jason1975

Members’ night out

On 21 December 2019 at 8:54 AM, jason1975 said:

At Moonlight, the show was finishing when we entered. @spoon was quick to pounce on a boy once he found out he was available. We stayed for about half an hour for karaoke session. Some Japanese ladies had come for karaoke and they danced on the stage with the singers. Good fun vibes.

an interesting scene we observed was the boss wife scolding the Moonlight boys like little children. She was really fierce! The sheepish and guilty looks on the boys was so cute to see!

I'm beginning to suspect it was Jupiter2018, not Moonlight, as I read this part and as admitted by op, he he...bcoz of (1) the karaoke session...and (2) the fierce lady boss...I wonder who was scolded among the boys, ha ha...

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

After that, at 9 plus, we went to Soi 4 to visit Banana Boy Bar. The promoter (who used to be at Hot Male back at Soi Twilight) was pleased to see that there were 3 customers entering so early in the night.

we had planned to only poke our heads in to take a look and rush out if we didn’t fancy the bar. Lo and behold, our quick peek led to us happily plonking ourselves down in first row facing the stage. Not many boys. I count 15 at most. But they were all our type! Twinky, handsome and cute.

Definitely made me regret not dropping by last week. Not many posts on this bar here recently. I walked up and down soi 4 but gave it a miss.

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Not many boys. I count 15 at most. But they were all our type! Twinky, handsome and cute.

When I stopped by there the other night after our dinner there were about 25-30 guys.  (More than 25, but they kept moving around so I can't confirm if it was 30 (more)).  Any guys who needed to do visa runs between now and the beginning of next year did them last night, which might explain why there weren't that many last night.  Normally if they miss work they have to pay the bar 400, but starting tonight until Jan 2-3 they would have to pay the bar 1,000 (!).  [No - that's not the bar fine/off fee.]

2 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

When I stopped by there the other night after our dinner there were about 25-30 guys.  (More than 25, but they kept moving around so I can't confirm if it was 30 (more)).  Any guys who needed to do visa runs between now and the beginning of next year did them last night, which might explain why there weren't that many last night.  Normally if they miss work they have to pay the bar 400, but starting tonight until Jan 2-3 they would have to pay the bar 1,000 (!).  [No - that's not the bar fine/off fee.]

Thank goodness that the handsome twink boys were left behind in the bar last night!

2 hours ago, winterjanu said:

Definitely made me regret not dropping by last week. Not many posts on this bar here recently. I walked up and down soi 4 but gave it a miss.

for me it's impossible to give a miss to  that bar because of their muscular yet friendly barker, not always go upstairs but can't stop myself from giving him  a hug

4 hours ago, jason1975 said:

plonking ourselves down in first row facing the stage.

It would have been the perfect night if only the music wasn’t so loud.

I was seated in that front row on Sunday night for the show, i agree with the sound levels.. it was a bit much.
After the show when i asked a guy to sit with me i requested to be moved to one of the side rows so we could actually have a quick discussion about what the night might entail, the sound levels are not as bad from the side rows.

Banana Boy bar did indeed have some cute lads, but having seen a Grindr lad a few hours earlier, there was zero chance of me offing anyone.   I might be back for one of them when returning to Bangkok sometime  next month, if the music is not so loud.

The dance at the start of the show was surprisingly good.  Some rather fit lads is Speedos, with a mainly yellow centre section and light blue at the edges.   The yellow centre section is quite appropriate for a bar called Banana Boy.  

After this Jason1975 was keen to go to Jupiter,  so Anddy and I had a pleasant drink at Telephone, blissfully free from deafening music.  On balance, I prefer the excellent company of the other members at a coffee shop, restaurant or a very quiet bar, where conversation is possible.  Gogo bars are for boy hunting.

The Grindr lad who I met earlier looked rather youthful, so I figured a particularly careful ID check was in order.   Anyhow, his Lao passport indicates he's 27.   His hands did look like 27, but I'd love to know how he keeps his face like that.

Incidentally, so far, after a recount, 58% of the meetings on this trip have been with Laos lads and I'm making no attempt to select by nationality.   This does include 3 seen on previous trips and they only get invited back due to previous satisfaction.

Considering Laos only has about 7 million people, that makes them the most offed per head of population for me.  

I often go to Banana Bar when I am in Bangkok, for a drink, sitting outside watching the  world go by.  In November I thought I would go upstairs to the show as posts on here mentioned many twinks, my area of interest! I was disappointed, yes reasonable no of boys but not many twinks. Show was dull, small stage,  fed up with cock hitting bar etc, annoying mamasan, loud music.  Have things improved? 

42 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

I often go to Banana Bar when I am in Bangkok, for a drink, sitting outside watching the  world go by.  In November I thought I would go upstairs to the show as posts on here mentioned many twinks, my area of interest! I was disappointed, yes reasonable no of boys but not many twinks. Show was dull, small stage,  fed up with cock hitting bar etc, annoying mamasan, loud music.  Have things improved? 

Two different people can go to the same bar same evening and have different takes on the bar.  I have a regular guy from there and end up having to visit there regularly and sometimes the energy at the bar is different on different nights, but I can't say if it's improved or not.  

So far, out of Lucky Boys, Fresh Boys, Screw Boys and Banana Boys,  the best selection of skinny twinks can be found in Fresh Boys.  They also wear white underwear, in a thin cheap looking material that leaves less to the imagination.  No wearing two layers either. Very easy on the eye.  Sometimes, less is more.

Fresh Boys has approximately 10 who I would consider as very good candidates for an off.   The other bars nearer 2-4 boys, although Banana did have one stand out example.  Of course, my standards are adjusted upwards to account for the alternatives available nearby.  If I were back in England, over 50% would be acceptable.  

It's just as well that we have different tastes in boys, as life would be much more difficult if we all chased the same ones.   

44 minutes ago, z909 said:

So far, out of Lucky Boys, Fresh Boys, Screw Boys and Banana Boys,  the best selection of skinny twinks can be found in Fresh Boys.  They also wear white underwear, in a thin cheap looking material that leaves less to the imagination.  No wearing two layers either. Very easy on the eye.  Sometimes, less is more.

Fresh Boys has approximately 10 who I would consider as very good candidates for an off.   The other bars nearer 2-4 boys, although Banana did have one stand out example.  Of course, my standards are adjusted upwards to account for the alternatives available nearby.  If I were back in England, over 50% would be acceptable.  

It's just as well that we have different tastes in boys, as life would be much more difficult if we all chased the same ones.   

I am also into skinny smooth light skin twinks, How was your offs experience with the boys from Fresh Boys ? What is age range of the boys there ?

I have made 2 visits to Freshboys on this trip and one off.   He came from Myanmar and was OK.   My other meets were from Grindr.

I would guess the age range in Fresh Boys is 18-30, with a lot under 25.  So consistent with the bar branding.   

However, you might be aware of the exercise where people are asked to watch a video of a basketball game and count the number of passes.  Most people miss the guy in a gorilla suit walking across the pitch. 

Likewise, if a bar has a lot of cute lads, I cannot be guaranteed to spot any gorillas,  or remember them.

1 hour ago, z909 said:

I would guess the age range in Fresh Boys is 18-30, with a lot under 25.  So consistent with the bar branding.   

Isn’t it illegal to work as a gogo boy at the age of 18 and 19 in the bar ?  He must be over 20.

If under 20, he can only work as a waiter.

That’s what I heard.

10 hours ago, z909 said:

Likewise, if a bar has a lot of cute lads, I cannot be guaranteed to spot any gorillas,  or remember them.

@z909 I am just like you! That’s why I happily declared Banana Bar as a twink bar even though there are other types there as well and @anddy corrected me in my report. I was infatuated with a smooth boy (no.54) during our outing a few nights ago. I went back two nights later and was told by mamasan that he had been offed by the same customer twice in a row. In fact, happy customer took him off for a repeat just half an hour before I entered the bar!