Lucky

Fraud At Foodland?

On 1/6/2024 at 7:38 PM, vinapu said:

animals are best to assess what good food is

Maybe, but I have yet to see a 'rat taster', they are intelligent animals, so maybe!

9 hours ago, spoon said:

Obviously u have not see ratatouille yet lol

Ho, ho. Very good! Reminds me of Basil the rat, in Fawlty Towers! 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday in order  to to through investigation mandated by both Michelin and UNESCO. Will report my findings when jet lag eases up. 

I knew you'd be there before me....I'll be in Pattaya on the 20th

38 minutes ago, vinapu said:

As mandatsted by both UNESCO and Michelin I went to Foodland last night and happy to report nothing wrong with their chicken with cashew nuts. See attached.

It looks that OP had just misadventure.

7.5 stars and World Heritage designation reinstated effective 9.15 pm last night20240111_210013.thumb.jpg.ab0bc5862a7897cb315d020a759ee032.jpg

Hmmm?

• Members
On 1/3/2024 at 2:26 AM, Lucky said:

On my first night in Bangkok this week, I went to Foodland to try the venerable cashew chicken as raved about by @vinapu.

Only when the dish was served did I realize that this vinapu venerated concoction contained not a single cashew. Not one.

Has Mr. Vinapu been joshing?

I asked for assistance and an employee came to the table and couldn't figure out the problem. So I told him very simply "There are no cashews in the cashew chicken!"

The remedy was to bring me a small bowl of cashews, but as chicken cashew lovers would attest, they taste much better when cooked in the dish.

My rating of Foodland's cashew chicken...a 2!

@Lucky, what's wrong with you?

When I go somewhere to eat, there is this crazy thing I do if I am dissatisfied.  Next time I just go to eat somewhere else.

I'm not a food snob by any means and I hope I'm not offending anyone, but if I were deciding where want to eat, on my list of places to go, eating at a Foodland would be way down at the bottom of my list.

2 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

When I go somewhere to eat, there is this crazy thing I do if I am dissatisfied.  Next time I just go to eat somewhere else.

I'm not a food snob by any means and I hope I'm not offending anyone, but if I were deciding where want to eat, on my list of places to go, eating at a Foodland would be way down at the bottom of my list.

I agree. I tried foodland on my last trip cos it was convenient...except for the aircon and reasonable pricing, it wasn't something I would hanker for...