Olddaddy

Sunee Plaza hotels

Last time taking boys from sunee Plaza I was forced to take 2 motor bike taxis to my jomtien hotel agate  ,of course now I can order a grab or bolt ...but 

I'm thinking of staying a few nights around that area ,Sunee , rather than travel in & out from jomtien.

So I see on the booking sites the Marina hotel is still going on sunee Plaza ,it was a old dive when I saw it how is it now?

I guess the closest decent gay hotels would be the Mosaik apartments ,is that still going ?

I think the baan dok mai ended up closing 

All the gay hotels back then were thriving , I think I once stated in one called the elephant hotel

I wonder why sunee Plaza died out ,anyway that's another story ,my topic is about decent hotels close by !

I think last time I stayed at the Mosaik was like 2015,I used to love the cafe opposite on the corner , Pakistan guy who was with his Thai family,he used to build train sets showed me his collection, couldn't get away from him,he was intrigued by Abraham Lincoln 😂

He was a nice guy just don't talk about American railway history with him 😂

Edited by Olddaddy

Marina Hotel is now an older dive! I don't know of anyone staying there other than short time.

Mosaik is still open but recently increased their prices to double what they had been. The cafe you mention is still open and Mr. Z is still there.

Elephant Hotel is dead and gone.  There are some nearby hotels that may suit you.  Boutique Bravo on Soi 16; Asana Hotel near Tukcom, S. Pattaya Rd; and some others nearby Boyztown. 

During my recent trips I’ve always checked out the boy scene at Winner and I usually find what I go looking for ie twinks. When Staying in the Complex getting there is not a problem - just take a baht bus stopping at Soi VC. For the return having offed I have taken one motor bike taxi 3 up with myself in the middle being able to use the foot rests. The journey seemed like no time at all, blasting through the night air along Thrapraya Road.  It has crossed my mind that it would not be appropriate for me to meet my end that way. 

I have stayed in Sunee but that was more than 15 years ago when the place was in its prime. I remember the Don Plaza (or elephant) which looked smart from the outside but rooms were accessed up a narrow steep stair case and very noisy. Late night The guy on reception was usually asleep or drunk and unwilling to take Id . I also stayed a couple of times at the Colonial Bar and Guest House, which was good for meeting other farang guests, who would call-up boys if you were without. During one stay I had several short times with the boy cashier, when the bar was quiet.

I don't like taking mb taxis ,but sometimes you see some hot looking ones !

Yes I wonder what made Sunee Plaza die off .but anyway no use talking about the past 

Yes I’ve got to a stage in life where I’m doing a lot more reminiscing. Discovered Sunee during my second trip to Pats in 2002. Loads of hot twinks to be found there in the bars and gogos. Took full advantage cos I was horny as hell in those days (top of course). Now i take it more easy with a variety of boys and I am 90% bottom.

Maybe the rents there are higher now in sunee or maybe the owners are not renting them out anymore ,who knows? 

Maybe new future development 

I shouldn't change the topic but does anyone know why the gay bars are not leasing out shops in sunee anymore?

8 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I used to love the cafe opposite on the corner , Pakistan guy who was with his Thai family,he used to build train sets showed me his collection, couldn't get away from him,he was intrigued by Abraham Lincoln 😂

He was a nice guy just don't talk about American railway history with him 😂

Place is called Salt and Pepper, I feasted on chicken with cashew nuts there on Tuesday previous week. Mr Zee talkative as always. 

I too have had the tour of the train models ( very interesting the first three times 🙂 )  

My biggest ( tongue in cheek ) peeve / pet hate when having my english breakfast there ( of course 🙂) was I always asked for and got two extra slices of bacon ( I liked their crispy bacon) so, the first time the two extra pits came out, but arrived on a separate plate to the rest of the food, so I of course scooped it on to my main plate and said "no problem, tomorrow all on the one plate is ok" but each and every time I ordered the same since each and every time low and behold two, two plates come out, one with thefull english breakfast and the other with the two extra slices of bacon !  lol   I actually thought it was like a running joke between myself and the waitress but no matter how many times I went through the putting it all on the one plate routine and no matter who served me, no, two plates it was and please dont fuck with our process sir !! lol

So, that's it, I told them I'd never be back and have left 16 negative trip reviews on trip advisor and Yelp on them !!!    lol   ( I'm JOKING !!!!! )   I love popping in and seeing them when there for breakfast, having a read of the 3 day old morning papers and enjoying our good old two plate one plate game ! :)

Glad to hear Mr Zee and his family have weathered the Covid storm and are still with us.

SINGLE time no matter who brought 

3 hours ago, NIrishGuy said:

one with the full english breakfast and the other with the two extra slices of bacon !

Glad to hear Mr Zee and his family have weathered the Covid storm and are still with us.

May be  they did not want to contaminate composition of original set with excess of bacon?

Place was opened in Dec 2021 as well so somehow they managed to survive perhaps owing to loyal local expat clientele

43 minutes ago, Lucky said:

So if one did take a mb taxi with a very hot driver who let you hold on tight, how long would your ride be?

Managed to get a few nice ones over the years ,back to the hotel,but not all take kindly to be groped whilst riding ,😁

I stayed at the Elephant Plaza Hotel - later called the Don Plaza - numerous times during the years Sunee was up and running. 

It was perfectly situated, just a minute or two from my favourite haunts - Krazy Dragon, Goodboys, All of Me and Eros. (Sigh)

It was very basic, but the room was large and the ladyboy cleaner did an excellent job.

I just made sure I kept well away from the pink sofa, held together as it was by years of cum!

Back in April I walked past the Marina. It didn't look very inviting at all.

With only 2 bars left, there is no incentive for anyone to open a hotel there.

1 minute ago, a-447 said:

I stayed at the Elephant Plaza Hotel - later called the Don Plaza - numerous times during the years Sunee was up and running. 

It was perfectly situated, just a minute or two from my favourite haunts - Krazy Dragon, Goodboys, All of Me and Eros. (Sigh)

It was very basic, but the room was large and the ladyboy cleaner did an excellent job.

I just made sure I kept well away from the pink sofa, held together as it was by years of cum!

Back in April I walked past the Marina. It didn't look very inviting at all.

With only 2 bars left, there is no incentive for anyone to open a hotel there.

I remember the hotel Koenig was popular back then too,wonder if that's still around.

Hollywood no 2 was my favourite go go ,bet no one remembers that one 😁

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

they need to concentrate on the road not where your hand is wandering

Blasting along Thapraya Road at 80 kph 3 up (me, driver, twink) in the late night semi darkness, the last thing on my mind was groping. I always had a lot of respect for the motor bike taxi drivers and their skills. Having said that I was always relieved when we were deposited at the entrance to the,Complex. No doubt the boy would have looked at my nervous face with amusement.

1 minute ago, Travellerdave said:

Blasting along Thapraya Road at 80 kph 3 up (me, driver, twink) 

sorry if I sound offensive but two passengers is plain stupid, even if travelling at 20, never mind 80 kph. I see it from time to time and always marvel at extend people are going in order to reduce overpopulation. Glad you guys survived to tell the tale  though 

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

sorry if I sound offensive but two passengers is plain stupid, even if travelling at 20, never mind 80 kph. I see it from time to time and always marvel at extend people are going in order to reduce overpopulation. Glad you guys survived to tell the tale  though 

From everything I know, and my bf is a mocy driver, the price for two passengers is twice the price of one. So better to take just take two bikes and be safer, assuming two are available. Or use Bolt taxi and ride in style for the same price.

12 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I remember the hotel Koenig was popular back then too,wonder if that's still around.

Hotel Koenig is still there but does not seem the same as in the past.  Never see anyone in the reception area and looks somewhat depressing.

On 6/18/2023 at 2:43 AM, kokopelli3 said:

Hotel Koenig is still there but does not seem the same as in the past.  Never see anyone in the reception area and looks somewhat depressing.

I thought the same last time I saw it.

I used to always stay at the Ban dok Mai in day night,I knew when Warwick the Kiwi guy sold out it wouldn't last long and it didn't 

On 6/17/2023 at 5:34 AM, Olddaddy said:

Wasnt it "Holiday 2"? was run by the old Butts boys crowd

5 hours ago, colmx said:

Wasnt it "Holiday 2"? was run by the old Butts boys crowd

Yes ! In the dark Soi OPP the old LeCage  ,must be what 18 years ago ?,time goes fast 

On 6/17/2023 at 5:40 PM, kokopelli3 said:

From everything I know, and my bf is a mocy driver, the price for two passengers is twice the price of one. So better to take just take two bikes and be safer, assuming two are available. Or use Bolt taxi and ride in style for the same price.

Got to agree with you kokopelli3.  Would not argue with your boyfriend about the fares Sunee-Complex 1 passenger / two passengers . I have never had an argument with a mocy driver - I just pay what they ask and sometimes tell them to keep any coin change. I thin’k the fare I've paid was usually 180 baht for 3 up - sounds very reasonable and it’s of course a tiny fraction of a night in gay Pattaya with a boy in bed to follow. I’ve never got into the habit of taking Bolt taxis - must try them during my next trip.