Gay Thailand
This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.
Subforums
11,067 topics in this forum
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Two Dead, Many Hurt A man was killed on Tuesday in a mysterious explosion in a Jeep Cherokee, and a woman died of unexplained chest injuries. A man carrying a small bomb in his pocket and a policeman skewered by an iron flag pole were among the most seriously injured. By Post Reporters A man and a woman were killed and 358 other people injured during violent clashes between police and supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) yesterday, according to the Public Health Ministry. The injured were being treated at BMA Medical College and the Vajira, Central, Chulalongkorn, King Mongkut, …
-
This is late breaking news. I imagine more details will be available later. The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Deputy PM Chavalit Resigns Deputy Prime Minister Gen Chavalit Yongchaiyudh tendered his resignation on Tuesday to take responsibility on police's use of forces and tear gas on anti-government protesters. Gen Chavalit is deputy prime minister in charge of security. Police fired tear gas and used forces to disperse the protesters who blocked and surrounded the Parliament on Tuesday morning. They wanted to block access of Members of Parliament to the Parliament to attend policy debate of Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawats' governm…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
While the Asian markets are falling, the US dollar is gaining strength in Thailand. At the moment of this post the exchange rate for the US dollar in Thailand is 34.20, the best it's been in many months. The following report is from AP: _____ Asian Markets Plunge on Fears Crisis is Spreading By ALEX KENNEDY, Associated Press Writer Asian stock markets plunged Monday as investors took scant comfort from Washington's passage of a $700 billion bank bailout and focused instead on deepening financial turmoil in Europe that threatens to slow global growth. Traders were spooked by Germany's announcement Sunday of a new bailout package totaling 50 bil…
-
Several stories are being reported now, too many for me to cut and paste them all here. Instead I am referring you to the online media to see for yourselves. http://www.nationmultimedia.com (Opening page has slide show of this morning's tear gas attack) http://www.bangkokpost.com http://enews.mcot.net Obviously there will even more news of this type by evening. Obviously, this is going to have a much more detrimental effect on Thailand's tourism and economy. So far the US embassy has not published any travel advisories (that's the only embassy web site I checked), but I expect a warning to be issued if this keeps up.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Police Break up Parliament's Blockade with Tear Gases By The Nation Dozens of protesters injured; one lost leg, one reporter injured; opposition may boycott policy debate Police fire dozens of tear gases at protesters, who staged a blockade outside Parliament at 6:20 am, injuring dozens of demonstrators. A protester lost his leg because of the explosion of the tear gases during the disperse and one reporter was injured. The firing of tear gases managed to open an access to Parliament at the gate on Phichai Road. Leading members of the People's Alliance for Democracy urged the protesters to …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ Peace Efforts Collapse By The Nation Published on October 6, 2008 Chamlong Said Truce Talks Canceled; Protesters Continue Seizing Government House More protesters poured into Government House yesterday as fledging attempts to end the political crisis crumbled with the arrest of anti-government leader Chamlong Srimuang. Chamlong, the most important People's Alliance for Democracy leader alongside Sondhi Limthongkul, sent a message to the PAD after his arrest that the movement shall cancel any planned talk with the government. "After his arrest he called us," said Suriyasai Katasila, another PAD co…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I'm wondering if the economic chaos, especially following the failed USA bailout package and subsequent worldwide stock market crash, is going to cause people's travel plans to change. Are any of you postponing, canceling, or otherwise amending your travel to Thailand plans?
-
The following appears in THE NATION: _____ TENSION FLARES AGAIN CHAMLONG ARRESTED Published on October 5, 2008 Political peace efforts suffer another big blow with arrest of key leader Chamlong Srimuang Chamlong Srimuang, a key leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, was arrested this morning at an election booth in Bangkok. Eye-witnesses said Chamlong was detained at the election booth at the Seth Sathien School in Sam Sen area of Dusit district where he went to cast the vote in the gubernatorial election. Police arrested him at 8 am when the polling station opened. His arrest came after the first of the nine PAD core members…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I guess I'm not the only one on this board who needs to take Viagra (or similar). The question is: When do you take it? It takes 90 minutes to work on me and so if I see a guy I want to have sex with, then take the pill, by the time its taken effect something may have happened to make the sex not occur. I'd like to know other people's experiences because I'm wasting a lot of pills. It's not the cost of them, it's that when I take one and then don't have sex I get blood pressure problems for a day or two after and my feet swell up (go figure that one, doc) but if I take a pill and then have sex there's no after effect; everything is just great. Example 1. …
-
I received a flier from MaxNet. Naturally it was written entirely in Thai, but I could see that they were offering some sort of new package. I went to their office on the second floor at Carrefour to find out what's being offered. I'm glad I did. I had been paying 1000 baht per month for 1024/512 speed, which was fine for me. What their flier offers is their "Premier Package", which gives you up to 2M speed for 1100 baht per month. I don't know what the hell 2M means, but for an additional 100 baht per month I decided to give it a try. Now I'm getting nearly double the speed I was getting before. I don't even get those annoying delays anymore when I look a…
-
I received an e mail from GT Admin. (supposedly) saying I had received a personal message from someone regarding "Macau" I did not have a message in my GT box. I tried to do a PROFILE SEARCH, but it won't go through. It just locks up. Am I doing something wrong or was this e mail not really from GT?
-
I just noticed on thaivisa.com that there is talk of a new immigration card for those who travel in and out of Thailand 3 to 5 times a year. Here is the news from that website: Thailand to issue new immigration card BANGKOK: -- A new immigration card will be introduced for use by those going in and out of Thailand by the end of this year, said Immigration Police chief Pol. Lt-Gen. Chatchawan Suksomchit. Holders of the Immigration Card will include those who travel in and out of the country three to five times in a year, regardless of their nationality. The Immigration Card holders, Thai and foreign alike, will bypass normal procedures of the Immigrati…
-
Should be an interesting debate. Biden in long winded and Palin hasn't done so well on interviews, including not being willing or able to say what newspapers she read before beig picked as VP. Her church cures people of being gay, and prays them back to being striaght. Biden has done well on gay rights. Hope Biden does Well!!
-
It is my understanding that. 1) The Taksin government introduced a "30 baht" healthcare scheme for Thai people, but this was limited to treatment provided in the area in which the patient was registered 2) a subsequent governement removed the home area restriction, so that healthcare is now available "free" to all Thai people. Is this true, or have I got it totally wrong? Advice/answers greatfully received. Thanks
-
Secret Cameras in Boyz Town & Sunee Tonight on Thai Channel 7 at 8 p.m. there was a short documentary about prostitute boys working in bars in both Boyz Town and Sunee Plaza. Channel 7 must have been walking around the two venues with a secret hidden camera, probably in a bag of some sort, during the last few days. They showed the entrance to Boyz Town and the outside of bars like A Bomb, Wild West Boys etc. Also they showed the inside of Wild West Boys. Showed farang faces, some of which I recognize, sitting with boys. The Go Go Boys were made blurred but everything else was shown fully, especially the farangs. Tomorrow is a second part. The last thing t…
-
The Sleep Clinic at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is well worth a trip for those in need of a sleep study. Here are a few things I learned from this trip. The Sleep Study for sleep apnea cost 14,000 bath for a night at the hospital. That is a good price as the quotes I had from LA were 8,000 USD. This was a significant difference so I decided to do it in Thailand. I had to go to see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor in order to get an appointment for this study. It costs 700 baht for this even though I was told there would be no charge. I had tried on the phone to get in touch with them many times for information but no one ever seemed to know what I was talking abou…
-
The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Somchai Charged Less than two weeks after being elected prime minister, Somchai Wongsawat could lose the post and his seat in parliament over another shares scandal. Senator Ruangkrai Leekijwattana charged at the Election Commission on Monday that Mr Somchai helds 100,000 shares in a listed telcommunications company, CS Loxinfo, which does business with a state enterprise. According to the senator, Mr Somchai held 100,000 shares worth 368,000 baht in the firm, which operates under a concession granted by CAT Telecom. Mr Somchai made a brief public statement to the press. He said he would adhere to…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
There are two common complaints. One is that the local news media never follows up on a pedophile story. The other is that farang are automatically guilty simply because they are farang. Not this time. The following appears in PATTAYA ONE: ( see http://www.pattayaone.net/news_26_09_51_4.html for photos) _____ Suspect Cleared by the Courts in Recent Pedophole Case The Pattaya Court has rejected the case against Mr. Luc Jean Marie Vos from Holland and the public prosecutor will not sue him for the allegation of indecent behaviour towards an underage boy because of a false allegation. The boy involved confirmed in a second investigation by the police…
-
Thank you to everyone I met and spent time with over the past many months. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I had a great time every day and I do envy those that are able to afford to stay there year round and have the party day and night. I learned many things on this trip and tried many things I had never experienced. Still, the BF and I are going strong and I don't expect that to change any time in the near future. He is the main reason for my return to Pattaya each year. If not for him, I think Chiang Mai is more suited for me and I love the climate and the atmosphere there. When in Pattaya I often get sucked into the vacuum of go go go go go do do do …
-
What's up with Baht Stop. I cannot see how to contact the mod's when not a member. I have tried to register a few time. Seemed OK but then when I try a day after I cannot log in. What's up doc ??? Can any mod help me. Gordon.
-
I'm placing this on the primary message board for those of you who may have accounts with Washington Mutual and are in Thailand. I have no idea how this news might affect you, but here it is: _____ WaMu Becomes Biggest Bank to Fail in US History By MADLEN READ, AP Business Writer As the debate over a $700 billion bank bailout rages on in Washington, one of the nation's largest banks — Washington Mutual Inc. — has collapsed under the weight of its enormous bad bets on the mortgage market. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. seized WaMu on Thursday, and then sold the thrift's banking assets to JPMorgan Chase & Co. for $1.9 billion. Seattl…
-
Apparently there has been no reconciliation between the PAD and the new Prime Minister. The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ PAD 'to close airports' Supporters of the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) said on Friday they will close five airports in the South to try to stop a visit by new Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat to his home town. The five airports are Hat Yai, Krabi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Phuket. PAD said they will close all of them with human barricades to prevent a visit by Mr Somchai scheduled for Saturday. Mr Somchai planned to visit his hometown in Surat Thani province to celebrate bei…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I just read on CNBC that Paul Newman died Friday night at 83 from cancer. Sad!!
-
Wanted to remind everyone that they can watch the first presidential debate at 0800 Thai Time Saturday morning (Friday evening, 2100 EDT).
-
I have a hell of a time with mosquitoes and they seem to love me. In order to get rid of them, I bought a few bug killer contraptions. I thought they might work but they didn't and were useless. I asked the boyfriend about them and he said, "well, the mosquito catcher is written in English and Thai mosquitoes have a hard time understanding they are supposed to go inside and die. Do you want me to put a Thai translation on it for you?" he said with a smile.