gayinpattaya

The end of Jomtien Complex?

On 5/29/2023 at 6:05 AM, Tingtong69 said:

Oh yes. I am staying at the agate and sometimes feel like i am the only gay in a village of russia. 
I am suprised though that the money exchangers are still accepting rubles.  
With so many russians here in pattaya and phuket there is a danger putin may annex these 2 provinces and hold a sham referendum and rename them pattayagrod and phuketsk. 

No handsome blue eyed, blond hair Russians / Ukrainians?

1 hour ago, Mavica said:

No handsome blue eyed, blond hair Russians / Ukrainians?

If you long for handsome blue eyed Russian, don’t miss the Banana Bar show on Soi and 4 in Bkk. The former gymnast stole show with his aerial acrobatics while suspended from straps above the stage. Great entertainment.

On 5/29/2023 at 6:43 AM, Boy69 said:

..and yes I think many gays found better destinations like South America as me I was surprised to find out that Colombia for example is much cheaper and the variety of the guys there is amazing.

I am too scared to go there. I read always horror stories. You need to rely 100% on the apps there not? 

On 5/29/2023 at 8:07 AM, Olddaddy said:

Then there is many of the old timers are getting too old to travel .

I did see last trip a lot of young professional type Asians at the bars seem to be from Singapore etc 

It is a great injustice to Western Europeans that we have to travel so far and pay a lot of money to be in a setting with boy bars and go go bars and gay massage parlors. In the Netherlands there is NOTHING like this at all. And if you can get gay massage it is never from a 20 year old Asian twink. These Singaporeans can get what they want far cheaper than we. Life is unfair. 

19 minutes ago, reader said:

Enjoyed two massages in Saphan Kwai Saturday and the total cost of both (shop fees and tips) 3,180:baht.

As I’ve been saying all along, there’s great value, enjoyment and choice to be found in Bangkok massage shops.

It’s just a matter of going.

That's for two or per each massage?

3 minutes ago, reader said:

For two. One hour each massage.

Wow ! That's great value , obviously massage only but still good 👍

I paid 2200 baht for 1 hour Thai massage in Australia yesterday.

1 hour ago, abidismaili said:

It is a great injustice to Western Europeans that we have to travel so far and pay a lot of money to be in a setting with boy bars and go go bars and gay massage parlors. In the Netherlands there is NOTHING like this at all. And if you can get gay massage it is never from a 20 year old Asian twink. These Singaporeans can get what they want far cheaper than we. Life is unfair. 

We all have choices. You could do as I did (although I did it for business reasons), leave Europe and resettle somewhere in Asia. Not easy to do, I know, but it's surely a question of priorities. What is more important to you? A nice apartment/house in The Netherlands, a decent job (I assume), healthcare (I assume), pension to follow etc. or a plethora of gay venues and an abundance of young gay Asian men?

As a UK citizen, when I start to draw down my pension the amount is frozen for all time - even if as recently inflation has been around 10%. I paid all the contributions up to age 62 (the maximum) to give me continuing access to the UK National Health Service. That benefit has now been withdrawn. But I choose to continue living in Asia.

Just a thought. Is there no possibility of finding a nice young Asian boyfriend in the Netherlands or elsewhere in Europe and prepared to relocate to The Netherlands? I have a friend who will soon relocate to Munich for a post-graduate degree. He wants to find a nice middle-aged man there and has started looking on apps. There must surely be Asian students in The Netherlands? No?

1 hour ago, abidismaili said:

In the Netherlands there is NOTHING like this at all.

Yet, in the late nineties when I first "came out", it was to Amsterdam that I went  for weekends. Blue Boy was one of three similar establishments that gave me my first commercial experiences. Indeed , it was one its cute denizens who told me about Pattaya. A few months later,  I was there....and Amsterdam was no longer on my list! 

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

We all have choices. You could do as I did (although I did it for business reasons), leave Europe and resettle somewhere in Asia. Not easy to do, I know, but it's surely a question of priorities. What is more important to you? A nice apartment/house in The Netherlands, a decent job (I assume), healthcare (I assume), pension to follow etc. or a plethora of gay venues and an abundance of young gay Asian men?

As a UK citizen, when I start to draw down my pension the amount is frozen for all time - even if as recently inflation has been around 10%. I paid all the contributions up to age 62 (the maximum) to give me continuing access to the UK National Health Service. That benefit has now been withdrawn. But I choose to continue living in Asia.

Just a thought. Is there no possibility of finding a nice young Asian boyfriend in the Netherlands or elsewhere in Europe and prepared to relocate to The Netherlands? I have a friend who will soon relocate to Munich for a post-graduate degree. He wants to find a nice middle-aged man there and has started looking on apps. There must surely be Asian students in The Netherlands? No?

I will move when I can retire. How can I move now? I dont have enough funds to retire now. 

3 hours ago, abidismaili said:

I am too scared to go there. I read always horror stories. You need to rely 100% on the apps there not? 

Really? unless it has changed radically in the past few years, it has never been anything other than welcoming. Perhaps you are referring to the Old Problem of young mbs? Only once was I approached in a soi and a "no thanks" ended the conversation. And that was twenty years ago. Anyway, the problem was effectively stamped-out years ago. 

What else worries you? surely not crime? I'd be fascinated  to hear  the "horror stories". I recall a serious fight in a host bar between two of the workers...and nothing else.

The creeping darkening of the sois certainly was an issue. The closure of the shisha bars was disastrous for us; the customers weren't (to my knowledge) looking for the same things as us, but bright lights and people sitting around chatting, watching football on Tv and so on brightened the area up. 

Empty buildings are not welcoming. Once they create the ambience of an area, other businesses struggle.

16 hours ago, abidismaili said:

I was in the same Colombian guy whole of my trip in Colombia and felt safe with him , he had been robbed twice couple of months before we met , Colombia isn't safe as  East Asia , however many forum members traveled to South America and had great time you just need to be cautious.