.

Having said that, i dont mind what gender comes to the bar. I do mind if the man i wanted suddenly grabbed by someone else, regardless of gender lol

21 minutes ago, spoon said:

.... I do mind if the man i wanted suddenly grabbed by someone else, regardless of gender lol

next time make your mind faster.

Such occurrence probably happened to most of us at some point. Even more painful is when guy agrees to go with us  and then somebody shows up and HE changes his mind. Rare,  but happened to me , reported here. 

28 minutes ago, bucknaway said:

I wonder how straight people feel when us gays visit their bars and shops.

Likely the same we feel , some are annoyed , some amused and some don't care.

Ever since black lady in audience complemented my choice of Arena boy sitting with me in one of soi Twilight bars I don't mind presence ladies or straights in bars as long as they behave  and usually they do.

I recall only one instance I was annoyed by two Italian or at least Italians speaking girls conversing very loudly in first row in Classic bar.

4 hours ago, spoon said:

If we go to straight strip club for women and all the gogo dancer rushed to the gays? Yeah i bet they will feel the same way.

Having said that, i dont mind what gender comes to the bar. I do mind if the man i wanted suddenly grabbed by someone else, regardless of gender lol

Doubt that would happen, but if the gay men get hugged up with the male staff... Bthat could happen.  

This is just a chat for shots and giggles.  A bar will do what it has to to stay profitable.

I used to be a little amused and more than a little annoyed when the Chinese tour parties passed through BT gawping at us gays sat in the open bars. Of course that did not happen in Sunee and in the Complex there was sometimes only a few harmless str MF couples visiting to see the action and us gays with our Asian boyfriends.

3 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

I used to be a little amused and more than a little annoyed when the Chinese tour parties passed through BT gawping at us gays sat in the open bars

looking at them I always have an impression they those tourists were much much more embarrassed then us sitting in chairs

I was cured of most inhibitions on my first ever visit to Boyztown.

There was a concert with a stage up the top near the 7-eleven and chairs all down the road.  

I was staying at the Ambience, so the only way back to my room was along the raised verandah in front of the hotel.  My young guest seemed to be of more interest to the audience than the on stage entertainment.