Lonnie

Vaxed 4 Vaxed

Have done the same - returned to my go-to app this week since I am now fully vaccinated with my 2nd dose.  Still don't plan to see anybody from the app in the next few weeks but it is nice to window shop. Updated both my description with confirmation of vaccination and added a picture of the vaccination sticker they hand out after you get the jab to my profile pics. 

Transparency is a good thing, no?  ;)

4 hours ago, BiBottomBoy said:

well of course they would

I'm not getting fucked by anyone not vaccinated.

Doesnt matter if vaccinated or not, u can still spread the virus. Vaccine protect yourself but will not protect those unvaccinated, so unless most or all the people i care and around me are vaccinated, better still observe social distancing. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, spoon said:

Doesnt matter if vaccinated or not, u can still spread the virus. Vaccine protect yourself but will not protect those unvaccinated, so unless most or all the people i care and around me are vaccinated, better still observe social distancing. 

That contradicts recent information that I have read. Perhaps you can, but it is quite unlikely. Nonetheless, I don't take chances.

Here's a test one can take after vaccination to decide what is safe:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/03/30/opinion/coronavirus-vaccine-risks.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

That contradicts recent information that I have read. Perhaps you can, but it is quite unlikely. Nonetheless, I don't take chances.

Here's a test one can take after vaccination to decide what is safe:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/03/30/opinion/coronavirus-vaccine-risks.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

CDC has a nice article telling us what being fully vaccinated means and what's change and what's doesn change. They also spell out what we are still learning. Other than my point that we are still learning whether the vaccine prevent spreading of covid, we also know that certain vaccine are less effective against certain strain, and no one knows how long will the vaccine protection will last.

Like u said, dont take chances. Yes, being vaccinated does lower the chances but its not 100% protection hehe. Thats why herd immunity from vaccine is needed. Until then, better be on the safe side. I say this but sometimes we all face weaknesses and choose to take risks. As long as we are aware of the risks, and take precaution afterwards (if u hook up, stay away from visiting high risk individual 10-14 days after for example), the all is good. 

Again, getting vaccinated definitely reduce your own risk of getting covid, and highly effective at preventing severe cases of covid if u still get infected. But it doesnt stop u from getting infected, and probably wont stop you from spreading it either. Chance are lowered of course, and if two of your are vaccinated, vaxed 4 vaxed, chances are even lower, but still not zero. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

• Members

We need a term for it. I nominate: to coviddle ...  they ended up coviddling and cuddling all the night long ... in one’s app: coviddlers welcome ... they took their pre-exposure prophylaxis for barebacking but could not bear being other than pre-vaxxed and exposed for their coviddle-fest. 

Funny but too long lol. Nowadays youngster love to shorten things up, so Vax or Vaxed is likely to be trending. Im not surprised if its shorten up to just V lol

3 hours ago, Riobard said:

We need a term for it. I nominate: to coviddle ...  they ended up coviddling and cuddling all the night long ... in one’s app: coviddlers welcome ... they took their pre-exposure prophylaxis for barebacking but could not bear being other than pre-vaxxed and exposed for their coviddle-fest. 

On 4/10/2021 at 5:38 AM, fairview said:

I hope in a few months most everyone will be vaccinated. So you won't need to ask. But the supply issues with the J&J vaccine may delay that day.

Indeed - they seem to have hit a few snags in meeting delivery targets. They did under promise so that will help them with managing expectations.  Their Baltimore plant issues continue to make headlines - it's been in the news for 2 weeks now.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:11 AM, spoon said:

So why do we need the vaccine again? 

In the end its all going to be about risk, because, to obviously varying degrees, we manage risk every day in almost everything we do, every time we get in a car, or on a plane, etc.

Covid is with us now and will probably always pose some level of risk in the future,

We manage risk of STD's in all our sexual interactions with the boys; some of us might take more precautions than others, but we still do it, and it doesn't prevent our holiday fun.

We manage risk every time we try and walk across Second Road in Pattaya, for example. We accept a level of risk every time we take a taxi-bike whose driver wends his way at speed through the daily traffic jams along Beach Road. 

We are in a situation now with Covid where governments are, understandably, managing risks for us, but those restrictions will eventually ease, and then it will be up to us?