Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Started by PattayaMale,

    Ok, I posted it on other boards hoping the owners would notice and buy me a free drink. But it would be great to see some other Pattayans there. Our Grand Opening ceremonies will include: Friday NOV 20 4pm Special monk ceremony--hotel lobby and hotel spirit houses 7pm Opening cocktail reception at lobby and lobby bar 10pm Grand Opening show at PBCM with special guest performers and lots of surprises Saturday NOV 21 9am Gay Day Trip with Asian Plus Travel and the men of PBCM 8pm Grand Opening Ceremonies at Lavender Sky--An Evening Under the Stars with special music, performances, dancing, and more. Includes tour…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I just spent a couple of hours at this specialist eye hospital on Asoke in Bangkok, and want to pass on the experience because I think they are fantastic. I’ve been getting occasional headaches when reading or at the computer for a while (yes, I know – too many posts ). Since I have had a retina problem in the past, I decided to try this hospital rather just have my eyes checked by an opthalmologist in a shop. The doctor could not have been nicer. After a battery of tests, he gave me a prescription for new lenses. But he also noticed something which not even my retina specialist in Hong Kong picked up. He recommended another scan-type test. This showed very clearl…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Guest Mark7711
    Started by Guest Mark7711,

    The next theme night at the Krazy Dragon will be on the 15th of November to coincide with the SPI street party which should be a night of fun for all with nearly 30 bars participating with different events and activities. We will be holding a SNOW NIGHT at the Krazy Dragon so try to pop in and look out for some special promotions ongoing all night long .

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Started by Up2u,

    A friend reports that Helmut has sold the Pagoda in JomTien to a former owner of the New Cafe. Helmut will stay on for a few more months to help with the transition but no major changes are immdediatley planned.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    The NEW PG Weekly Report for November 3, 2009 is online: PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR DONATIONS OF BOOKS, CD'S, DVD'S AND MAGAZINES, PERIODICALS TO THAIS4LIFE BOOKSTORE IN PATTAYA THANK YOU.... http://www.pgreport.com (select November 3rd and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS

    • 0 replies
    • 923 views
  6. Started by Gaybutton,

    Pattaya Players put on a great Halloween celebration at Horseshoe Point. The article has plenty of photos, so click on the link to read the article and see the photos: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010859

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Started by firecat69,

    I know this is an Up to You Question I am quite familiar with the expected tips in Pattaya and Bangkok which are quite different I do not have a good feel for the average tips in Chiang Mai for short time offs and massage. Thanks for any info

    • 45 replies
    • 8.1k views
  8. Guest taylorsquare
    Started by Guest taylorsquare,

    Well.......I was walking down the street in my own City a few weeks ago with my young boyish girlish looking Japanese flatmate. It was an area around several gay venues. Stopping at a pedestrian crossing,we had a carload of young guys drive past shouting things ,i presume at us,from their car windows. They had their fun and kept driving.No harm done,went in one ear and out the other. Possibly if i shouted back or done hand signals it may have ended differently. Only on one occassion can i remember in pattaya where i felt threatened by gay violence was in a baht bus when two shaved head german guys got in when i was sitting with a ladyboy i had offed. They both…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Guest Mark7711
    Started by Guest Mark7711,

    Sorry The Krazy Dragon closed tonight 02/11/09 only night only. Mark.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Started by PattayaMale,

    I have a friend that is now living in Chiang Mai and thought I would go see him and take advantage of the Lavender Hotel since I am seen much written about it. The Lavender had a special rate of about 1000 baht including all taxes. I have not been to CM for at least 7 years and was looking forward to the trip When I arrived at the CM airport a rep from the Lavender was waiting to take me to the hotel. Th car I was picked up in was a new black Honda City. The driver spoke very good English. It seemed that the trip to the hotel lasted less than 10 minutes. The transportation was free. On entering the lobby, I was impressed with the decor. It was nice appointed, brig…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: for photos, see: http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/october/news_17_10_52_2.shtml Note: The article refers to the bar as Y2K. If this was about 2 years ago, that would be correct. The bar changed names and became Look Bar. It recently changed names again and now is the Playboy Bar. _____ Underage Employees and Drug Users Found in Sunee Plaza Boy Bar Police Raid Pattaya, October 17 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : In the early hours of Saturday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Sutum conducted a raid on the Y2K Go-Go Bar located in Soi Sunee Plaza following allegations the venue was employing underage boys. The raid to…

    • 20 replies
    • 4.7k views
  12. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    A friend told me about this service, so I thought that I would get the specifics, and pass on the information. There is a mini-van service that runs -- in both directions -- between the new Central Festival Shopping Mall in Pattaya and two of the Central Department Stores in Bangkok -- Central World and Central Ladprao. The cost is 180 baht and each passenger on the brand new 15-seat mini-vans can have one piece of luggage. To locate the ticket desk and departure point at the Central Festival Shopping Mall in Pattaya enter the mall's front door on Beach Road. Not too far into the mall on the left side (the north side) of the 1st floor is a side exit. The ticket de…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Best Travel Store...SALE! http://www.bt-store.com Right now is an excellent time to visit major Asian cities for two reasons: 1) very low airfares that are poised to gradually increase and 2) nice weather with comfortable temperatures and pleasant humidity. Remember that Asia winter airfares and hotel rates are substantially higher than late autumn ones, and that perfect trip might just slip out of your reach. The low fares we are quoting today include all taxes and surcharges and we guarantee they are the best deals on the market

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. Guest Simon208
    Started by Guest Simon208,

    Hi I need some travel advice. I am ue to arrive in Bangkok next week on an evening flight from London. I have been checking out some websites but have had no luck. What I need to know is this. 1. What other airlines fly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh apart from Air Asia? 2. What are the visa regulations like for a short visit? 3. Has anyone stayed in Quays Hotel in Phnom Penh? also hope to visit Kho Samui 4. Do Air Asia no longer frly there from Bangkok, any other airlines? 5. Any decent hotels close to Chaweng beach area but not in it with a sea view I would be grateful for any advice given. thanks Simon

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Started by Gaybutton,

    I am becoming more and more convinced that resolving immigration woes depends much more upon which officer you're dealing with rather than the actual rules. If there is a problem, I think your chances of resolving them depends on the officer. You'll either be lucky or you won't. This morning I went in to submit my 90-day address report. I was not due to submit it until nearly a month from now, but at the time of the deadline date, according to my GPS, I expect to be hundreds of kilometers from the nearest immigration office. I went in to submit my report today in hopes of not having to interrupt my trip to go way out of my way just to submit an address report. …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  16. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in THE NATION: _____ New Sex Change Regulations Set to Take Effect October 28, 2009 Areeya Milintanapa, a 26yearold transvestite, had hoped to undergo sexual reassignment surgery at a private clinic in Bangkok next year, but her plans have hit a setback - new regulations by the Medical Council of Thailand. The council moved recently to strictly control sex change operations and require that transgender people consult a psychiatrist, live as a woman for a year and receive hormone therapy before being such an operation is allowed. For Areeya the new rules are an inconvenience. "I have already spent my whole life as a woman - since …

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  17. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    NEW PG Weekly Report for October 27, 2009 online... http://www.pgreport.com (select October 27th and click to read) Pattaya News EVENT REPORTS & NEWS • An appeal from Thais4Life • "Fright Night in Pattaya" • Thais4Life Quiz Night at Oscars • Sunee News from a correspondent • The Venue, Jomtien Update • Enjoy Karaoke (Sunee Plaza) Opening Night • News from Sunee Plaza by SuneePlaza.info including FORTHCOMING EVENTS • Deep Bar at Dusit D2 October events Friday "Deep Splash" Saturday "Deep & Dark Party" • Pattaya International Balloon Fiesta 2009 WHAT'S ON • PGF end of season events November 6 "Mr Sexy Body 2009" at The Copa • Amor Res…

    • 0 replies
    • 982 views
  18. Guest aot87
    Started by Guest aot87,

    I intend to fly from bkk to Siem Reap on my next trip to Thailand. Can any one tell me about the visa requirements , i.e. can I obtain one on entry or do I need one before I leave BKK? Also, do I need a photo?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  19. Guest travelerjim
    Started by Guest travelerjim,

    Dear Friends, An American friend has decided to place his newly remodeled Center Condo for sale - due to immediate family health reasons back in America. Center Condos on South Pattaya Road This one bedroom condo is in perfect condition...and ready to move into! Located on the 14th floor and faces east (the best location for coolness and quiet)....it is fully furnished, and features twin high efficiency air conditioners, two leather LazyBoy Recliners, King Size bed, Teak Dining Table/Chairs, extensive Teak Wood decor and doors, a 42" LCD Samsung Flat Screen TV with Surround Sound System, Frost Free double door refrigerator, microwave, electric stove, oven …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  20. Guest taylorsquare
    Started by Guest taylorsquare,

    Well,what can i say.........there was a time when Chiang Mai was dying a slow death on the gay scene.. I remember my first visit there aound 2001 where it was very gayfriendly with ADAMS APPLE,and their jerk off shows,and a few other go go whose drink prices were all under 100b and a boy off fee was 150b. There was even a alley of gay bars called the night bazaar. On my last visit to Chiang Mai,july 2007,it had all changed and gone downhill fast. No more was the ADAMS APPLE,a few go go bars i went to all/most had drink prices from 180b upwards,the go go dancers were mostly fully clothed and not my type. Even only 1 bar in the night bazaar remained open,but no b…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.1k views
  21. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    We've had lots of posts requesting details of budget or moderately priced condos in Pattaya and Jomtien. Anyone have any suggestions for more up-market (and obviously pricier) accommodation? I'm thinking of somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500 Bt per night. Must be bright and airy, get sunshine during the day and - most important of all - be very quiet at night. I usually stay in hotels in Pattaya because my visits are quite short, But later this year I expect to spend 2 - 3 weeks. I did see one of the View Talay villas last Christmas and liked it, but I think they are more than 2,500 Bt.

    • 14 replies
    • 2.8k views
  22. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRIVE THIS? Why Our Trains are Falling Apart Senior Rail Maintenance Technicians Say the Rampant Use of 'Copy' Parts will Lead to More Disasters Published: 25/10/2009 Patching up emergency brakes with cheap copy parts, running infeasible repair schedules and borrowing parts from one train to keep another in service are all part of daily life for train maintenance workers on Thailand's troubled rail system. While a State Railway of Thailand (SRT) fact-finding panel was quick to find human error was the cause of the Oct 5 derailment at Khao Tao, Hua Hin, which left seven dead and 88 inju…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  23. Does anyone remember the Classic Inn - Pattaya? If I remember correctly, the owner's name was Martin. What happened to him? Is the hotel still in operation? Thanks for your replies in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  24. Guest PattayaGayTV
    Started by Guest PattayaGayTV,

    Finally there is a 3rd edition of Pattaya Gay TV. Hopefully we are soon regular with a weekly report, but we are just at the beginning and there are many things to organize. We promise to get better soon. Have a look www.pattayagaytv.com

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  25. Guest lvdkeyes
    Started by Guest lvdkeyes,

    What was going on today that the traffic was so horrendous? We went to Central Festival to see a movie via Carrefour. After the movie we went to Friendship than back home to Jomtien. The traffic was nuts going and coming home.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.