flashbarryallen

Any good Jupiter experiences?

On 6/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, PeterRS said:

Showing my ignorance I have not been to Soi 4 since about 2015. Am I right in thinking that Jupiter is where Roxy used to be? For those with longer memories, that space was for years occupied by one of the great Bangkok gay Clubs, Rome Club. In some year, I believe around 1990, the owner decided to make a complete change. He ruined it by turning it into a straight club. That lasted all of a year before it closed. Another go-go bar Roxy then took over but it was not much nore successful, I suspect because Soi Twilight was then entrenched in visitors minds as the home of gogo boy bars. I cannot now recall what it became in the roughly 2 decades bewteen Roxy's closure and Jupiter's re-opening.

Yes mostly right about Rome club Peter.
The two owners, partners, tried to reopen it as gay again  when straight failed. No luck, gays have long memories. It failed.
The two then moved to one of the islands and were murdered in their home.  As stories go.

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

Strong deputation of 3 newly arrived members including me, visited last night Jupiter. Nothing new, music too loud, air-conditioning  too low but also boys assembled absolutely fabulous looking, all 20-30 of them. 

I could be ordered to take anyone from line and still would be happy look wise. Four parades, first boys in jeans with numbers, 2nd and 3rd in boxers, then again in jeans with numbers. Hard not to salivate when they were walking. Show similar to one in May with at least 3 numbers with equipment ready for action quite visible albeit for only brief moment. 

Bar perhaps half full for the show, low, season very visible. It was the same in G'Bangkok where we dined beforehand. Two of us made the moves and went home with their cathes. Comparing notes before  going to bed it looks that we both were happy or in case of other member, even very happy, with our companions. Drink and off fee 500

@vinapu is back in Bangkok? Wow!

7 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I am so envious of you fellas! If only I were retired, I would have joined you!

It's because I am retired that I am returning next week! After many visits still never been to Tawan, but after vinapu's reports, I shall be going there!

15 hours ago, 10tazione said:

I have the impression 79% of forum members are currently in BKK ... What happened to low season? 

Unfortunately it, s there, bars are well under capacity and there, s whiff  od desperation at closing time. 

We are doing what we can to lift Silom,s economy but help is needed so instead of yakking just jump on the plane and come here. Dont forget your wallet though

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Unfortunately it, s there, bars are well under capacity and there, s whiff  od desperation at closing time. 

We are doing what we can to lift Silom,s economy but help is needed so instead of yakking just jump on the plane and come here. Dont forget your wallet though

One month ago, bars were packed! How long are you in Bangkok? Only Bangkok and no Pattaya?

19 hours ago, vinapu said:

I will try my best!

On 7/14/2023 at 4:59 PM, vinapu said:

I had planned to go to Bangkok in December for Christmas but after reading your latest reports, I am trying to find leave from work to go for a week in either September or October.

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I had planned to go to Bangkok in December for Christmas but after reading your latest reports, I am trying to find leave from work to go for a week in either September or October.

Any period with major holidays, especially school holidays, in the US, Europe, Australia etc. will result in considerably higher prices. I once spent a week at the lovely Marriott in Kao Lak north of Phuket. I had forgotten that it was the week after Easter week. The hotel was totally packed with mostly German tourists and their families. Thankfully they mostly clustered around the pool and the beach was blissfully empty.

1 hour ago, paulsf said:

Jason I’ll be there in September and October. It would be great to see you.    Missed your last couple of trips by a few weeks.   

I still have to confirm my work schedule. I bet the Viet guys miss you!

Speaking of Viet guys, on my last night in Bangkok last month, I was at Freshboys to pick up a guy and suddenly a Viet guy called out to me. He was working as waiter and used to be from old Soi Twilight!