Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The 5th season of concerts by the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra kicks off on Saturday 7th November, and Mike at Bar La Cage will once again be organising a minibus trip. The premier is an all Mendelssohn affair that includes his 1st. Piano Concerto and 5th Symphony, "the Reformation". We leave from outside the bar at 12.30. The concert starts at 16.00 ending about 18.00 and we are back in Pattaya around 20.30. There are a few seats still available in the bus and the cost is a mere 300 for the concert ticket and about 450 for a share of the bus cost. Unbelievable value for a day out with a bit of culture! Pop in to see Mike at Bar La Cage for more info or to…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
NEW PG Weekly report now online for October 20, 2009: http://www.pgreport.com (select October 20th and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
i can't resist. I have to share this. I subscribed to True Visions (UBC) back at the beginning of September and finally received my first bill. Of course it was all written in Thai and I could not figure out what any of the numbers referred to. The frustration began when I called True Visions for an explanation and received a recorded message that for English I was to press 9. Dutifully doing so, I next heard a voice menu all in Thai and NO English. I waited in hopes of someone else picking up to no avail. I called back, repeated pressing 9 and got the same recording. I finally called back and pressed any number at random and asked the lady who answered to transfe…
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: for a photo of the billboard, see: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010718 _____ HITLER BILLBOARD PROVOKES INTERNATIONAL CONDEMNATION Pattaya, October 19, 2009, [PDN] a billboard of Adolf Hitler giving the Nazi salute, erected on Sukhumvit Road to advertise the opening of a new Louis Tussaud‘s Waxworks in Royal Garden Plaza, has provoked international condemnation, especially from the Israeli and German ambassadors to Thailand. Louis Tussaud‘s Waxworks MD publically apologised on Sunday, October 18, for the billboard which shows the German dictator, with the caption ‘‘Hitler is Not Y…
-
The following appears in the PATTAYA DAILY NEWS: _____ MUCH VAUNTED AIDS VACCINE RESULTS THROWN INTO DOUBT Pattaya, October 20, 2009, [PDN] The results of the world
-
Krazy Dragon web site up date for October sorry for the delay. Mark.
-
Last night we were cuddled up in bed at around 12:30. The balcony doors were open and we heard a cacophony of shouts coming from Thappraya and one of the roads from the complex. Bolting out of bed and to the balcony we saw a crowd of what looked like over 100 people. My eyes aren't good enough to see what was going on, but my guy said it was composed of farang and Thai in a big brawl. From the sounds we could hear, it sure sounded like he was right (my eyes may be going, but the ears still work!). We watched for about 1/2 hour and discretion ruled that we not go down and see what was actually going on. As far as I could tell, the police never showed up and the fraca…
-
I've been reading the thread GB started about LK restaurant and having now been there twice I agree the place is a great find. I wonder how many others here have made similar discoveries. Let's start a whole new thread where we can find these hidden (and sometimes not so hidden) gems.
-
Now might not be a very good time to plan railroad travel in Thailand. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ 4,000 Stranded in Rail Chaos Passengers Furious as Union Calls More Strikes Published: 19/10/2009 More than 4,000 passengers have been stranded at Surat Thani station after drivers of eight South-bound trains walked off the job, aggravating woes from crippling union stoppages. The latest action came as Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva insisted a major overhaul of the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) might be in order and the SRT board said it was planning an urgent meeting in coming days to discuss the problem. Eight long-h…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
I am moving northeast from Pattaya and have enough personal effects and furniture to need a moving company. Anyone with any experience with a Thai moving company? Thank you.
-
There seems to be 4 catorgories of boyz in Pattaya,underaged,legal age skinny boys,ladyboyz,and bulky guys in boyztown. Now i just read of the pattaya forum of another go go bar opening up in sunee,no doubt having one of these groups,so wont be any different to the others. Has there ever been in Pattaya any theme or speciality type bars. Now obviously there must be a customer base for underaged ,otherwise the owners of these establisments would not operate illegally. And a lot of business competition for you if you are the owner of establishments that have the other 3 groups/types of boyz,that being ladyboyz/fem types,18yo twinks,bulky guys. Now im im wonder…
-
This will probably seem like a strange request but here goes
-
Just read the pg report http://www.pgreport.com And they have a report of a new gayboy movie from the phillipines. The movie front cover has some goodlooking guys on it so it should be a good film to see. Called BOYLETS,its about filipino working boys . Hope this link works to the trailer www.youtube.com/watch?v=UauCP3370eM Anyone know if there is a website i can download the full version? I would like to see it as most of us probaly would but i cannot make a trip to the Phillipines yet.
-
I went to the Thai Consulate today in NYC to drop off my application and passport for a tourist visa. I thought I was going to have to pay but was told there was no charge. Is something strange going on in Thailand that I need to be aware of? Almost nothing is free when it comes to Thailand. I was told that the Thai government was waiving the fee for TOURIST visa through March 2010. I have not been online lately so this is probably old news to you guys but I had to say something about this pleasant surprise for me and a few of my friends that are submitting their visa applications soon.
-
Dear Udon Thani and Pattaya Area American Citizens, The Consular Section of the American Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to inform you of a consular outreach visit to Udon Thani on October 28, 2009, and to Pattaya on November 19, 2009. Please come if you can! In Udon Thani, consular staff will be available to provide services at the following location: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at the Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani, at 277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Road, Muang, Udon Thani, 41000, Thailand. Telephone: 04-234-3555. The following consular services will be available during our outreach visits: * Passport renewal application…
-
NEW PG Weekly Report October 13, 2009 online... http://www.pgweeklyreport.com (choose October 13th and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS
-
(How do you edit the title to correct spelling errors?) Today, I went to renew my 5 year Thai (Car) Driving License in the Pattaya District Office near The Regent's School at Krating Lai. The procedure has changed since I did it 5 years ago and GB reported the procedure a year ago. The paperwork needed is: Passport Copy of Personal details page of passport Copy of TM arrival/departure document usually stapled inside your passport Copy of the arrival stamp into Thailand Copy of Visa, 'O' or 'B' or others, but tourist visa not accepted. A letter of Residency from the Immigration Offices. (Cost 200 baht + 2 photos and a letter or bill/invoice etc. that orig…
-
If u had a choice of any gay hotel to stay in, in phuket , which one would u visit and why?
-
Does anyone know if the latest about John Botting,former expat and owner of Western car rentals. John was very outspoken on some gay boards but always used his real name. I have received an email,which is from a person who has just been to pattaya and he tells me something which has not being confirmed,so i wont write here unless it is confirmed. i know in July 2008 he went back to the UK after suffereing from Cancer with his Laos boyfriend. Aparently he has been sick in the last few months. I will remember him as a great person.
-
Incredibly, while Bangkok was hit with such torrential rains on Tuesday, Pattaya had the driest day we've had in nearly two weeks. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ WET TUESDAY Staying Afloat Published on October 14, 2009 Cars Sink and Pedestrians are Marooned as the Heaviest Rains in Two Decades hit Bangkok The misery of traffic jams left Bangkok drivers wishing they could swap their cars for boats yesterday, as the capital's roads disappeared under water. The long and heavy downpour brought the biggest spike in rainwater levels for more than two decades. Bailing out After driving her husband to work along Srinakarin Road at 1.30pm…
-
Does this sound somewhat familiar? Actually it's a slightly altered and abridged version of a report on today's BBC website with Thaksin's name substituted for Italy's Prime Minister (and football team owner) Silvio Berlusconi. Wasn't Berlusconi one of Thaksin's idols?
-
Bravo to a gentleman and a brave man. he raised 4000 baht in 2 minutes by volunteering to be gunked. The gunkers took great delight and he enjoyed every minute. What a sport!! Thank you so much!!!!
-
NO. NO. I didn't say FUCK Gaybutton. I said MUCK. From GayTingTong: (OOGLEMAN - GAYBUTTON - A CUTE THAI & 3 buckets of foul nasty gunk! Buckets will be auctioned to highest bidder-proceeds to the charity fund . Winners get to gunk their favourite (or otherwise) moderators and the Cute Thai guy! !! You just KNOW you want to!! (Pre party bids accepted!)) Ting &Tongs Annual Forum Party ! 12th October 2009 - From 8pm till LATE! http://www.gaytingto....php?f=2&t=5199
-
-
Well.........does anyone have any experience of the Bangkok s Bangkwang jail? I was once at a bar in jomtiem area and i will never forget overhearing a expat saying to a tourist that when you are driving,its far better to let thais drive you off the road than get into arguments as he had been a visitor to the notorious bangkwang. How would you survive if your a older man. Im not sure if you can pay enough if you get your own room,and TV? Does anyone know if they have the internet in there? I mean some of the expats now in there were claiming they had some sort of "influence "in thai society ,well it didnt seem so. Just because someone/people own a bar etc,i…