TomNg

hotel recommendation !

8 hours ago, TomNg said:

Hi,

Between Pullman Bangkok Hotel G and FuramaXcluxive Sathorn, which one is better?

Thanks

I never stay at Pullman but it seems to be more upscale that Furama Xclusive Sathorn. My vote goes for Furama though, affordable, big rooms (executive suite is in fact full appartment), bit dated but half Pullman price

6 hours ago, Lucky said:

I don't know, but I am looking for a top hotel near Sathorn, one that has delectable morning buffets. So can I join in your thread?

I liked buffet breakfasts at Crowne Plaza and Quarter Saladaeng (former Siri Sathorn). Of course it always will be question what ' delectable ' means

Thank you Vinapu for the input.

I have not stayed at these hotels before, that is why I am looking for some + and - from other members.

By the way, I got "G Deluxe Double" at Pullman and "Executive suite" at FuramaXclusive for the same price.  I need to cancel one of them soon so I need some input which one should be canceled

Feel free to speak your mind here 😅

22 hours ago, Lucky said:

I don't know, but I am looking for a top hotel near Sathorn, one that has delectable morning buffets. So can I join in your thread?

Le Meridien has huge breakfast buffet, catering to all tastes. 

2 minutes ago, scott456 said:

Why?  Is there anything there to attract gay Asian clientele?

The full name of the hotel is "Pullman Bangkok Hotel G" where G is for Gays

I assume its popular as it is the closest affordable but upscale hotel to Silom for the twenty something Taiwan or Singaporean tourist

12 hours ago, TomNg said:

Thank you Vinapu for the input.

I have not stayed at these hotels before, that is why I am looking for some + and - from other members.

By the way, I got "G Deluxe Double" at Pullman and "Executive suite" at FuramaXclusive for the same price.  I need to cancel one of them soon so I need some input which one should be canceled

Feel free to speak your mind here 😅

I posted some picture of Furama Xclusive "executive room" in my Dec 2021 trip report, day 13 , page 5

https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/37210-third-time-lucky-december-2021-trip-to-thailand-in-covid-time/page/5/

It was really like regular apartment.

Scott's suggestion of splitting stay between two is very sensible. I probably would do as hotel jumping is my favorite pastime( last trip excepted).

• Members
On 9/22/2023 at 6:23 PM, PeterRS said:

If price is not really a factor, the 5-star Sukhothai Hotel on Sathorn has amazing breakfast buffets.

I did book this hotel for my last weekend. The price was lower as they are doing maintenance. But still expensive.

I stayed at the Sukhothai a couple of times on my first few trips to Bangkok. Impeccable service and very comfortable. But the location was a little awkward to me for getting around on foot. MRT not too far though which helps.

I agree that Le Meridien has a very good breakfast and decent rooms. The spread at the Crowne Plaza always impressed me as well although I haven't been there in a while. I would imagine that the W hotel probably has a pretty big breakfast. The photos online look good. No one seems to talk about the W much though. Location is basically on the corner of Sathorn and Narathiwas - around the corner from Chong Nonsi BTS.

I've read some praise for the breaksfast at The Standard hotel at the MahaNakhon tower. Of course given their rates it should be!

15 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

I stayed at the Sukhothai ....

I agree that Le Meridien has a very good breakfast and decent rooms. The spread at the Crowne Plaza always impressed me ........ I would imagine that the W hotel probably has a pretty big breakfast. 

I've read some praise for the breaksfast at The Standard hotel at the MahaNakhon tower. 

so may fine establishments. I wonder if any of those fine breakfasts beats one at Foodland Patpong

• Members
11 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I stayed at the Sukhothai a couple of times on my first few trips to Bangkok. Impeccable service and very comfortable. But the location was a little awkward to me for getting around on foot. MRT not too far though which helps.

I agree that Le Meridien has a very good breakfast and decent rooms. The spread at the Crowne Plaza always impressed me as well although I haven't been there in a while. I would imagine that the W hotel probably has a pretty big breakfast. The photos online look good. No one seems to talk about the W much though. Location is basically on the corner of Sathorn and Narathiwas - around the corner from Chong Nonsi BTS.

I've read some praise for the breaksfast at The Standard hotel at the MahaNakhon tower. Of course given their rates it should be!

Pre-pandemic we stayed at the W. It's very nice and the buffet breakfast was superb.

1 hour ago, TomNg said:

I canceled Furama reservation, now it is a choice between Amara bkk (executive room) vs Pullman 😊. Your thoughts ?

I've stayed in Amara executive rooms many times and recommend this location. Rooms are compact but very well appointed and spotless. Buffet breakfast is excellent and the roof-top infinity pool has many lounge chairs.

No problem whatsoever with guests.

• Members
17 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I never eat breakfast when I travel on holiday, because I go out partying every night till dawn, I am usually too tired to eat breakfast and eating before sleeping is not healthy anyways. So if a fancy breakfast is included in the room rate, it's always a waste.