Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am at a convention in Las Vegas this week and it is filled with interesting and fascinating people. Today, we have a speed networking seminar. In it, you have your business cards and you meet about 50 people and you have 2 min with each of them to discuss business. It is a great concept IMHO. But I had at least 15 of them ask me about Thailand and tell me how much they love it or how much they can't wait to visit. Each of them were so complimentary of the LOS and the people there. Every where I go, it seems to be the same. EVERYONE loves Thailand!

  2. Guest Aussie4Asian
    Started by Guest Aussie4Asian,

    HI, Air Asia now flys in and out of the old Don Mueng airport anybody have info. on the following 1/ Bus from there direct to Pattaya e.g Bell ?If no direct bus what is the best way to get there? 2/ How do you get from there to the new airport 3/Any cheap decent hotels near Don Mueng Thanks for any help regarding the above.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. Guest gwminthai
    Started by Guest gwminthai,

    A large, energetic crowd was on hand at the Pour House for our Fundraiser for TAKE CARE! featuring shows by Australian Trans-gender illusionist SANDY BOTTOM. 20% of the Bar take between 8pm and Midnight was donated to the charity along with monies collected via our donation box. By the end of the evening 7165 Baht was spent at the Bar (20% or 1433 Baht was given to TAKE CARE!). Additionally, 2597 Baht was donated by our patrons bringing the total raised for TAKE CARE to 4030 Baht. The Pour House wants to thank Sandy Bottom for donating her talents for charity and all of those who came out in support of TAKE CARE! Visit us on the Web at http://pourhouse…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. You see lots of these "best lists" on the Internet but most have Thai cities in them. The New York Times lists has 2 Thai cities on the list. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/10/travel/2013-places-to-go.html?hp

  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    For this year’s quiz, first the good news: many of the questions are multiple choice. So even if you haven’t a clue about an answer, you still have at least a 20% chance of being right. The bad news is that like many of the recent quiz questions on this Board, a number are initially quite difficult (at least I think so). But please don't give up! With some knowledge, a reasonable amount of relatively simple research (google will get you far with some of the questions) and some plain guesswork, it ought be possible to get quite a few points in the bag. (And as a small hint - some of the answers have appeared on this Board over the last year!). Plus you have almost two whol…

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    It shows your Birthday as today. I hope you have a fantastic day! I would sign Happy Birthday to you in person but I have a bad voice and I hope you are with a much cuter guy to celebrate! Cheers!

  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    More than 100 police officers raided 20 gay bars and go go bars in the Sunee area last night, seemingly to check for drugs and under-age workers. This is the start of a 30-day crackdown covering many parts of Pattaya, according to Police Maj. Gen. Katcha Thartsart. There was even a major ceremony held to announce the crackdown. This is largely a result of the rising crime rate against Russian tourists and the need to counter adverse media which might affect Russians planning to visit Pattaya. 30 male and female bar workers were arrested following urine tests. http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/01/09/soi-sunee-bars-raided-by-cops-during-crackdown/

  8. Guest gwminthai
    Started by Guest gwminthai,

    High Season is Here And We Are Ready To Party! January 10th - SANDY BOTTOM - Transgender Illusionist in a Cabaret Show / Fundraiser for TAKE CARE. 8pm to Midnight. Regular Drink prices. Snacks provided January 17th - Pizza Party - Enjoy a variety of Pizza's provided by DiNicola Pizza (Jomtien Beach) between 7pm -9pm. Drink Specials. Because the ONLY thing better than Pizza is FREE PIZZA!!! January 20th - AUSTRALIA DAY PARTY - Yes, we know we are early but we just couldn't wait! Come join us for Burgers on the Barbie, Drink Special's. an Australian Quiz, live entertainment and more!! The Party begins at 6pm!![/size] NOW ENJOY FREE WIFI at THE POUR HOUSE - A…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Guest neiltour
    Started by Guest neiltour,

    Hello I am a gay tour guide in Chiang mai and around Thailand. We service all tour package and transportation.. You can read more my information, my name is Neil, if you looking for good gay tour guide in Chiang mai or around Thailand, please contact me.. http://www.neiltourguide.com/en/freelance-gay-guide pleas think me when you think about Thailand or Chiang mai

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I suppose nothing should surprise us in the Land of Smiles. After all, wasn't it only a couple of years back when the Culture Ministry berated and hauled to court two young Thai girls who had dared to dance bare-breasted during the Songkran celebrations? Naturally the Culture Ministry was upholding the morals of the nation, admonishing the Thai people about what was best for them. Alas for such self-appointed do-gooders, for what did the homepage of the Culture Ministry's own website portray? Two lovely Thai maidens naked from the waist up! Needless to say, it was quickly taken down and has never reappeared! Now the guardians of morality have really put their foot in …

    • 16 replies
    • 2.4k views
  11. A Thai prosecutor's office has dropped a child molestation charge against acclaimed Russian pianist and conductor Mikhail Pletnev, Pletnev's lawyer said on Tuesday. "No charges will be brought against Pletnev anymore. All the legal procedures are finished towards him. I have received a Thai prosecutor's office's decree," the lawyer said, citing the prosecutor's office of Thai Chon Buri Province as saying. "I am absolutely convinced of my innocence that is why I did not hesitate for a minute about the result of the investigation. Now, when everything is over, I can only say that money was behind the attempts to trump up a case against me," Pletnev said. Pletnev…

    • 26 replies
    • 7.7k views
  12. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Looking around the various gay forums, it seems that more and more posters are expressing concern that Pattaya is slowly being overrun with Russians/East Europeans and those from Middle Eastern countries, a good few of them with families. With the TAT actively promoting tourism from those countries and arrival numbers rising considerably, I wonder what those who live there feel about their long-term prospects. If the prognosis is true, would this have any effect at all on your decision to remain in Pattaya? Also, for those who are considering retirement there, does it give you any second thoughts? Merely curious.

  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    This is my rant for the day. I order from WOW Delivery on a regular basis. 1/2 the time they mess up the order. I order precisely what is on their menu. I confirm with the lady the order and still they can't seem to get it right. Yesterday, I wanted to buy a 27inch Samsung Monitor for the BF. We went to Central and to Banana IT and they didn't have one but they said they could order one. They went online, filled in all the information, ordered it, took a 3k baht deposit. I waited till they confirmed everything. I then left the store. They called me back later to tell me they didn't have that model any longer and could not order it but could order another mode…

  14. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Yesterday afternoon I had a very strange encounter. At one of the platforms at Siam BTS station, I was approached by a middle-aged African-American lady seeking my help. She explained she was trying to get to Paragon. She had asked several station staff who kept on giving her wrong directions. She was now back on platform level after exiting just moments earlier. All this was accompanied by quite strong language about how hopeless the Thais were, how they refused to understand English and were the most unhelpful people in the world. She could not wait for the next couple of weeks to pass when she would be delighted to be flying off to India where people would be gracious…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. Guest timmberty
    Started by Guest timmberty,

    we all meet them, the ones who tell you they work for banks, insurance, or whatever earning thousands of dollars a day, they tell you that altho they are on holiday their phone is always on as there is always a deal to be done another million dollars to be earnt .. then they sit at the bar and empty their pockets onto the bar top .. along with their keys one old phone from the 1800s and 20 baht in loose change ... a beer is ordered and drank over the space of 90 minutes .. then the phone goes off .. theres a glint in the eye as your new friend goes outside to answer it .. and altho hes not gone far enough for you not to be able to hear it ..he walks back in telling …

  16. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    There is a prominent ad in today’s The Nation advertising cheap flights on Cambodia Angkor Air from BKK to Siem Reap in January and BKK to Phnom Penh in February. Round Trip price on Cambodian Angkor Air is Bt. 3,000 + taxes etc. For these routes, that is a great price! Since the ad gave no website, I ran a check on some search engines. Farecompare.com and expedia.co.th have the cheapest flights at $306 total on Bangkok Air. Vayama.com has a total price of $184. This is about the same as the price in the ad. Yet the flight is listed as Bravo Air Congo using an Airbus A321 aircraft! The breakdown is $137.37 for the return airfare and $48.08 in taxes. Flight K6 721 …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  17. Guest shamahan
    Started by Guest shamahan,

    This new year was the worst in my memory. Pattaya was O'K till the very end of December but then huge influx of various shit (especially from Russia) had happened. It had several consequences I never saw before. 1. Prices in most decent hotels jumped for the period December 28-January 3 quite drastically (in my hotel they doubled and I needed to move to much less comfortable hotel). 2. Moving around became quite difficult since many tuk-tuks switched to taxi modes. 3. The shelves of former Carrefour were semi-empty on January 1. Tops in Central was reasonably stocked by there were quite long check out lines. 4. There have been lines in such pathetic restaurants like P…

  18. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    We've had this topic several times before, but I cannot find the old threads. So I'm starting a new one. Saw this when I checked in this morning - "I am a Thai guy. I am not a butterfly but I want to know every body in the world. Waiting for you." Well, I guess that's a new description for butterfly!

  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    I wrote about having breakfast there yesterday and I enjoyed it. I wanted others who are considering the hotel to see a video of the fabulous top of the hotel roof top pool. I think it is lovely and have been there a few times to swim and enjoyed it. It is no where near as big as the Marriott's pool but it does have a nice view.

  20. Guest Devint6669
    Started by Guest Devint6669,

    Hey! I got an idea I want to try can I find a way to travel for less the 1500 THB a day. It might be impossible but we will try. The first thing I had to do was find the city I wanted to visit. I currently live in Chiang Mai and I decided to go Pattaya, because in the past I lived there and I have good memories. The bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok is 10 hours and costs 359 baht. Depending on the schedule you may get a bus to Pattaya like I did in 45 minutes and continue the 2 1/2 hour journey to Pattaya. This Bus is 139 baht so for about 500 baht you can go from one side of the country to the other. How cool is that? When I arrived Pattaya, I had my Back Pack a…

  21. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I heard a good story about someone staying at the Marriot in Pattaya recently. He was enjoying a buffet lunch with a group of friends. After he got some food and returned to the table, his i-phone was no longer on the table. Having established none of his friends had moved it for safe keeping, he spoke to the hotel security. The hotel security guy, said "don't worry sir, we have security cameras covering this whole area". The hotel security guy checks the cameras and spots someone from a Chinese tour group picking up the phone. He tells our friend "don't worry sir, we'll have your phone back in about an hour". Hotel security call the police and the tour operator.…

  22. Started by kokopelli,

    My anti-virus program keeps sending me messages that a Threat Was Blocked each time I click on a topic on this forum. Some sort of virus or spyware was detected. Anyone else receiving this message? I use AVG Anti-Virus.

  23. Guest Astrrro
    Started by Guest Astrrro,

    A friend was asking what's the best Italian restauarnt in Pattaya. Since I'm not a high end diner I figured I'd poll the audience. I see Bruno's has plenty of pasta dishes but it does not seem to be a pure Italian restaurant. I'm happy with the 99 baht all u can eat pasta at LK Ren, but my friend wants something better.

    • 29 replies
    • 5.2k views
  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Throughout this site, there is a wealth of practical up-to-date information from posters about bars, bar etiquette, saunas, restaurants, cafes, hotels and other accommodation, concerts, musicals, exhibitions, interesting things to do in Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok, how to get to them, trip reports from around Thailand and other countries - and a whole lot of other extremely useful advice. Yet, once a thread disappears off the first page it tends to get lost and perhaps mostly forgotten. But this information can continue to be of use to regular posters and newcomers to the Board alike for quite some time. My question is therefore: how can that information be kept o…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.5k views
  25. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    The board has an option to ignore other specific members. Here's a Snapshot showing the location of the menu: Click on My Settings, then ignore preferences on the LH side. Obviously on this forum, you will rarely need to use this feature. But it's there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.