Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
Not sure where I stand on amnesty. Don't have enough facts to make decision. But I am sure he did some good things for the poor. ( I think) Seems time to put an end to it??? http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/376044/thaksin-backs-panel-on-amnesty
- 36 replies
- 6.5k views
-
The Thai Visa forum has reports of people getting a 30 day stamp when entering Thailand by land, applicable for people from USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy & Japan, effective since 1 Nov. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678982-30-day-stamp-land-crossing-in-ranong/page-2 This would be a big improvement. No longer would I have to either fly back into Thailand from neighbouring countries OR wait until 14 days before the end of my holiday. Flexibility is always welcome. Does anyone have experience of this yet?
- 16 replies
- 4.9k views
-
My Thai BF sat on and broke his new sunglasses. He tried to fix them for hours trying everything, even rubber bands and fishing line but no success. I told him to bin em but he wouldn't listen to me He wasn't a happy puppy for a day!
- 10 replies
- 2.8k views
-
I went to their site today but got a photo of a girl. Anyone know what is happening? Did they take it offline?
- 24 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
I haven't seen anything new about Saphan Kwai here or CFS. Anybody with the latest info about the gay venues there?
- 9 replies
- 6.3k views
-
What are your experiences driving in Thailand? Motorbikes or Cars involved in accidents . How are you treated? Does the writer of this letter have a point? Follow link: http://www.pattayamail.com/mailbag/who-s-at-fault-30364
- 28 replies
- 6.4k views
-
I have read with interest the thread on Saxophone Pub. It was not my intention to confuse any one of you but I wanted to let you know that Bangkok had a great Jazz and Blues Bar . I think the discussion was respectful but got off track when it veered into a discussion of past members. I tend to agree that there is really no difference between all the Hotels and Restaurants listed that are not Gay, but still listed. I also recognize that in some places mentioning a regular bar in a Gay listing could spell trouble . This is certainly not the case in Thailand where finding a business that is not Gay Friendly would be harder then looking for a needle in a haystack That…
-
- 1 reply
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I need some gay Asia images, mainly of gay bars, gay areas, gay guys (no full nudity) etc. to use with articles for my website I'm happy to pay for them if needed if they are used on the website. They don't need to be exclusive but obviously they need to be yours. I can also add credits for them on the site I can write articles around the images, eg if its a picture of Pattaya gay bars then I would write an article about Pattaya gay bars Any help with images would be wonderful and much appreciated
-
I knew there was a reason why I never took one of those overloaded ferries out to KohLan. Of course I am not sure the speedboats that I took are much safer. Some are held together with spit and glue. But its a much shorter trip , so less time for something to go wrong. http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/378099/pattaya-ferry-confesses-to-drug-use
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Are most Thai boys retards? A provocative title, and I won’t get new friends with this post, but I mean it exactly as I wrote it. Anyway, it’s a question and not a statement, so feel free to answer “no” and let me know why. I use “retard” to collect all these “What the fuck?!” moments I have when I try to meet Thai boys (too late, wrong place, phone battery empty, doesn’t tell me something important he knew hours ago and many more, I lost count). More precisely “Are most Thai boys I have contact with retards?”, and I would like to hear other’s stories too. Just when you think it gets better (last month, one boy about 5 km away, efficient communication in English, …
- 20 replies
- 6.4k views
-
Did you ever have this type of problem on Thailand's streets? Sure , street theft may happen everywhere but I must say in my 8 trips I never had any situation , day or night when I felt cornered and afraid I may be robbed. On another hand to minimize chance when travelling I never use wallet and when on the streets I tend to spread money I have on me between all pockets in my shirt and trousers, for this purpose always use 2 pocket shirt and 4 pocked trousers. Sometimes when watching bulging wallets in people's back pockets I think that this is just an invitation for thieves to do their sinister deed. http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/1035…
- 19 replies
- 5.1k views
-
In case you were ever curious about what straight boys do at a party... http://youtu.be/e2TmufXX6nk I think this is actually from Taiwan, but some good eye candy.
- 4 replies
- 9.8k views
-
Does this sound familiar? Sort of like when business is bad raise the prices. Glad to see other governments besides the USA have idiots making decisions. Who told him other countries charged for entry. I don't think so?? Maybe some Asian countries charge for Visa on Entry. Not Same Same! http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/375635/tourism-sector-opposed-to-b500-tourist-entry-fee
- 28 replies
- 5.8k views
-
If you need a visa extension while in Bangkok, here is what you do. First, the visa office is not on Sathorn Soi 3 anymore. They have moved near the old airport and it is a massive building. They open at 8:30 and it is best to go early but I have been told that most times you go there is little wait for the extension. Address: No. 120 Mu 3 Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 Thung Song Hong, Laksi Bangkok 10210 You can take a taxi or go by public transportation. I did each and I much prefer the taxi although more expensive. The taxi from the Sathorn area was around 200 baht each way depending on traffic. And, I told them to take the highway to make the trip f…
- 12 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
Some confusing messages of late from Thai government regarding this years Loy Krathong festival. First, then announced it was postponed due to the passing of Supreme Patriarch. Now, seems it is not postponed... http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/376938/loy-krathong-gets-go-ahead-from-govt
-
I was very surprised to find the Saxophone Pub listed on this site as a "Gay Bar." It is certainly not that even though it is a fun place to visit. Still, I cannot fathom why it is listed here as a Gay Bar.
- 27 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
It is that time of year again in Thailand. Rains come and the floods make life miserable . Same areas but so far Bangkok may be spared this year. Sooner or later they have to get some dams built to stop the yearly destruction. follow this link: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/370215/persistent-rain-prompts-chao-phraya-flood-alert
- 25 replies
- 8.4k views
- 1 follower
-
I was reading this article the other day... And I use to love this Actor but now I'm not to sure anymore why would he support us in one country and a other country say the opposite. Found him a bit Hypocrite... I found this to be just a good publicity stunt... for him! Look I at the video and this article http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/jackie-chan-accused-hypocrisy-supporting-lgbt-rights-us230413
-
Hey guys, Sorry to have opened a new thread but my thread has been locked before I had the chance to comment on the recent posts there. Original thread: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9167-my-first-thailand-trip/ So just a few words back to the one who doubted me: 1. Lets get the details correctly, I stayed in a 400 USD room (for just one night) but shared it with a friend (not my BF - he did not join this trip), so it was actually 200 USD for me. 2. Maybe an average Israeli student cannot afford my trip. I could, I have a good job. 3. I still cannot understand, what motivation could an individual possibly have to share his experiences regar…
- 12 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
Do any one have ear new's about this I was reading on it... On this site: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/thailand-parliament-debate-gay-marriage-bill190913
-
IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights Flash SaleStarting at 5,000 pointsEnjoy 25% to 75% savings on IHG Rewards® Club Reward Nights with Flash Sale! For a 24 hour period. Check on October 21, 10am EST and book your Reward Nights for stays on October 23rd to November 22nd, 2013 to take advantage of this great offer! REDEEM Or just go here and follow: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1307228/?sharedby=60861 Have them all over the world but some in Thailand and Asia. One in Phuket and one in Manila. Great deals. if you can travel during those times as the deals are fabulous. https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/redeem/catalog/hotel/reward-nightsbrf-l…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I love my Skinny Vanilla Latte. The cost is high though both in the USA and in Thailand. When I saw my first Starbucks in Pattaya, I didn't think they would succeed as they were so much more expensive than other places but they did. I remember years back, I went there every morning to use the Internet when I lived in the Mosaik and the Internet sucked in my apartment. The cost for the net was really high as well but it was worth it for me.
- 64 replies
- 15.3k views
- 1 follower
-
Hello everyone, last week I decided to take whats left of my semester vacation and go on a trip to Thailand. Unfortunately, I could only dedicate 10 days to this trip so I am trying to plan the whole trip in advance and make the most out of the time that i have. First of all i would like to thank all the post writers here. I am amazed from the amount of relevant and valuable info this forum holds. 10x. After reading a lot of posts I am still trying to think what is the best route for me. I am landing alone (leaving my BF at home) on a Tuesday noon. The first three days of my trip cannot be in Bangkok since I am meeting a friend of mine there on Friday and i …
- 46 replies
- 11.5k views
- 1 follower
-
What To Do In Pattaya Hey Guy's! I will Be coming Tomorrow To Pattaya the 11 oct. and I had a couple question for you guys before I get there. I will be staying at The Cafe Royal because I got a good price for this time of the year! I found the Link of this hotel on the site the other day and seam to all right. http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/5884-le-cafe-royale-in-the-heart-of-boyztown/ Let Start with my Questions!! 1) What bar got most boys now…. 2) What bar got the best looking Boy 3) What restaurant should I try… I heard of a new Italian food around there do any one about this place 4) Are there still problems with ladyboys in t…
- 24 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
I am thinking of trying out Baan Souy on my visit to Thailand next month for a change, has anyone stayed there recently and if so would love to hear any feedback..... In particular ...... Are the balcony rooms any larger or better than the pool side rooms, or are you just paying a bit more for the balcony? Is the inclusive breakfast OK and and can you enjoy it well in to the day (don't tend to surface that early whilst on holiday!) How easy is it to get back late at night from Boys Town area as normally been within an OK walking distance? Is it pretty well only gay - dont really fancy a load of "hetro Couples" sunbathing arround the pool if I am relaxing with some n…
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views