TotallyOz

Sawatdee Gay Thailand

Oooh thanks for the update!?

You do realize how many updates Scooby would have had to make by now.  Not just ding to dong to dong plus, but other variations. 

Oooh thanks for the update!?

Well, thanks to your post I started looking at this swatdee site and found it interesting.

I will start reading it and participate if it does not take too much of my time.

Then the only site I will have left is the one of GayButton.

But first I have to find the courage to do so, because I may be afraid of him.

He's a strict disciplinarian, or so I'm told.

Is that so ?

Let me think how some fellow who has control of a website where one reads and posts in free will can "discipline" an adult senior person in possession of all the personal freedoms granted by the Constitution of the United States to its citizens. 

Guest FossilGay

He's a strict disciplinarian, or so I'm told.

Very strict.  Madame has been the headmistress of Sunee Plaza Kindergarten and Senior Adults Recreation Centre for the last 15 years.

Guest dale1

Just to add a comment .... I have lived in Pattaya for almost 16 years .... I got hooked on the original of the Pattaya-oriented message boards many years ago when Alan Briggs took the leap and started one ..... I check three message boards virtually every morning .... Sawatdee Network, GayThailand and GayButton .... hardly 2-3 days will pass that I do not find items of interest to share with friends who do not participate in the forums (fora??) ....  furthermore, I am most appreciative of the support that each of them provide to TAKE CARE!! of which I am the treasurer ..... IMHO the time and effort that the various owners of these three sites spend is certainly time well spent  ... sincerely hope they continue with their efforts.

Guest Cedric

To be quite honest Im not sure why that happened!? I was feeling all Sawadee type forum so looked it up. That forum was the first entry, first page, first hit. I replied and I ended up here with this post? 

Much to my surprise I was still logged in after six or so years. Where exactly Im logged in Im not sure. Here my post number is 56 but by my reckoning it should be closer to 3800 at a very conservative estimate.

Maybe it's the other? Maybe that page is a honey trap URL, a rather cunning gateway to this forum instead of to Sawatdee?

I agree with Steveboy there was some quite hysterical moderating going on which ended up I believe in myself being kicked off though why Im still logged in????

Was there a potato blight called "Surfcrest" a little uptight queen from...er well heavens knows where. Its all a bit confusing. I thought Swadee had packed up.

Apologies for any nasty memories.  

Im glad I ended up here instead anyway, what a relief even if I don't remember it being called GayThailand and etc. 

Your mental time line re SGT appears to be all fucked up, the crazy moderating stuff was the previous ( mental) owner, not surfcrest and to be fair to him that's something he could never be accused of.

I don't really see the point of this thread other than to have a pop at another board, surely it's just a case of if you don't like it don't visit it.  I read and post on both boards and find both enjoyable in their different ways.

It's a myth that gaybutton is a Sunee Plaza regular. Nor is he the mayor or leader of the Barmy Army.

In fact, the Barmy army has disbanded as the battle was won.

I'm glad to know I am the subject of a myth.  Some dubbed me "Mayor of Sunee Plaza."  Wrong.  Some thought I was the leader of the "Barmy Army."  Wrong.  Actually most of the same people who were "Barmy Army" regulars are still part of the same group.  And the person who really was the leader still is.

The fact is I used to go to Sunee Plaza regularly, at minimum several times a week.  Now it's rare for me to go to any bars more than just a few times a month.  I don't enjoy the bars as much as I used to - when they were actually fun.  Also, I live on "The Dark Side," quite a distance from the bars.  I used to be able to get to the bars from my place in about 15 minutes.  Now, with all the traffic problems, I'm lucky if I can get to the bars within 40 minutes. 

And living here, I don't need the bars to find boys.  I almost never bother with bar boys at all anymore.  That's thanks to sites such as Planet Romeo and sheer luck.  And I'm not a drinker.  I never was.  I might have a gin & tonic or a glass of wine once in a while, but that's about it.

As for my group of "Barmy Army" friends, we meet for dinner quite often.  If they want to go to the bars after dinner, that's usually when I'll go. 

Other than that, I'll be interested in going to the bars regularly again if they ever again become the fun they used to be.  Speaking only for myself, to me one beer bar is pretty much the same as the next.  I usually don't last more than 20 minutes or so in a go-go bar, mainly because of the music volume.  Extremely loud music drives me away.  It for sure doesn't attract me.

These days, I'm much happier now that my biggest problems of the day are usually which young lad I want to "entertain," and which restaurant I want to go to for dinner.  As for puzzling about which young gent to choose that day, back in the USA I would have murdered my mother to have that problem.  If I'm not calling them, they're calling me. I think I'll stay right where I am . . .

Guest ronnie4you

The bars are most fun when one is a tourist and they are all new. The more you see of them, the less interesting they become. The older you get, the harder it is to take the noise. The poorer you get, the harder it is to take the pricing. And, of course, the further away you get, the harder it is to get there. But, being far away makes you appreciate what reports the guys posting here make!

Guest Cedric

Your mental time line re SGT appears to be all fucked up, the crazy moderating stuff was the previous ( mental) owner, not surfcrest and to be fair to him that's something he could never be accused of.

I don't really see the point of this thread other than to have a pop at another board, surely it's just a case of if you don't like it don't visit it.  I read and post on both boards and find both enjoyable in their different ways.

Apologies to Surfcrest  :hi:Definitely not him then, the name just stuck. Why does this post, this page remain as a URL, it's been tagged. Handy as it sends people here instead of Sawadee whatever. Anyway yes time lines all fucked up.

I past a rather pointed comment about gun laws in America and was banned....... Elephant trunk! Something like that?  He was a very decent mod.

Maybe this thread should just be snuffed  =@

Apologies to Surfcrest  :hi:Definitely not him then, the name just stuck. Why does this post, this page remain as a URL, it's been tagged. Handy as it sends people here instead of Sawadee whatever. Anyway yes time lines all fucked up.

I past a rather pointed comment about gun laws in America and was banned....... Elephant trunk! Something like that?  He was a very decent mod.

Maybe this thread should just be snuffed  =@

check this

Guest Cedric

Never heard of Roger (Blush) it weren't me.  It didn't bother me as I has quite a lot to get organised at the time, not a moment to spare. That was at least seven years ago! Booted for anti American bias apparently, that was the reason given...

Almost sure I remember now that it was Jinks. Anyway Elephant Spike was away for some reason. Just trying to think what it was, maybe something to do with his health or needed a break? It was a disaster for the forum.

Elephant Spike was a fabulous moderator one of the very best of any forum I've ever been on. Moderators can make or break a forum. Elephant Spike allowed it a life. Simple.

Looks like you were unfortunately missing during the god awful 'Neal Interregnum'. (Out on that veranda being coolingly swished by your favourite coolee I suppose?).

Man you missed the mayhem! I assure you, you would have had a heyday dealing with that old bugger, although you would have been banned very quickly, along with threats of a lawsuit, your friends being harrassed, or your family murdered.

It was an embarrassing hoot to say the least -- in the same fashion as is the the ongoing circus being put upon the poor Americans these days by a sweaty-faced psycho named Donald Trump.

-------------------------------------

Just as an aside: the original Sawatdee was called Sawatdee Forum and it was started in 2003 by Mr Smiles. It's platform was called EZboard and did not resemble at all the image you you have attached in the OP. That image is I believe is of the 2nd incarnation of Sawatdee, which was owned by the second owner Elephantspike in around 2005 (if my memory serves me right ... which is often wrong these days). Then came the horrific Neal, then came Surfcrest.