Lucky

What Limits Are On Bangkok Go-Go Shows?

• Members

Assuming COVID is in the past, I cannot remember what limits there are on shows in Bangkok's gay bars. Are erections allowed? Can the guys show butthole? Can they fondle one another? Now I do remember the outright sex shows, but I am asking about the regular shows. The fact that they allow sex shows might answer my question, but are they even legal?

Thanks for any responses to my questions.

Based on my experience, what is allowed or not is really not clear cut in bangkok. It also varies from bar to bar. There are bars that do sex shows, bars that do big cock shows, masturbation shows. But there are also bars that dont do any of that, but focused more on choreographed shows, without showing any dicks. Since a lot of bars might have closed now, i dont think a lot of the information we had previously is still valid. But moonlight and jupiter are the two bars that dont shows any dicks but have the guys that are more model/hunk type.

erections: they have the big cock shows That's as erect a show as it gets. Other show numbers also include erections

butthole: never really seen it, guess they just don't think that's something suitable to be shown on stage? There is certainly no rule that would prevent it more than erections

fondle: happens in many erotic numbers (and of course the sex shows)

legal: that's moot. Presumably it is not (public indecency or something like that). There are only two scenarios:
- it is legal, so it will happen
- it is illegal, then it will still happen (for $$$ to certain, uhm, places)

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "limit" on the shows. Except such depending on the mood of the current local police chief, and the alignment of the stars. 

The cost of the drinks is often a good indication of the raunchiness of the shows. 

The raunchier the show, the more tea money has to be paid.

The bar that was opposite Hotmale had a couple of rimming shows as a prelude to the fuck shows but for some reason they were stopped after just 2 shows.

12 minutes ago, a-447 said:

The cost of the drinks is often a good indication of the raunchiness of the shows. 

The raunchier the show, the more tea money has to be paid.

The bar that was opposite Hotmale had a couple of rimming shows as a prelude to the fuck shows but for some reason they were stopped after just 2 shows.

But the two bars i mentioned above dont show any and yet price of drink is highest hehe.

That's why I wrote "often."

When I asked the old German owner out BBB/Dream boys why drinks were so expensive, he told me it was all about tea money.

And Moonlight and Jupiter cater to a different audience - lots of Asian women - who place more emphasis on sexiness rather than just cock. 

8 hours ago, a-447 said:

And Moonlight and Jupiter cater to a different audience - lots of Asian women - who place more emphasis on sexiness rather than just cock. 

Jupiter yes but in Moonlight I never felt presence of ladies was prominent. Worst/ best depending of point of view bar frequented by noisy Asian ladies was BoyzBoyzBoyz in Boyztown , Pattaya

16 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

What’s the Tawan Bar like these days? It was bordering on tragic when I last visited 2 and half years ago. Has it improved?

like all bars closed.

Last time I was there was during my last trip , 21 month ago. Nothing tragic as I took guy from there on night 5 or 6.

As with every bar , tragic for one is gate of paradise for another. Depend of what one is looking for, no steak will be tasty for a vegetarian and every soya cutlet will be laughable for a carnivore. 

• Members
4 hours ago, vinapu said:

like all bars closed.

Last time I was there was during my last trip , 21 month ago. Nothing tragic as I took guy from there on night 5 or 6.

As with every bar , tragic for one is gate of paradise for another. Depend of what one is looking for, no steak will be tasty for a vegetarian and every soya cutlet will be laughable for a carnivore. 

I have written here before about my last visit to Bangkok and Tawan. I’m not exaggerating but the place was tragic. Fat, out of shape heavily tattooed “boys” (sic). Without exception they would have had to pay me. There was no comparison to what it once was with beautiful in shape muscle guys.

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

evening mass in the Cathedral , just beside your hotel Mandarin Oriental?

Sooooo, you were spying on me, eh . . . ?

Were you spying on me the first time I ever went to Bangkok's Saranrom Park, where in those days there were dozens of boys, none asking for more than 500 baht for short time - and plenty of local short time rooms available?  That was overwhelming too.  That is another place I have not been in quite some time, but I have a feeling those days are also long gone.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, Gaybutton said:

I can't remember the name of the bar, but I will never forget my first experience.  There were at least 30 go-go boys and both on and off stage they were completely naked.  And I mean completely.  I was absolutely overwhelmed. 

Almost surely you were in the original Twilight Bar of Soi Twilight, though it could have been in the bar's subsequent phase -- the early days of Hotmale in the same location. I remember those days fondly too.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:52 PM, Lucky said:

Can the guys show butthole?

I can't predict what the future will hold -- will the bars even return??? -- but buttholes there definitely were in the past, even the recent past. Many members on this board might remember the act where a usually-effeminate dancer would go prancing around the stage pulling a string out of her lower orifice. The string bore plastic flowers (fluorescent pink, as I remember) at quite close intervals, about 10 - 15 cm apart. Dancing or jerking to the beat of the music, she would weave her way between the gogo poles so that the string, eventually some 8 to 10 metres long, would stretch across the poles like some sort of Do-not-cross police cordon. 

I think it was the old Dreamboys on Soi Twilight that had this show quite regularly. i can't help a touch a nostalgia as I type this, even though it was no titillation for me when it was performed. Cringe might be a better description of my reaction.

That having been said, I don't suppose, from your question, you were hoping to see a reprise of something like this, were you?

7 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

That is another place I have not been in quite some time, but I have a feeling those days are also long gone.

I suspect you are right.    Of course, nudity in bars continues, just not in the form you describe.

As we all know, certain bars have the cock shows, usually with some big hunk, a cock ring and poor lighting to add some mystery.   Absolutely none of that appeals to me.

Meanwhile, there is nudity in some girly bars in Pattaya & possibly Bangkok.   Not what I'm looking for either.

Now, if all of that goes on, I presume the only reason we don't have the much more interesting format of a gogo bar with all nude lads is because no one thinks it will raise enough revenue to pay the staff and the tea money.

Apologies in advance for  yet another reminiscence of doubtful relevance....but does anyone recall Blue Star in Soi Twilight, circa 1996?  Two separate troupes, one macho , the other twinks, both of which appeared au naturel a busy periods? I particularly remember a couple of the twinks who were not proud of their parts so that they'd appear with their hands  strategically placed. A bi like in a "Carry on" film.

Those were the days.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

perhaps they will if bars re-open 

I doubt it.  Look at past history.  What do the bars almost always do when they fall upon hard times?  Do they reduce or even maintain their current prices?  No.  They raise them. 

I'm just guessing, but if and when the bars reopen, don't be surprised if that is exactly what they do.

I don't think us Aussies will be able to travel to Thailand for at least 18 months to 2 years. I've given up on the idea of a trip bring possible in the near future so sadly bar openings and alcohol prices remain irrelevant.

Travel to other destinations such as Singapore may be possible, but Thailand? Forget it!