kokopelli3

Scams in Apps

I don't use apps however a friend who is proficient at app cruising (Hornet, HeeSay, Grindr, etc) tells me  there are a number of scams from the "boys" using these apps. One is some of the boys refused to say how much money they will accept which may mean they will show up, do the act and then demand a high fee. Another is the boys will not give their ID/Age if asked and will simply shut down the discussion. Friend believes this is some sort of scam to entrap the customer in some sort of undercover activity with a minor, either official or unofficial. Has anyone else  noticed this or similar behavior?

• Members

What difference does it make? If simple vetting related to the examples above is not carried out suckers can always materialize. Scammers exist insofar as scammees do and the latter is a larger pool, like shooting fish in a barrel or sperm in a quivering yearning prostate. Anybody not diligently recording the relevant material and taking precautions that prevent some level of victimization, or worse, from running afoul of the law, is but naïve and has only self to blame. Of course not all risk avoidance, apart from the letdown of a desire mismatch, is guaranteed at the face-to-face stage, but preliminary red flags always show the face of the catfish artfully the one holding out the bait. Clientele also often behave as battlefield-grade belligerents that promote the very dynamics they criticize. 

Generally the cue prompts to bail are at your fingertips …

IMG_9131.jpeg

I use apps ( Grindr only) rarely even if I comb through it regularly to see what is on the market but would never reveal my location without securing what expected compensation will be . My problem with apps is that I read pictures poorly and whoever shows in the lobby usually looks less attractive than on the pics. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I use apps ( Grindr only) rarely even if I comb through it regularly to see … My problem with apps is that I read pictures poorly and whoever shows in the lobby usually looks less attractive than on the pics. 

Or the pics are a physique model Xmas shopping in Seattle at the time, you call him on it, explain your empathy around the complexity of advertising, agree to a vid chat in the app, and there is still a discrepancy between the shadowy sorta hunky looking chap in the chat and what steps off the Grab bike. Wait, can I solicit the Grab driver? 

Use the video chat on these apps or go on WhatsApp

I had the same in Pattaya a few months ago ,a guy turns up in his 40's instead of 22yo

My fault ,I didn't use the video chat before 

I've only ever created 2 profiles on apps but became suspicious very quickly and stopped using them, amazing just how quickly Nigerians (mostly them but other Africans as well and not those in Thailand either) started messaging and wanting to make contact. The alarm bells were ringing loudly, so loud that I just deleted the apps and just rely on face to face contact when I travel.

I have been lucky with Grindr, perhaps. Only had one issue, in Bangkok, 2years ago. and sent boy away. Advantage of meeting in lobby, you can do that. Used Grindr for 2 boys last week, Bangkok, both accurate and good..

Now recovering in Siem Reap from a guy who pursued me in Grindr. He was great one of the best, so you never know! I did ask him if pics accurate, he said yes, great ass, well he would but it was true!

Just now, Keithambrose said:

I have been lucky with Grindr, perhaps. Only had one issue, in Bangkok, 2years ago. and sent boy away. Advantage of meeting in lobby, you can do that. Used Grindr for 2 boys last week, Bangkok, both accurate and good..

Now recovering in Siem Reap from a guy who pursued me in Grindr. He was great one of the best, so you never know! I did ask him if pics accurate, he said yes, great ass, well he would but it was true!

Interestingly, his profile was hidden, so he came out of the blue, so to speak!

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

Me too and I don't remember even one time that I was distatisfied in contrary one time arrived to my room Vietnamese guy who in his profile had mediocre pictures in life he was so stunning that I convinced him to be with me more than a week.

I did find the hottest 18 year old on gay Romeo. He was so afraid of meeting me. So we just slept together the first time. He had real sexy photos and was the real deal. Unfortunately he’s a lady boy now.

And a real cutie was under the new section on gay Romeo a few weeks ago. Lo and behold he walked into the bar I hang out at and I recognized him right away. Now he’s off the apps and just stays with me.