Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The first time I went on a Visa Run I went South from Pattaya,with Bri and Joy's to Cambodia,paid 2000baht and it all went smoothly without a hitch. I'm wondering if I can do it myself just as efficiently in a hired car. There did seem to be a good deal of form-filling but I can write, so that shouldn't be too difficult, should it? Do I need to obtain forms before I go? The first problem is where exactly is the immigration post we visited. I can't find it on the map but its in my Passport as "PONG NAM RON", Thailand. its just a little further on than TRAT but I cannot remember if its signposted and there were a lot of twists and turns. The main border crossing d…
-
Was in Krazy 2 nights ago and got a flier for their latest promotion. It will be this Friday and called the Beautiful Boxer contest. I met one real boxer there last month and he is yummy and I hope he takes the prize. Drop in for a fun night at Krazy. Beautiful Boxer contest at Krazy Dragon this Friday, September 12th. Krazy dragon 273/13-15 soi Yensabai, Sunee Plaza Moo 10, Pratamnak Road, Pattaya City Banglamung , Chonburi, Thailand Tel: 086-867-1265 Khun Pooh E-mail: krazydragon@yahoo.com http://www.krazy-dragon.com 12th SEPTEMBER 2008 http://www.krazy-dragon.com
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
From what I have read, even if he resigns the Thai parliament can restore him to office if they so choose. The story just broke less than ten minutes prior to this post, so it will be a little while before many details come out, but here's what's being reported so far in THE NATION: _____ SAMAK FOUND GUILTY By The Nation online 4.30 pm: Urgent: The Court Finds Samak Guilty Six judges considered Samak to be the "employee" while three others considered Samak a business partner of the studio, a constitutional offence in both cases. The court said evidence presented by Samak that he was only given transport fees for hosting the show "contradict…
-
Hi all. I need some assistance from the expats living in Pattaya. I am about to become one. Have a property and foresee the need for hiring some trades people. ie: carpenters, electricians, painters, plumbers, tile installers, etc. Has anyone used someone in the Pattaya area that they would recommend. (I find that this is usually the best way to find good craftsmen...by recommend.) Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
-
When overseas, I love to watch some American movies, tv shows, etc and listen to my music. I download quite a bit when I travel. I have always used Itunes as it is legal and the easiest way to download music I have found. The new version of Itunes has a Genius bar which has to be activated on your computer. It reads your music, sends it to Apple and makes lists based on similar songs. This morning when I went to the gym, I wanted to take my Ipod so I picked one upbeat song I like to run to and had my Genius Bar make a play list of 100 songs that are similar. I simply then hit Make New Playllst and it was done. I synced it with my Ipod and I was good to go. The res…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Read this article yesterday and it had many interesting statistics. The one that stood out the most was sex workers making over 20,000 bath a month. I can see from my visits to the girl bars that average 2500 up for a short time how these numbers are pretty accurate and that is in Pattaya. I have heard even higher prices in Bangkok. I spoke to the BF and he said that most of his friends that work in the gay bars do NOT make that kind of money. What do you think the average for a guy is in this industry? Drug abuse, prostitution still the country's woes By The Nation Published on September 9, 2008 The country is suffering from widespread drug abuse and …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
We just arrived home from the performance of Death and Deceit on the Nile at Indian By Nature restaurant. Congratulations to The Pattaya Players. It was a wonderfully fun night out. The food was excellent, albeit smallish portions. Anyone fortunate enough to have tickets for tomorrow's performance is guaranteed a good time. I won't reveal who committed the murders. Enjoy it!!!
-
The newly done Copa (formally Throb/Splash) is simply beautiful. The owners really are putting a great deal of money and effort into making this place a showcase for Boyztown and Pattaya. Hopefully, those of you visiting Pattaya will drop in and take a look at this place and support a great local group of guys! Keep up the great work Copa!
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Stef is a yoga guy and I promised him I would try it with him as we are working on a survey of all the gyms in Pattaya. We went to California Wow a few days back and tried the Hot Yoga. It is done by a Master instructor from India. I have done Yoga a great deal in the USA but this was my first Hot Yoga class done in this style. The room is heated to 37 degrees Celsius. I think it is much hotter in USA. The place was packed and mostly with Thais. The Instructor spoke English and was very thorough. The class was a great deal of fun although it was a bit difficult for me and the boy specials I took with me. It was fun to watch Stef (who is even taller than I am grab…
-
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ PAD to Continue Protest Despite Court Ruling (BangkokPost.com) – People’s Alliance for Democracy (PAD) released a statement on Tuesday night, saying that it would continue its anti-government protest as it has proven that the group played an important role in opposing the government that has violated the charter. The statement was released several hours after the Constitution Court ruled that Samak Sundaravej violated the constitution by hosting cooking shows on commercial television and ordered him to step down. PAD coordinator Suriyasai Katasila said the rally needs to go on as the group would like t…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Plenty of bizarre things happen in Thailand. This could wind up being in the top 10. Samak thus far has been able to resist the riots, the building take-overs, the media calling for his resignation, etc. Would you believe the thing that might finally do him in might be because he appeared on a cooking show? I would have thought the media could at least let us know what he cooked . . . besides possibly his own goose. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Samak's Perfect Stew (BangkokPost.com, with Agency reports) Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej told the Constitution Court on Monday that he cooked for TV because he enjoyed it, not as…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2008090...2082249400.html _____ Nicolas Cage Bombs at Box Office with "Bangkok" Sunday September 7 2:21 PM ET Less than a year after starring in the biggest movie of his volatile career, Nicolas Cage led the North American box office to its worst weekend in five years on Sunday with one of his weakest. "Bangkok Dangerous," a thriller in which the 44-year-old actor plays a jaded assassin, opened at No. 1 with estimated three-day earnings of just $7.8 million, distributor Lionsgate said. While no one was expecting it to be a hit, industry observers had predicted it would earn more than $10 million. The last box o…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.9k views
-
-
Stef is back in Thailand for a visit. As always it is great to see him. He has charm and wit and a very sweet man! Welcome back Stef. You were missed greatly!
-
Seems like the raids and pedo arrest have eased up. The drug suppression is still going on but has also spread to other areas of the city and not just sunee which is a good thing. Do you think the recently released numbers on tourist declines have had any impact on the raids? With tourist numbers down 30% according to their figures ( much higher by business owners acctounts)are the city leaders rethinking the harrasment of business and their clients? The high profile pedo arrest are not so high profile once the actual arrest occurs, so is this just a grand standing act for the countrys image or just a means to line the pockets of the BIB?
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ PM to Explain National Situation at UN Meeting (BangkokPost.com) - Prime Minister and Defence Minister Samak Sundaravej spoke during his weekly talk show on the state-run National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT) channel on Sunday that he plans to explain Thailand’s civil strife at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly session, which is scheduled to convene on September 23. Mr Samak said he is not afraid that a coup will take place after his departure to the UN General Assembly, similar to the 2006 military coup that was staged while ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra attended the UN conference. …
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
One of my boy specials went to see his friend in the hospital yesterday but she was released. He was pregnant and had a baby that was 2 months premature. The baby needed to stay in the hospital for at least 3 weeks to get strength. However, the family did not have the money so the mother and baby were sent home after a few days. The father is a boy that works in the Plaza. It is sad that a hospital would release a new baby that needs treatment and a dinner conversation focused on why they were sent home and they were all adamant that if no money, you cannot stay at hospital no matter what. Sad that this is the law here as it would seem in the best interest of the co…
-
THE NATION just reported a building collapse in Pattaya, with injuries. So far nothing has been said about which building, where, or what happened. I'll post more information when it becomes available. In the meantime, here is the one-sentence story as published: _____ A building of five-star hotel in Pattaya which is under construction collapse on Thursday morning, injuring many workers.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The Thai government is calling for a national referendum that in essence asks the populace whether they wish for the current government to remain in office or step down. At the time of this writing there has been no reaction yet from the PAD. There is also no word at this point as to when such a referendum will take place or what the Samak government will actually do if the referendum is not favorable to them. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Referendum on the Crisis The government on Thursday approved an up-or-down national vote of confidence with a referendum that will ask every voting citizen the question: Do you want the government t…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Two Ramkamhaeng University Students Shot on the way to PM's Residence Two Ramkamhaeng University students were shot as they and other students were marching to residence of prime minister in Buengkhum district. Ladprao police chief Pol Col Somsak Bunsaeng said two men on a motorcycle shot the students, injuring two. The injured were among about 100 students who marched to Samak's residence to protest against his government. The shooting happened although police have provided safety along the way. The march started from the university through Lamsalee Intersection to Soi Nawamin 81 where his residen…
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Looking for a good Lawyer to prepare a Will for both me and my Partner. Anyone had experience of doing this in LoS? Cheers
-
- 20 replies
- 6.1k views
-
-
The tourism industry in Pattaya had plenty to fear in the first place, long before any of the present political turmoil got started. Business has been terrible for months. I was in some of the bars this evening. Plenty of boys, very few customers. Now, as a result of the current upheaval, things are expected to get much worse. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: _____ Fears for the Pattaya Tourism Industry from Local Tourism Authority Chief On Wednesday we spoke with Khun Niti, Director of the Region 3 office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) regarding the effect on tourism in relation to the political crisis now occurring in Bangkok and ot…
-
I saw this last night with the boyfriend and really enjoyed it. It is a great action movie and has lots of scenes from Bangkok we knew. The part Thai language spoken is also interesting and made it even more enjoyable. It is not an academy award winner but it is worth seeing!
-
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Despite the rumors that circulated yesterday, Prime Minister Samak announced he has no intention of resigning. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Samak Denies He Plans to Resign Speaking live on Radio Thailand, Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej denied that he planned to announce his resignation on radio Thursday morning. "How could I resign? I cannot resign," Samak said. "How could I resign? I cannot resign," Samak said. "I will stay on to protect democracy of this country. The whole world is watching us." The Nation __________ The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Samak Stays On Prime Minister Samak…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Rumours had it throughout the day that Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej was granted an audience with His Majesty the King to inform His Majesty of his intention to resign. The rumours said Samak had booked time slot of Radio Thailand at 7:30 am to announce his resignation. The Nation http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30082501
-
- 1 reply
- 1.3k views
-
-
Myanmar for the tourist, Part II of Burma as a tourist is a wonderful piece and wanted to make sure that all here look over in that forum for this posting. Some great information there!