CallMeLee

First Trip Report: Bangkok September 2023

4 hours ago, omega said:

I would agree. It's a fantastic view of Bangkok. Defintely worth doing at least once :)

count me in. I go there every trip I'm in Bangkok, most trips even few times, specially if boys I'm with expresses interest in going there. 

Pays to be old, seniors pay 250 , at least on weekdays

On 10/9/2023 at 12:11 AM, vinapu said:

Pays to be old, seniors pay 250 , at least on weekdays

True! I got in at the seniors price but had to pay a great deal more for my partner! Drinks at Vertigo, the open air bar on top of the Banyan Tree Hotel on Sathorn, are not cheap but you get mostly the same view for considerably less than going to the top of Mahanakhon. No glass bottom though 🤣

5 hours ago, PeterRS said:

True! I got in at the seniors price but had to pay a great deal more for my partner! Drinks at Vertigo, the open air bar on top of the Banyan Tree Hotel on Sathorn, are not cheap but you get mostly the same view for considerably less than going to the top of Mahanakhon. No glass bottom though 🤣

Glass floor is the whole point , at least for me . At Vertigo that have some kind of dress code I was told, True?

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

Sorry I cannot remember despite having been there several times. Each time i was in dark jeans, a Polo shirt and sneakers. No probems. I suspect Hawaiian shirts and shorts may not be not permitted.

thank you , this is what I suspected as I vaguely recall one of our members was not admitted due to dress, not sure it was shorts or sandals

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

At Vertigo that have some kind of dress code I was told, True?

I remember they did before and it was smart casual.

Found this.

"Both Vertigo and Moon Bar have a 'Smart Casual' dress code, requiring semi-formal attire: long trousers and closed shoes for gentlemen, no torn jeans, sleeveless tops, shorts or flip-flops for ladies and gents."

56 minutes ago, CallMeLee said:

1/ He even grabbed my hand and directed it down his crotch area.

2/ I usually have better experience with MBs/bar boys/masseurs who are a bit older. Could be  maturity? Less appetite for dramatics? Old enough to know the value of money so they tend to equate level of service? or considered old and less marketable by trade standards hence compensating through better service?

1/ it's quite common trick used by Tawan boys since Romam Empire and they know it works

2/ I'm of exactly the same opinion and reason is  mix of all you listed. I'd add that a lot of them are straight or at least they think   they are and they know they need to perform better in order to stay in the field.

Too bad you did not venture to Prince as they are opened ( one of Dreamboys guys Lined  me he moved there )as so far we did not get any reports from there ( I got one by PM and my friend was very moderately impressed)

2 hours ago, DenverDude said:

Hey, so I am a Tawan virgin. 😂. Is it possible to off one of them for short time earlier in the evening before the show? Planning ahead for this Thursday evening.. 

sure, they start showing around 7.30 - 8 and if your boy is there you can take him right away. Show starts only at 10.30 or so. 

Alternatively day before  you may arrange with  him meeting  for any time during next day.

For short time you may even utilize one of their massage rooms upstairs -  but they charge you extra for that.

On 10/16/2023 at 6:46 AM, vinapu said:

sure, they start showing around 7.30 - 8 and if your boy is there you can take him right away. Show starts only at 10.30 or so. 

Well I am still a Tawan virgin.  I think I was there a bit too early (around 7PM).  I was approached by one boy in front of Tawan who wanted me to off him, but he wasn't my type.  Didn't appear to be any others there.  I ended up going to Arena and had a great time.  Will have to look forward to Tawan on a future trip.

10 hours ago, DenverDude said:

Well I am still a Tawan virgin.  I think I was there a bit too early (around 7PM).  I was approached by one boy in front of Tawan who wanted me to off him, but he wasn't my type.  Didn't appear to be any others there.  I ended up going to Arena and had a great time.  Will have to look forward to Tawan on a future trip.

advantage of being early , not only in Tawan  but in every bar,  is that you may have first pick on boy you are interested in .

But there are 2 disadvantages, first is many guy will show up for work later, depending of bar it may be as late as 9-9.30.

Second is that guy offed early may try to rush things up to cash in and return to bar  hoping for another off. Happened to me few times.

Now , having learned my lesson , if I'm early and see the guy I like but don't want to take him right away I pay off fee to secure an appointment and show up to pick him at later hour or buy him a drink and tell him I want to see the show and we will go only after the show. 

5 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

- Hotmale is another surprise. I am pleased that I gave this place a second chance after a lack lustre experience from my first visit. 

- Jupiter: as advised,  I will try to ignore the ice cold standoffish behaviour of the guys next time. I might be in for a surprise.

- Dreamboys is a mixed bag for me. While their new place is a definite improvement, both my visits didn't result to an off. Not crossing this off my list and will give it a try next time.

always  give 2nd chance. One visit proves nothin other than either good or bad luck.

The same goes with offs or massages. 

At Jupiter you call boy to seat with you and you may be surprised smile of of the sudden appears.

I always try to visit every bar at least once , even if just for a drink. One never knows. Boys are moving from bar to bar too and your last trip highlight may be now in bar you not so much fond off.

Thank you for great report and leads 

On 10/22/2023 at 8:33 PM, CallMeLee said:

- Fresh boys is always a lowlight for me but I always end up visiting at least once every trip. The lack of subtlety on the part of waiters and Mamasans when asking for tips and drinks can be  irritating. I mean asking for tips/drinks within the first minute of conversation?

Thanks for your great report.

What kind of guys are in Fresh boys? I was here once when it was in Soi Twilight, but I wasn't into them at all. Seemed not quite twinks, but also not quite jocks.