TotallyOz

Nation weeps over His Majesty's departure

Guest rappa999

maybe a sad day for tourist too?, just heard on skynews in UK that there will be one year's mourning for government staff and in that time entertainment venues will be expected to tone down, surely not as Thailand needs its tourism?

Guest ronnie4you

This will be the moment when those in power who oppose the sex trade can make their moves,. Will it be money, morals, or the need for tourism? I think most Thais see it as a harmless activity, wives especially. But I don't really know a thing!

Guest rappa999

The Nation weeps over the Departure of the King and some people on this forum weep over the closing of bars. 

Show some respect and post such comments elsewhere.

really, I thought this was a forum mostly or entirely about gay sex and relationships in Thailand, I read no insensitive remarks, about the passing of the King, some people try and be high and mighty as if there are somehow different or better.....hypocrite!

I am sure kokopelli, if I go through your posts I'll find a few things that would not be regarded as the best behaviour to the outside world, so spare us the sanctimonious posts as if you are some kind of saint!

we are all sad about the king of thailand but we are also sex tourists otherwise we would not

enter this site, maybe in your high righteousness kokopelli you forgot this?

Guest rappa999

I love it when someone who has been a member for 60 days criticizes a member of 7 years .  I wonder how many times he has attended the Kings Birthday celebration and procession down the river. I wonder if he has any knowledge of the deep love that the Thai people have for their King.  Anyone who thinks this Forum is only about Sex fails to read the thousands of other posts commenting on the culture , religious beliefs etc etc.

It is true there are many posts that pertain to Sex but there are many other Topics for anyone who manages to read the various posts .

Anyone who has been visiting for years understands the importance of this King and many members of this Forum have BF's and find other topics at least as interesting as the pure Sex Topics.

I'll admit the trip sex reports get the most views but most of those views tend to be from non- members .  The many long time members here that actually understand the people as well as they can, along with the religion and culture understand how devastating the loss of the King is.

Moneyboys will continue to exist in one form or another for years but at least I am one who likes posts that understand the deep loss and not worried about when the GoGo Bars will be open with live Sex etc.

really?

this is a quote only yesterday from kokopelli

"It would be no enjoyment for me if the gay scene were gone. I enjoy the go-go bars and host/beer bars and massage houses and their loss would be devastating."

it's pretty clear why this guy comes to Thailand, so firecat69 it does not need to be 60 day member or 6000 day member to realise when someone's head is up their arse

it may not as you say be all about sex for you firecat69? but kokopelli's post from only yesterday

makes it clear that it is for him...........for me it's totally about sex.

Guest rappa999

I feel that we should be able to talk about bar closings and the after math as long as we remain respectful. 

I read no one being disrespectful towards the late and much loved king of thailand, of course not

I do read long term members being disrespectful to other members merely because they have genuine

concerns about the impact on their sex holiday and chose to mention it on this forum.

It seems that there may be official announcements from tomorrow onwards about mourning arrangements and how those might impact, inter alia, on local business and entertainment venues.

Hopefully those will lend some clarity about how they will affect the situation 'on the ground' for Thais and farang alike.

we are all sad about the king of thailand but we are also sex tourists otherwise we would not
enter this site, maybe in your high righteousness... you forgot this?

-- and --

it may not as you say be all about sex for you ... for me it's totally about sex

If it's totally about sex for you, good... be safe and have at it.  Merely being a member of this forum doesn't make one a sex tourist. What you or anyone else says in a different thread doesn't enter in to it in this one. This thread is about a nation in mourning. 

Just my two satang.

Guest rappa999

If it's totally about sex for you, good... be safe and have at it.  Merely being a member of this forum doesn't make one a sex tourist. What you or anyone else says in a different thread doesn't enter in to it in this one. This thread is about a nation in mourning. 

Just my two satang.

"Getting head without a condom on isn't nearly as pleasurable as receiving it without, but if your masseur has taken a (viral) load from an infected customer recently, you're at risk yourself."

to quote you baobao from 2 months ago....... sounds like a sex tourist to me

spare me the self righteous bullshit, I joined this excellent forum 2 months ago, some of the sexual things

I've read have shocked and surprised me but what 2 or even more consenting adults do willingly is entirely

up to them but the forum is jam packed full of you guys talking about your sexual exploits.

now with today's sad news some travelers are worried about the effect on their upcoming holiday but low

and behold some on here aren't even sex tourists any more, they come here for the culture? and critcise

the mere fact that someone can selfishly be concerned about their holiday.

you guys have been writing about your sexual exploits as sex tourists and taking advantage of young thais (from a 3rd world country) for years, now your all good guys feeling sorry for the Thai nation, when really

your main concern is yourself and your pleasure which you will no doubt be indulging in fairly soon

with more young Thais despite how upset you claim to be?

save your crocodile tears, your in thailand because the cheap plentiful sex on offer you cannot

find anywhere comparable, especially your home country, so you travel to thailand for this cheap

plentiful sex.....sex tourist by definition...unless you've been making up all these sex stories I've

been enjoying reading and are actually here for the culture?.......I think not!

Wow this went down hill pretty fast.  

Have to admit I don't think anyone was being disrespectful.  Also, the often repeated suggestion that longevity on the board equates with some kind of superiority is a bit childish.  Some people seem to be involved in these kind of clashes a lot more than others.

With a view to keeping things civil maybe the practical stuff about various venues being open or closed might be worth continuing on the "announcement thread"?

"Getting head without a condom on isn't nearly as pleasurable as receiving it without, but if your masseur has taken a (viral) load from an infected customer recently, you're at risk yourself."

spare me the self righteous bullshit, I joined this excellent forum 2 months ago, some of the sexual things

I've read have shocked and surprised me but what 2 or even more consenting adults do willingly is entirely

up to them but the forum is jam packed full of you guys talking about your sexual exploits.

now with today's sad news some travelers are worried about the effect on their upcoming holiday but low

and behold some on here aren't even sex tourists any more, they come here for the culture? and critcise

the mere fact that someone can selfishly be concerned about their holiday.

you guys have been writing about your sexual exploits as sex tourists and taking advantage of young thais (from a 3rd world country) for years, now your all good guys feeling sorry for the Thai nation, when really

your main concern is yourself and your pleasure which you will no doubt be indulging in fairly soon

with more young Thais despite how upset you claim to be?

save your crocodile tears, your in thailand because the cheap plentiful sex on offer you cannot

find anywhere comparable, especially your home country, so you travel to thailand for this cheap

plentiful sex.....sex tourist by definition...unless you've been making up all these sex stories I've

been enjoying reading and are actually here for the culture?.......I think not!

You make so many ridiculous statements, it is hard to keep up with them.  I certainly come here for the cute available cheap sex but over 15 years I have come to realize just how important  the King was to the Thai people. Far too many reasons that I don't understand fully but I recognize the love and the feeling of loss that all Thai people feel.

As far as cheap available Sex not being  comparable anywhere else in the world, you probably better travel more.

Brazil, Cuba, Mexico, Colombia and many other Asian countries where it is just as available and if not quite as cheap that the distances to travel are much shorter and cheaper. Now if you wanted to preface your argument regarding those that like Rice Queens make a slight bit truer. But then Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Vietnam , Bali and more all fit the bill.

So basically your argument is ridiculous!

I think the entertainment "toning down" is supposed to last for this first month. No "festivities" I think I read somewhere. I know that some music festivals and high profile concerts are to be canceled or postponed.

It's still the first day so I think it will take some time for everyone to figure out what's going on.

I did read in the Post that all TV channels will be broadcasting the official palace video in monochrome for a month, including foreign satellite channels. But the internet is supposed to be operating as usual. 

Ooh... a fan! Thank you. :air_kiss:

I was just stating a well known fact, but as long as you're indexing my posts here (or any of the 800+ on my blog), show me where I've stated I've had sex with a Paid Admirer in Thailand, would you?  I'll wait.

But, back on topic - it looks like the HRH the Prince is going to take a break before becoming Rama X.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/asia/thailand-crown-prince-king-dies/

It is inappropriate for this particular thread above all others to degenerate into a war of words between members.

There will be two opposing views between members who come here once or twice a year for their holidays and are fearful their well earned vacation will be spoilt or not live up to expectations, and there are those of us who live here, or have long term Thai partners, who understand how much His Majesty was genuinely loved and respected by the vast majority of Thai people, far beyond what we can comprehend in The West (although the grief after Princess Dianas death perhaps came close).

I can understand the former's frustrations but ask them to please respect the Thai people in their time of grief.

If it's any consolation, this being Thailand the closing of entertainment venues may not last as long as publicised.

Guest Hutchison

Reliable Thai sources (not in the sex trade) have reported that entertainment will be wound down for a month. All government workers (and ex-workers who receive a pension), including nurses and teachers, will be required to wear all black or all white during the first 12 months of mourning.