Ale4co

Any trouble bringing guys to room?

2 hours ago, Ale4co said:

Hello traveling in may to Bangkok just wondering if hotels like Marriott or Hilton

Have strict policy’s on guests

Le Meredien,  part of Marriott, welcomes guests, no trouble at all.

10 hours ago, Ale4co said:

Hello traveling in may to Bangkok just wondering if hotels like Marriott or Hilton

Have strict policy’s on guests

If you are a newbie, as your post suggests, I'd advise you to present your companion to Reception so that his ID is checked and held until he leaves. In other words, choose a hotel which provides this level of security. And don't be embarrassed. 

The Ibis Styles Silom is no problem bringing guests in.  Just have to meet them at the ground floor to take back up the elevator to your room.  Never had any of my visitors pulled up, questioned or glanced at all to my knowledge.  But be careful - one guy I had back to my room had taken something before he arrived and started tripping in my room.  I managed to get rid of him after about an hour singing and making weird noises in the shower.  That's an experience I would prefer not to have again...

As a newbie it's better to book rooms at guest friendly hotels near the bars .walking distance to the action and bringing guests with you without problems is more important than staying at fancy chain hotels. 

On 3/7/2024 at 2:00 AM, Londoner said:

If you are a newbie, as your post suggests, I'd advise you to present your companion to Reception so that his ID is checked and held until he leaves. In other words, choose a hotel which provides this level of security. And don't be embarrassed. 

Yup, good for your own safety and hotel as well. Bangkok is an international meat market and best to be cautious especially for the newbies.

Personally, I think it makes no difference  if you are a newbie, or an old hand. You still need to be sensible.  Le Meredien, a 5 star hotel, does not interfere with guests at all, so your own risk.

2 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Le Meridien is perfectly ok with joiners - both male and female. The Japanese guests often eat breakfast with their female overnight companions (from Soi Thaniya). I even saw one of @vinapu regular hunks with a guest during breakfast!

unfortunately it was not me, that guest breakfasting with said hunk. Meridien is not my league when comes to accommodation unfortunately, LOL

I tend to stay at hotels not too close to (but not that far from) the bars (like Bandara Suites, At Ease Saladaeng, Silom Serene etc.) and so far, had no issues with bringing guests back in other than the knowing smiles of the doorman or receptionist 🤣🤣.

8 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Le Meridien is perfectly ok with joiners - both male and female. The Japanese guests often eat breakfast with their female overnight companions (from Soi Thaniya). I even saw one of @vinapu regular hunks with a guest during breakfast!

Yes, I saw one of my companions breakfasting with another client at Le Meredien! He grinned at me!

4 hours ago, Shax said:

I tend to stay at hotels not too close to (but not that far from) the bars (like Bandara Suites, At Ease Saladaeng, Silom Serene etc.) and so far, had no issues with bringing guests back in other than the knowing smiles of the doorman or receptionist 🤣🤣.

good to know as those hotels are not too often mentioned here

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

good to know as those hotels are not too often mentioned here

Haha yeah, I noticed. I tend to prefer bigger rooms and at each of those hotels, I'd usually pick the one-bedroom unit, with a separate bedroom and living room. Not sure why but I love all that space 🤣

3 hours ago, Shax said:

Haha yeah, I noticed. I tend to prefer bigger rooms and at each of those hotels, I'd usually pick the one-bedroom unit, with a separate bedroom and living room. Not sure why but I love all that space 🤣

me too and I  know why I like all that space - I grew up in very smalI apartment where every square inch was utilized.

One danger of big hotel room is that we may tend to spread our stuff  all over and when packing something may be forgotten - see my last trip report where I confess to leaving about 100 000 riels in 5000 riel notes on the night desk. And no, I was not in rush when packing , it just happened. 

3 hours ago, 10tazione said:

But how much time do you spend n the room? In that extra space i mean, outside of the bathroom and outside of the bed?

very little but I still like all that space and air coming with it for reason explained above