forky123

Derailing of Threads

I find that "derail threads" is a lame excuse, since there are so many threads that can be started, and the ones I know that were "derailed" returned to their course without problems. I find it ugly when members snitch on other members and start threads to blow up an incident of verbal fighting. The job of the moderator is to be current with all the posting here, and Scooby seems quite capable to identify the incident and take action without people complaining. We should be a COMMUNITY, not a gang of righteous people who converse as they please and then take it out against individuals who they don't like because they are of stronger character. Note that in this case it is also a gang against an individual, who tried to get samebb banned like he is an outsider. I read exactly the same posts you did, and I would not like to complain to the moderator. In a community, the good and the bad need to have a chance to live, and here we are fortunate to have a moderator who keeps the peace so that we don't have to do it ourselves.

When threads get derailed and locked because people can't disagree without name calling and denigrating the opinion of others it punishes everyone. Suspensions only work if people accidentally overstep the mark and don't go out of their way to be offensive. Where someone is suspended, comes back and doesn't regulate their behaviour then the moderator has to decide if further suspensions are appropriate or a ban.

This thread was not created to "snitch" on anyone, all I asked was that people stop the personal attacks so threads weren't locked and I asked Scooby to consider suspensions or bans for serial offenders rather than punishing everyone by locking the threads. People who rely on such attacks, innuendo and downright nastiness to enforce their points are by no means stronger characters, quite the reverse.

Samebb is a colourful character indeed but he absolutely isn't a troll his language sometimes crossed the line but his contribution to the forum was great with lots of priceless information and useful advices I certainly don't agree with his impolite language sometimes but

I think he deserves a second chance, a suspension is more appropriate in his case than a complete ban.

....A person who consistently posts here for years also makes an INVESTMENT of his time and interests. ..........

that's novelty to me , I post here for few years and do it often but never thought about time spent on forum as an investment of any kind , rather I do it because I have fun doing so and don't expect anything else in return. But I expect that if somebody doesn't agree with me or doesn't like what I say says so without resorting to insults or name calling.

Somehow I was spared samebb wrath but did not like when he was trying to level others off just because they did not see things way he did.

I doubt samebb thought about his posts as investments as well but if he did,  it looks it was poor investment.

Vinapu,  we all value our time differently, and if you don't value yours, this is fine. 

I don't know if samebb's wrath needs to be spared.  I was spared the wrath of hurricane Harvey, and my sister was saved the wrath of hurricane Irma. We are immensely thankful to nature for that.  As for samebb's wrath... who cares?  If he is suspended instead of banned, no one loses. If his wrath comes back, then suspend him back.  I am the father of a man who was terrible as a child.  Suspended countless times. But never banned. Today, he is the best son one can wish for.

I am the father of a man who was terrible as a child.  Suspended countless times. But never banned. Today, he is the best son one can wish for.

The difference being that as a father you had a responsibility to keep trying with your child. We have no such responsibility for anyone on this forum. People are responsible for their own actions and must deal with the consequences.

However, the big question is do you want a free for all, completely deregulated, but where threads are derailed & rudeness is almost standard ? Or a level of moderation ?

Please keep this forum as it is. Sawatdee forum has devolved into another version of the defunct Bitchboard. If posters want to insult others freely they can find a home there.

I too enjoyed the informative posts from samebb but a warning was given.

Samebb needs a good spanking, no doubt about that.

However, suspensions could be enforced over varying duration. Hopefully he becomes contrite and repentant.

Haha, I agree about the spanking.... but it takes patience to make someone contrite and repentant.

He could have got that here to his benefit, but he may have to start anew somewhere else.

Please keep this forum as it is. Sawatdee forum has devolved into another version of the defunct Bitchboard. If posters want to insult others freely they can find a home there.

I find that the Singapore forum blowingwind.io is a well organized and successful one. It has about a million posts and it gets hundreds of new ones each day.  It as a section with 50,000 posts called 

The Flaming Room -    Bad Attitude and Flame Wars will be moved here.

When a thread gets contaminated with insults, these and following posts are moved there, and gays can continue fighting to their hearts content and call each other all sorts of names.

This blowinwind.io forum is used mainly by young and local gays.  Young people and those young at heart we don't mind some bitching, as long as we have the option to follow it or not.

To exit a thread where you don't like how people behave is much easier than leaving a room with people farting, unless you have severe finger arthritis.

problem is I'm not visiting forum in order to leave the threads because I don't like how people behave .

I rather see them behaving so I don't need to leave the thread but rather stay and read what they have to say instead of slamming door on exit.

problem is I'm not visiting forum in order to leave the threads because I don't like how people behave .

I rather see them behaving so I don't need to leave the thread but rather stay and read what they have to say instead of slamming door on exit.

One starts to believe that you want the world to bend backwards to accommodate to your desires.

Good luck!

Everybody has had their say and there is no reason for this thread to continue.

The policy has been made clear. Warning first and then if no improvement a suspension.

Once someone returns from suspension they are at risk of being banned the next time.

There will be no multiple suspensions!