ichigo

Trip Report - Dec 2019

Today for posting trip report! I agree that there is a lot of traffic to navigate when crossing Surawong Road to get back to The Raya but with enough practice, no problem! It’s my favourite hotel because of the spacious room, walking distance to the gogo bars and affordable price. The drawback is the lack of a Swimming pool.

Havent finished reading all of your report yet! Phew. One tip though ln your grab fold soup in a plastic bag situation. Call room service or reception and have them send you an empty bowl, usually with no charge at all. Ivd done this many times before when younger and wanted to eat instant noodle at hotel room.

5 hours ago, ichigo said:

he had only been working in the bar for 6 days. Walked back to the hotel hand in hand, I registered him at reception (the only guy that I registered throughout my trip), and had some fun in the room. I didn’t really want to go further than kissing/oral/handjobs as I just kinda wanted to give him an easy time if he had only been working there for a few days.

You are such a nice gentleman.

9 hours ago, ichigo said:

It was pretty straight forward, and I am indebted to this forum for the information on how they worked.

I accompanied him down to the street to bid him farewell (actually I accompanied all of the guys out to the street during my time here. It felt like the right thing to do)

Kissing was a little difficult as his breath was not, well, fresh.

you are not indebted to the forum, after such fabulous report we may even owe you an interest

walking guy down and outside is  a nice idea  I practice as well to save my guy from potential embarrassment asking for ID, waiting for me to answer reception's call asking if all is OK etc

learned lesson many years ago when my guy in middle of the night was asked by receptionist for a tip to release his ID , first and last time it ever happened but it did

I always make sure I have spare toothbrush in the room and mouthwash on me all the time , even if about the town

Sam Yan MRT is pretty convenient for all hotels in bar in vicinity of Tarntawan through shortcut via soi Wat Hualampong where Magic Touch massage is 

...........if you are in mid-30 walking hand in hand with guy will not raise any brews but  for some of us it would mark boys walking with us as MB with very thick marker 

9 hours ago, ichigo said:

. Single traveller, 3rdtime to Thailand in a 9 month period, any number of things could have flagged me,

none of those things are even close to being prohibited  but yes , it looks you were profiled for an extended check.

Happened to me in my country twice as well , it better not to argue , keep cool and polite and I found honest answer about friends from bars actually helped. And so perhaps  photo of some hairy hunk in his thirties on your phone. They are not  chasing gays  or johns, underage is what they are looking for so leave pictures of nephews and nieces at home. 

7 hours ago, Jasper said:

“He messaged me a littlelater saying he was at the gym (like at 3am lol). “

There are many 24 hour fitness club in Bangkok.

A gogo boy I know goes to the gym after work.

Thanks for the great report.

In fact, many gogo boys do not go back to sleep after their bars close at 2am. They go out for supper. They eat, drink and even gamble. They only go home at 5am or 6am then sleep.

i found out that the dancers actually stay behind at the bars from 2am onwards until 5am sometimes to learn new dance routines.

23 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Today for posting trip report! I agree that there is a lot of traffic to navigate when crossing Surawong Road to get back to The Raya but with enough practice, no problem! It’s my favourite hotel because of the spacious room, walking distance to the gogo bars and affordable price. The drawback is the lack of a Swimming pool.

Yes I think I just need more practice crossing the road! I did like the spacious room of the Raya, the lack of pool didn't bother me too much as I rarely use hotel pools. 

22 hours ago, spoon said:

Havent finished reading all of your report yet! Phew. One tip though ln your grab fold soup in a plastic bag situation. Call room service or reception and have them send you an empty bowl, usually with no charge at all. Ivd done this many times before when younger and wanted to eat instant noodle at hotel room.

Ahh good thinking!

20 hours ago, Jasper said:

“He messaged me a littlelater saying he was at the gym (like at 3am lol). “

There are many 24 hour fitness club in Bangkok.

A gogo boy I know goes to the gym after work.

Thanks for the great report.

Thanks! No time like the present to go to the gym, even when it's 3am hehe

18 hours ago, Boy69 said:

You are such a nice gentleman.

Thank you, I try! :) 

14 hours ago, vinapu said:

you are not indebted to the forum, after such fabulous report we may even owe you an interest

walking guy down and outside is  a nice idea  I practice as well to save my guy from potential embarrassment asking for ID, waiting for me to answer reception's call asking if all is OK etc

learned lesson many years ago when my guy in middle of the night was asked by receptionist for a tip to release his ID , first and last time it ever happened but it did

I always make sure I have spare toothbrush in the room and mouthwash on me all the time , even if about the town

Sam Yan MRT is pretty convenient for all hotels in bar in vicinity of Tarntawan through shortcut via soi Wat Hualampong where Magic Touch massage is 

...........if you are in mid-30 walking hand in hand with guy will not raise any brews but  for some of us it would mark boys walking with us as MB with very thick marker 

Thanks for all of your comments!

14 hours ago, vinapu said:

but that job is done by plenty of eye candy, specially when they are disassembling it at night

Ah, must remember to have a look next time ;)

13 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

What a great report!  Well written, succinct, informative.  And you have such a good attitude.  You've clearly earned your expert badge for the BKK/Pattaya scene.

Enjoy your next visits and to Myanmar Laos and Vietnam.  (Already "done" Cambodia??). 

Thanks again.

Aww thank you! I visited Cambodia last year (only for a few days though) but I would like to go back some time in the future. Am looking forward to exploring the different countries in south east Asia. 

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

none of those things are even close to being prohibited  but yes , it looks you were profiled for an extended check.

Happened to me in my country twice as well , it better not to argue , keep cool and polite and I found honest answer about friends from bars actually helped. And so perhaps  photo of some hairy hunk in his thirties on your phone. They are not  chasing gays  or johns, underage is what they are looking for so leave pictures of nephews and nieces at home. 

It sucks but hey, what can you do! Just need to take it in stride and not get too upset about it.

12 hours ago, jason1975 said:

In fact, many gogo boys do not go back to sleep after their bars close at 2am. They go out for supper. They eat, drink and even gamble. They only go home at 5am or 6am then sleep.

i found out that the dancers actually stay behind at the bars from 2am onwards until 5am sometimes to learn new dance routines.

Ah yep, makes sense! I remember ages ago when I used to work late I would do exactly the same thing. 

9 hours ago, AlexThompson said:

Many thanks for your thoughtful trip report, @ichigo.  You sound like a lovely gentleman. 

Aww thank you! :) 

2 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Totally enjoyed your reporting. 

Thank you! :) 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, ichigo said:

I ended up getting a smoking room (but I wasn’t smoking on this occasion) and the smell blocked up my nose for a while but the smoke smell went away in a day or so. 

When I stayed at The Raya I asked for a room looking Soi Twilight. But I was told they were all Smoking Rooms. So not for me... The room was fine, had a window, but looked out at a wall.

15 hours ago, JackR said:

Thanks for the great report Ichigo! Nicely organised.

Cheers!

10 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

When I stayed at The Raya I asked for a room looking Soi Twilight. But I was told they were all Smoking Rooms. So not for me... The room was fine, had a window, but looked out at a wall.

Ah yes, I've stayed in my fair share of places where I had a nice picturesque view of a wall..