12is12

pre-BKK Newbie Tutorial III - Personal Conduct

On 11/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, 12is12 said:

“check his ID card to ensure he is 18 (including that his  picture matches his face) BEFORE paying any off fee!”

Note that on older ID cards his date of birth will be shown in Buddhist Era, not AD/CE so you will need to subtract 543 from the year.  You might want to memorise the relevant number before setting off for the bar ;)

Also, the name on the card may be only in Thai script, but whether it is or not, you won't recognise it. In most situations Thais use and are known by a short nickname, which is usually unrelated to the formal name on their ID.

2 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Do guys here really check ID of every new boy they meet-off?

I never do  because I like older stock but if you prefer  youngish ones it's good practice  to make sure guy is of proper age and that he has ID at all on him .

You don't want be stopped at reception with guy in tow without ID  or , horror of horrors, too young to be admitted although if you pick up guy from bar it's almost impossible those days.

Note I used word 'almost"

I always check ID unless it's obvious he's a  long way over 18.   Check it in the bar if you want to eliminate the risk of disappointment after paying the off fee.   However, if he has a Passport from another country,  be discrete as he is working illegally and won't want the passport waved around.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I never do  because I like older stock.

Same same. Lucky me.

But don’t assume all Asian look younger than his actual age.

Recently the Cambodian guy I thought he was about 26 years old turned out to be 19 years old.

I wasn’t going to off him or anything just discussing about him with friends.

On 11 November 2019 at 11:45 PM, 12is12 said:

Do guys here really check ID of every new boy they meet-off?

Nope, eventhough I like twinks (just the same that I like buffed, muscular guys), I never check their ID bcoz I'm sure my fave go go bars (Dreamboys, Moonlight, Jupiter2018) don't employ minors.

Hi, I'm visiting Bangkok for the first time next week and have been pouring over all these threads and your summaries (which are awesome btw!). 

From the conversations, I get the sense that most of the boys are straight? And lean towards topping and not bottoming?

I understand that it is dependent on the person, just curious and wanted to get a general sense of the environment.

When offing, I assumed that they change back to street clothes and can breeze past hotel reception as if they are regular guests. Is registering at the hotel more of a safety precaution for valuables?

I am by myself in BKK - Do guys generally go to these bars alone? 

Regarding the sexuality of the guys we off, if your preference is for the more macho guys who work at the glitzy places like Moonlight, then yes....many are gay-for-pay. And I suspect that many of those prefer to top. However that's not my  scene so others can answer more accurately.

If you like twinks, then you'll meet plenty of gay guys. In my twenty-five years of visiting, I've never knowingly offed a straight guy though I have been mislead on occasions! For some falangs  it doesn't matter of course. As far as twinks are concerned, their expectations and repertoire need to be discussed and agreed upon.  If you use the apps, then it's one of the issues that can be sorted-out before meeting. Plenty of twinks bottom. And others too, I'm told.

You shouldn't expect anyone to "breeze" past reception. Hotels usually check and often retain ID cards for the duration of the visit. You will usually be telephoned by reception to ensure that all is well before your visitor is given back his ID. Always make sure he has his ID before you pay the bar-fine. And that he's old enough!

I've never been to a bar with company. You will see groups, often Asians, but falangs seeking to off are usually alone. If you are flying to Thailand, you will note an unusually-high number of single men at check-in!

Gotcha, thanks!

Was curious how the hotels know they are visiting vs. a guest as I'm Asian and 30 - Figured they would either assume the guy is a local friend ..... Or stop us both and ask for my ID as well lol

I like the muscular model type and guess that will likely be pay for gay with a s/t of 4000-5000.

Excited to check out the places you guys mentioned - in Phuket right now and been breaking up my 1000s in preparation ^_^

5 hours ago, Syphion said:

Hi, I'm visiting Bangkok for the first time next week and have been pouring over all these threads and your summaries (which are awesome btw!). 

Yayyy!!

5 hours ago, Syphion said:

From the conversations, I get the sense that most of the boys are straight? And lean towards topping and not bottoming?

I understand that it is dependent on the person, just curious and wanted to get a general sense of the environment.

I'm not sure it's "most," but it's certainly many.  Depending on the bar and nationality, it might be most, it might not.  It's an easy no-worries question to ask a mamasan or the guy.  [As to how straight is straight, who knows?].  And, as always, in any commercial transaction, for sex or otherwise, keep in mind that sometimes (not always, not never) you might get the answer they think you want rather than the truth (whatever that may be).  Right now circumstances are that a lot of the guys from VN are "straight" because a lot hail from the same region in VN, and word is out that there's good money to be had even if you're straight but willing, so non-scientifically my sense is that "most" of the VN guys are straight.  But I know for a fact, not all are.  :) 

Even some of the "straight top only" guys might show more, shall we say, flexibility, in the privacy of the room depending any number of a variety of factors, including you, how well they know you (i.e., how many times together), how you act, your reputation (if you have one), etc.  Obviously it would be terrible advice to suggest that you count on that happening, but it does happen.  

6 hours ago, Syphion said:

When offing, I assumed that they change back to street clothes and can breeze past hotel reception as if they are regular guests. Is registering at the hotel more of a safety precaution for valuables?

In Bangkok it depends on the hotel.  The more high-end hotels they won't look and don't want to know who you're bringing through the lobby (unless you're being loud drunk or similarly silly), so you may proceed with confidence.   Other hotels - Tarntawan as noted in the trip reports - have a practice of taking ID's and calling up to the room to make sure everything is ok.  

I haven't thought about it a lot, but I always assumed that the take-ID-&-call places were more about personal security (no physical harm), but, as I said, not something I've thought about or even worry about.  But the reports of theft from guys working in gogo bars are rare.  Of course common sense rules apply and use the room safe, keep your wallet with you or secure, etc.  

If you skim the recent posts and trip reports you'll see that, at least in BKK, it is quite common to go the bars with old friends or new friends from the forum.  Up to you.  It can be a lot of fun to go with a friend or two.  Highly recommended.  

5 minutes ago, Syphion said:

Gotcha, thanks!

I like the muscular model type and guess that will likely be pay for gay with a s/t of 4000-5000.

Moonlight model is definitely 5k plus 1k off fee to take for ST.

Others similar or sometimes better quality muscular hunk can be had at lower price for ST, 2k-2.5k is normal rate but the more popular ones probably will ask more, so its up to you to pay up, negotiate or choose other boys. 

Dont forget that full service massage places also have hidden gems that u might like.

18 minutes ago, Syphion said:

I think that's the price for the Moonlight superstar models.  More normal BKK prices are 2000 s/t.  I don't know the price for Jupiter or Tawan guys.  They might meet your muscle test. ;) 

It's all a question of taste.  There are guys that I think could fall into the "muscular model" category at some of the regular bars (not-Moonlight or Jupiter) that you might think of as mere twunks not worth your time.  LOLs

Also just note that there are some guys that I think are muscular model-y types at VClub 7 massage over on Soi Ari 4 (same building as Chakran sauna).  VCK  And Prince on Suan Phlu 6.  Prince  Of course there are many other massage spots (My Hero, etc., blah blah), but for first visit those have the most guys that might possibly meet your objectives.  Super high season they might have 50-60 guys each.   [edit to add - also Arena, but I think more muscle but not model-types.]

We're getting into crazy busy season in BKK so you might even consider booking your moonlight dream model ahead of time.  I would hate to think you got to BKK and found them all fully-booked.  (That's not normally advice I would give, but it's really going to be busy from 26-Jan 3.

Also, if u are still in bkk from 29 till new year, and want to meet, i will be available. Im 30s asian guy too hehe.

32 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

it is quite common to go the bars with old friends or new friends from the forum.  Up to you.  It can be a lot of fun to go with a friend or two.  Highly recommended.

6 minutes ago, spoon said:

Also, if u are still in bkk 29 till new year, and want to meet, i will be available. Im 30s asian guy too hehe

Down! I'm in BKK from Dec 26 to Jan 1. In town for White Party hehehe

25 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

booking your moonlight dream model ahead of time.

How do you book a model ahead of time? Msg the bar on FB and IG? I was only able to find info on the models from Moonlights IG. Couldnt find accounts for Jupiter nor Dreamboys.

sounds like I need to explore all the massage parlors :D

10 minutes ago, Syphion said:

Down! I'm in BKK from Dec 26 to Jan 1. In town for White Party hehehe

How do you book a model ahead of time? Msg the bar on FB and IG? I was only able to find info on the models from Moonlights IG. Couldnt find accounts for Jupiter nor Dreamboys.

sounds like I need to explore all the massage parlors :D

Here is a link to the QR code for general Moonlight Line account.  Moonlight 

Maybe some helpful forummers can DM you the info for a particular mamasan or the contact info for Jupiter or Dreamboys.