reader

Journalist shot in Pattaya

From Pattaya Mail

Pattaya-News-3-Journalist-shot-in-Pattaya.jpg.1fca0a15aabdd715d69a175ff9178f0e.jpg

Nattaphat Boonchalee, a local journalist who was shot in the face by two assailants on a motorcycle in Pattaya, receives medical attention as he is being rushed to Pattaya City Hospital for further treatment.

PATTAYA, Thailand – A local journalist was shot in the face by two assailants on a motorcycle in Pattaya on December 13. The journalist, Nattaphat Boonchalee, 28, works for local newspapers ‘Athip Burapha’ and online media. He is currently being treated at Pattaya City Hospital for gunshot wounds to his cheek and eye area.

The shooting occurred at around 6.08 a.m. on Petchtrakul Road, near an entertainment venue. CCTV footage showed that the suspects had a near-hit accident with the journalist’s motorcycle and then chased him on Pattaya Road, where they opened fire. The journalist had just left a hot pot and grill restaurant after covering a news story about a foreigner who caused a disturbance in Pattaya.

The Pattaya City police arrested the two suspects, Jirachai M, 36, and Somrak K, 39, at a house in Soi Paniad Chang 4, central Pattaya, at 3.30 p.m. on the same day. The suspects were asleep in a room when the police raided the house. The police seized a 9 mm pistol, a magazine, and 10 bullets as evidence. The suspects denied any involvement in the shooting and claimed that they were drunk and sleeping. Somrak said that he did not know that his friend had a gun and that he had no intention of shooting anyone. Jirachai said that he did not shoot the journalist.

The detention of the suspects sparked a commotion at the Pattaya police station, where they were taken for questioning. A group of friends of the journalist tried to storm the police station. They were stopped by the police and journalists who tried to interview the suspects. Niruthep Bodinsri, 34, a senior friend of the journalist, expressed shock at seeing the suspects and said that both of them were acquainted with the wounded journalist. He said that he did not know the motive behind the shooting and urged the police to investigate thoroughly and ensure justice.

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

The safe Thailand everyone talks about when saying why they don't go to Brazil?

In this case, the assailants apparently knew the journalist they attacked. No foreign tourists were attacked.

In Brazil, "everyone talks about" assailants who attack foreign tourists (and locals) whom they don't know. 

15 minutes ago, a-447 said:

Brazil's population is 3 times that of Thailand which goes some way to explaining the difference in the number of murders.

Murder rate is 5 times higher in Brazil so number of murders for every 100000 population is 5 times higher. What should probably be noted is that murder rate in Brazil is coming down at least.

1 hour ago, forky123 said:

Using your argument you would be as well holidaying in Gaza as in Japan as if you are murdered, you are murdered. 

You said again, using my argument....I made a statement. Can't argue with something as simple as "Only takes 1 time to be murdered, doesn't matter where you are."

You can interpret it however you'd like, but doesn't make MY statement not true 🙄

8 hours ago, forky123 said:

And yet here you are arguing further. It wasn't a standalone statement

14 hours ago, floridarob said:

Only takes 1 time to be murdered, doesn't matter where you are.

Clearly a statement as described here....you can continue your argument, up to you, as they say 😁

A statement is a sentence which can be either true or false. For example, the dog is in the kennel. On the other hand, an argument is a group of statements which includes either one or more than one premise but one and only one conclusion.

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Did anyone here actually carry a gun in the US ?

I used to when I was younger...But I lived in Boston, very difficult there to get a carry permit. Got rid of them after a lot of cop friends told me that more people get killed by their own gun, I could see that. I was responsible with them, was in the Army and knew how to handle weapons, but they were right. Wish more people could see that and chose not to need them, but some have to compensate for small a small penis I guess, lol

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

I used to when I was younger...But I lived in Boston, very difficult there to get a carry permit. Got rid of them after a lot of cop friends told me that more people get killed by their own gun, I could see that. I was responsible with them, was in the Army and knew how to handle weapons, but they were right. Wish more people could see that and chose not to need them, but some have to compensate for small a small penis I guess, lol

Mmmmm....whilst I never been to America I see in YouTube it seems to be dangerous.

I probably would carry a gun if I visited Texas or Alabama ,

I think most States you can carry a gun 

11 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Mmmmm....whilst I never been to America I see in YouTube it seems to be dangerous.

I probably would carry a gun if I visited Texas or Alabama ,

I think most States you can carry a gun 

You never been to America and you are  basing the safety level there on some random YouTube videos... OMG I am speechless.