12is12

8th and final report on Pattaya: warning against Tee

Tee has an eye-catching red shirt grndr profile. He initiated communication with two great body-face pics, and later followed with a convincing dick. He offered 1000 instead of the 1500, which is a red flag. However, b4 we met I asked B about him (and others). He had met Tee, authenticated the pics, and said I'd enjoy him.

We set a date; he didnt show up, or rspnd to my ??; and hours later surfaced with a lame excuse in lieu of an apology. Same thing happened the 2nd time; another red flag (ot two).

When finally he showed up (NO english), he didnt look like Tee's pics, but rather shorter and darker. I thought maybe that was due to his day-lighted pics, and anyway - he was vetted by B.....
However, 3 minutes into the session it was obvious he had no clue. I said "this isnt working" and told him politely to leave. He seemed neither disturbed nor surprised. I m angry at myself that I gave him 200 b. He had the temerity to ask more for taxi!

It was only later while discussing this with B, we came up with a possible explanation that maybe Tee - no longer intrstd in his prfl - had subcontrated it.

I've had my share of guys not looking at all like their purported fotos. Nvr had a such a case with fotos authenticated by a credible source.

Anyway, be forewarned against prfls containing the fotos below.

Screenshot_20221212-132830.png

Screenshot_20221212-132852.png

Screenshot_20221212-132901.png

subcontracting profile look as plausible explanation.

In Cambodia  lots of Grindr  profiles have obviuosly non-owners pictures , I found few featuring photos of  popular BL actors  and even one featuring pcs of one of Moonlight most popular models.

Some profiles have even disclaimer " profile photo not mine" . I don't treat those antics there as deceiving , rather I think boys want to be anonymous as much as they can, specially in smaller places like Siem Reap.

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Tee has an eye-catching red shirt grndr profile. He initiated communication with two great body-face pics, and later followed with a convincing dick. He offered 1000 instead of the 1500, which is a red flag.

I don't thing 1000 for short time in Pattaya is  suspicious , specially on apps 1500 is rater upper range, Bangkok is another story

There have been quite a number of posts in the last couple of years or more about boys from the apps not looking like their photos. Suggestions have been made that a 'live' chat should be requested, even if it is only for a few seconds when the guy speaks little English. Apart from one occasion, I always asked to meet first outside my apartment, usually in a coffee shop close by. That worked well apart from one time when we met at Coffee Society (near the top of Silom - but it died some years ago) and it was obvious the guy was a good dozen years older than he claimed. I paid for his coffee, we had a small chat and I left alone. It was less the fact that he was much older than he stated and much more than he did not look remotely cute!! 👎

meeting outside is good idea and we need to keep in mind that fact boy doesn't even look remotely as one in his profile in apps doesn't mean he looks bad or will perform badly. Never happened to me with my very limited apps experience but I know at least 2 of our members who landed good fun that way taking chance and agrreing to takje guy who did not look as in his profile.

It may be other way around too , Besty my Grindr masseur looked much better in flesh than in his profile picture

31 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Vinapu, this is not the case of legit use of others/famous fotos, with or without disclaimers.

It's a case of using a PROFILE and fotos of one known provider by another guy.

I got it, my comment was more related to what Peter said.

Highly unlikely that impostor used Tee 24 profile without his knowledge though

You should never forget that when you take a boy from Gindr, it is like taking an unknown boy directly from the street... some on Yaba or other drugs.

Personnaly it is a no no for me, and of course never in my own room

Taking a boy from a gogo bar or a massage shop is much better, as they are controlled by manager and you can go meet mamasan in case of any problem.

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

Thank God that we falangs never, ever lie on our profiles!

certainly some do but that is not excuse for other farangs or boys indeed to do the same.

Colouring age , height or weight is not the same lie category as using somebody else's profile although at end of day what counts is  whoever shows at our door. Lie may turn immaterial if we like whom we see 

6 hours ago, MarcSingap said:

You should never forget that when you take a boy from Gindr, it is like taking an unknown boy directly from the street... some on Yaba or other drugs.

Personnaly it is a no no for me, and of course never in my own room

Taking a boy from a gogo bar or a massage shop is much better, as they are controlled by manager and you can go meet mamasan in case of any problem.

While you are correct , at least in Thailand there seem very few of this kind of problems with apps boys reported. Indeed there are some members here who switched to apps entirely and seem to be happy with an idea.

I'm in your camp though and prefer to see whom I hire even if it cost more, I like that smile. My apps experience is very limited and never dealt with fake profile but in two cases I recall I'd not hire guy who showed at door if I saw him in flesh before hand, both too fem. But also had case of guy who turned out looking much better than his picture.

During pandemic when bars were closed apps were life saver for working boys.

I remember this moneyboy back in July , your right it wasn't him.

I had a guy turn up similar looks , but more girlish , though he was very polite .but just I didn't enjoy it 

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I had a guy turn up similar looks , but more girlish , though he was very polite .but just I didn't enjoy it 

disappointments will always happen even with boys we are familiar with and offed before, they may have bad hair day or we won't be in the mood which may spoil experience too.

But fact that boy doesn't look like in the picture it not necessary bad, what we get may be even better than what was advertised. There's hunky guy at Moonlight I offed several times both ST and LT and I would never do that based on his photos. I was lucky enough to be introduced to him by one of our members so I saw him in flesh before I saw  his pics.