Vessey

Vessey's August Adventures

Ok, first of all apologies for being a bit of a 'drama queen' with my last post, but Kokopelli's attacks left me feeling entirely discouraged from posting any more - as no doubt they were intended to. But, on reflection, I probably need to 'grow a pair', stop allowing myself to feel intimidated by him, and instead tackle his attacks head on.

In this post that Kokopelli has been so very critical of, I have related my visits to four establishments and in each case I had a great time and met some lovely people. I have neither said anything bad about any of these establishments, nor about any of the boys; quite the contrary in fact.

If people enjoy my trip reports then of course I feel personally gratified, but if as a consequence I have played a small part in encouraging others to seek out these same places, they I would feel doubly gratified.

So Kokopelli I shall continue to post and if you feel that my posts contravene the rules of this forum then please go ahead report them for moderation, or better still just ignore this thread if the contents offend you that much.

Vassey, first of all I am not attacking you! Obviously there are those on this forum who enjoy reading your sexually explicit posts and photos. So be it. But you are giving way too much info to anyone that wishes to exploit that info to their own benefit, such as the police and their farang snitches. Loose lips sink ships. As I mentioned in a previous post, Eros was the focus of a police/undercover raid to extort them, so why give them more fodder? Also your naming of  a Guest House and employees in what is consider prostitution is misguided. But go ahead and satisfy your desire to promote your adventures and feed those who enjoy it.  But, if and when, these venues and their employees are raided and fined, will you be there to back them up with some money?

Actually I had you on Ignore for quite some time but had forgotten why. Think it was the ladyboy photos but not sure about that..

Case closed. I had my say, for what it is worth, and now  continue as you may without further comment from me.

Thank you very much for your report which I greatly enjoyed reading!

The points raised by kokopelli have some merit, but should be discussed in a separate thread. As others have mentioned already, the police does not have to read the forum to know what's going on and to justify tea money.

For me, the details provided are just right (although I am usually a bit less detailed in my reports).

More power to you, and I wish you many more trips to Thailand with trip reports of this style.

The points raised by kokopelli have some merit, but should be discussed in a separate thread. As others have mentioned already, the police does not have to read the forum to know what's going on and to justify tea money.

Agree with you Christian that a separate thread would be most appropriate means to discuss this issue. 

But in case of Eros and Colonial Bar it was not "tea" money, there were substantial fines involved for prostitution. Of course where those fines went is another matter, more like pocket money.

Vessey, great report as always, just continue and don't be discouraged by the occasional flak you draw. :)

Everyone and their mother knows what's going on in these bars. And has known since decades. Suggesting anything else is just nonsense. These bars have been raided and they will be raided again. All part of doing that kind of business there.

And has known since decades. Suggesting anything else is just nonsense. These bars have been raided and they will be raided again. All part of doing that kind of business there.

I agree. Thailand has had a reputation for sex and full-on prostitution for as long as I can remember. The authorities do not need to read trip reports on forums such as these to know what goes on in their own country.

Koko, as Alexx says, it's all just part of doing that kind of business and those fines which you suggested probably went into someone's pocket are a perfect example. Those costs are simply reflected in drink prices and off fees. And even though it costs us more in the end, we can afford it. It's a win,win situation for all parties involved.

I only post names of the boys if they give me permission to do so. Most don't, but for those who do, I know it's been good for their business. More recommendations from me = more customers = more income. Happy, happy!