Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
We have upgraded the forum to the newest version of Invision Power Board. With this new update, we have enabled the "like" system for users who see a post and they like that post, they are able to click "like" just like on other Social Media sites. I hope that you enjoy the new features that come with the board. We tried to keep everything the same as before and make the transition smooth. We are also meeting with a graphic designer in a week to come up with a better homepage. A member suggested that the look of the homepage is not conducive to getting member participation on the boards and the site. We listen to our members and we will improve the homepage v…
- 54 replies
- 11.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Famous Bar, the ladyboy bar on Soi VC is looking to hire a few femmy femmy boys, short hair, androgynous dress while not alienating their core customer who likes ladyboys wearing lady's clothes. If you know of a super fem looking for work, you might mention that he drop into Famous and ask for Lita, the owner.
- 8 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
The special 2nd Birthday issue of OUT iT Magazine is out now and features all the Readers' Choice Award winners- you can see who you voted for at http://www.out-in-thailand.com/current-issue/ After many requests, there is now no need to register/log in to any part of the site and the voting has now been set to zero so that you can start to cast your votes for next year's awards today! On a personal note, thank you for making these awards so successful and I wish all our loyal readers and advertisers a wonderful 2013. Best wishes, James Barnes.
-
Dynamic Vocalist and Trans-gender Illusionist, Sandy Bottom returns to the Pour House on January 10th in support of the the local Charity "TAKE CARE". 20% of the Bar Take from 8pm to Midnight will be donated to TAKE CARE. Join us for a great evening of Entertainment!! Visit our website at http://pourhouse-jomtien.blogspot.com/
-
More and more booking sites, it seems, are requesting customers to post reviews of their experience at hotels, flights an so on booked through the site. Perhaps the most commonly used ones are Tripadviser for hotels and Skytrax for flights. I have ‘discovered’ several excellent hotels and guesthouses mostly from Tripadviser recommendations. And I made my first trip on Qatar Airlines only after thoroughly checking reviews on several sites (and what a fantastic return trip that was!). So I wonder: when you book a hotel, do you bother to check such reviews – and do you really trust them? I ask because I seem to notice more hotel reviews cropping up which, in my view, are…
- 36 replies
- 7.2k views
- 1 follower
-
It’s “far more destructive to Thai society than even terrorism could be” said the country’s National Anti-Corruption Commissioner, Wicha Mahakhun, last month. The Commissioner was talking not just about general corruption, but about the particular form that plagues Thailand and impedes its development – the patronage system. http://www.bangkokpo...error-says-nacc Claiming the government has to be transparent in all of its projects, the Commissioner’s admonition will inevitably fall on deaf ears. Several times this year we have heard of the study which found “86% of business operators admitted to paying bribes, some as much as 30% of a project value, to state age…
-
So now it is official. Government ministers are perfectly happy to tell “white lies” if it is in the interest of the country or the economy! Well, that’s perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. In truth, one Minister – but a pretty important one, the Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong – has quite only confirmed that he tells “white lies”. When asked if this admission would affect the public’s confidence in the government, the Minister replied – And when you think about it, even if you are shocked, there really is nothing further that can be done about it! A group of previous Finance Minsters have come out and blasted Khun Kittiratt, saying n…
-
Didn't get a chance to reply to Rogie's question as the other thread was closed, presumably for touching on politics... It's not a recent thing. I've been hearing about it for months. Both with my previous Thai boyfriend and now with my current one. Thais hear about their friends or acquaintances having done well overseas and call them up wanting advice on how to set out on the same path. There are some consistent themes over the last several months to a year. The economy is doing poorly in Bangkok. It's getting harder to make money. The government isn't doing a good job managing the economy. People aren't spending as much. The mood is down and people aren't…
-
I normally do not copy threads from any other Board I happen to visit, but I did notice a thread on one Board with a subject that has sometime cropped up here, and would like to reopen the discussion. It has to do with lies that Thai guys seem frequently come out with. Many of us have some time or another been regaled with stories about bar boys not delivering what was expected and coming up with some ‘excuse’, guys you arrange to meet on gayromeo and elsewhere turning up well over an hour late “because . . . “, mothers being sick and requiring money for an operation, key money required for a new apartment . . . and on it goes. Naturally, no nationality has a mono…
- 21 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
Let me first start out be recanting some previous entries casting a negative light on Silom Soi 4 because these days that soi is fucking alive! It even has some new posh-looking nightclubs that are giving the alley some of the ambience It used to have in the mid- to late 1990s. But the two businesses that have most of the buzz are Balcony and Telephone. They seem to have their business models finely honed to Soi 4. Lots of chairs facing the soi where everyone just sits down, drinks way too much, banters about and watches everyone else doing exactly the same. I was on Soi 4 Thursday night, two days after Christmas and my first night on town. It was kickin'. DJ …
-
- 10 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A British tourist has been killed in Thailand on New Year's Eve. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20883483 http://uk.news.yahoo.com/brit-tourist-killed-thailand-gang-attack-165318046.html
-
Is the train station within walking distance?
- 8 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
Last night a friend and I had a chance to go to Eros Bar in Sunee Plaza. I was pleasantly surprised at just how many boys were on stage dancing. Most of the boys were fem boys but there were a few more masculine type guy. The place was also pretty packed with customers. There is not stage per say. They have little stands that are spread around the place that the boys rotate around. It was nice to see a flurry of so many guys. The drink prices were very reasonable. I think a Diet Coke was 115 baht and a Heineken was 125 baht. I saw no one that looked underage in the bar and we were there for about 30-40 minutes. All in all, I thought this was a ve…
- 7 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
I hope everyone has a fantastic New Year and many more to come!
-
- 0 replies
- 885 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I took Delta yesterday to Thailand as things changed for me as to when I was leaving and I wasn't able to get on the Korean Air flight I wanted. I used old reliable Delta after I found a great savings for me on a trip which made it worth my while. I started in Texas and then Atlanta, Tokyo and Bangkok. The Atlanta to Tokyo haul was on the new planes with the lie flat beds. SeatGuru had it wrong as I kept trying to figure out if I was sitting next to someone or now. I was not. The lay flat seats really are lay flat and 100% flatness. Even someone like me big and over 6'3" was able to lay flat and comfortable. They are done in a 1-2-1 configuration and I liked…
-
- 12 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have read that Thai law requires one to have their passport with them all times. I do not wish to have any problems with police and will do this but I do not with to loose the passport. Is an International Drivers License the same at the passport if the police ask you for ID?
- 49 replies
- 7.5k views
-
Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE taxi firm from Pattaya to BKK? I've always just booked via LEK travel previously, with no major problems. Last time, the taxi turned up a few minutes late, then refuelled and made a separate stop for a pee. The taxi was some very worn 1980s Japanese crate with a whining axle. So I'm thinking of going elsewhere. Going rate seems to be around 1000, I don't mind paying a little bit extra for reliability and reputation, but don't want to be paying for some high end service. I'm leaving at a time of my choosing, so don't want to be doing mini buses.
-
Funny but as a younger man, I would only pick my companions for the evening if I saw EVERYTHING or nearly everything they had to offer first...but as I grow older, I seem to appreciate the eroticism of a little bit of mystery. I never thought I'd say that but maybe that's why I'm leaning towards beer bars nowadays. I actually like the "what's under all those clothes" speculation quite a bit now. It's a bit like unwrapping a Christmas present, I think. And the naughty attempts to catch a glimpse of the hidden treasures when he sits down or bends over, too...
-
There comes a point when an admin has to make decisions to allow the board to move forward. Of our last 50 reports on threads, 42 have been about one poster. The moderators and I have read each one of them and discussed them and found few of them had any real issues other than anger and hatred for one poster. The vast majority of these "reports" were without merit and from a few posters with an agenda to get rid of a poster. While we do not feel that that the poster has egregiously violated our rules, we do feel his presence here causes irreparable harm to the site and have thus banned him from the site. We have a great group of posters on this site and hope tha…
- 64 replies
- 10.3k views
- 1 follower
-
I have not eaten at the hotel in a very long time. Normally, when I go to the area I eat at Le Cafe Royale. I am not sure why. But, today I booked a table for the street fair with the Ambiance as they had a nice table with a fan over it to keep cool and I ordered their food. I will be honest, I was not expecting it to be great but to my surprise, it was fantastic. I will have to say that I ordered the grilled chicken with mushroom sauce and onion rings. The entire meal was absolutely fabulous. One of the boys ordered some chicken nuggets and a cheeseburger. He enjoyed it. The other one ordered kabobs and they were were very good. I didn't taste the boys …
-
- 7 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
How easy or not is it to get a taxi in from of the hotel, if not easy, where should one walk to to get a taxi?
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was driving on 2nd road today on a motorbike. I had my helmet on. I was driving slow. I had not broken any laws. There was a police stop not far past Royal Garden and before Central Festival. They were stopping mostly foreigners. I was motioned to pull over. I did as requested. The officer asked me for my Driver's License. I showed him my International Driver's License and he said in English that he wanted to see my Thai Driver's License. I told him I did not have one. He started to write a ticket. I told him that the International Driver's License was acceptable according to the law. He said he only accepted the Thai Driver's License and said I would have…
- 26 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
OK - so I've been to Bangkok years ago and always had fun. Now I'm 50; married and needing to be discreet and safe. Will be staying in a high end luxury hotel for 3 days and don't want to waste time. Here are my questions: 1. What are the 'don't miss' go-go bar(s) ? 2. How can I find a really good quality massage (outcall at my hotel) for when I land ? 3. What are the higher end sauna's that have good spa services ? Other tips ? Much appreciated.
-
Now that we have been able to pull all the details together and the Christmas festivities are behind us, TAKE CARE!! is pleased to provide this report of the highly successful 2nd ANNUAL CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISING DINNER held at Bistro Oscar in Jomtien Complex on 22 December 2012. In addition to “MERRY CHRISTMAS” another couple of words have a very pleasant jingle bell ring to them >>>> “SOLD OUT”!!! There were 58 friends, residents and visitors who celebrated the season together and truly supported the efforts of TAKE CARE!! over a delicious 4-course meal served perfectly – even with the pressures of a full house -- by our friends at Bistro Oscar. Entertai…
-
I saw the new movie today a few days before I leave for Thailand, I was not a big fan of the play and went with low expectations. I never thought much of the music except for 2 songs and when I saw it was 2 1/2 hours long, I was sure I would fall asleep. But surprise I did not fall asleep and at times was mesmerized by Hugh Jackmans performance.. Not sure who I'd vote for Best Actor jackman or Daniel Day Lewis in Lincoln. Not a great movie but well worth the price of admission!
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-