vinapu

Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

Also to get hot water some time  was required before it started lowing. MK who stay in the same hotel  did not have such problem though

I guess this is more likely on higher floors?

I add one more negative thing: no plug nowhere near the bed, not even near the desk, disadvantage of older hotels. If I stay again in this hotel I will bring an extension cable.

9 hours ago, 10tazione said:

I add one more negative thing: no plug nowhere near the bed, not even near the desk, disadvantage of older hotels. If I stay again in this hotel I will bring an extension cable.

Did you ask at the front desk? They could probably provide one for you.

I stayed at this place several times in the past. I really like the feeling of having a full apartment and they always had good deals. And even after the first time they welcomed me back. I presume they have a good database that alerts them to return guests. But I don't know how the change of brand may have changed things. But eventually I switched to the Crowne Plaza because of its better location and IHG affiliation even though it's not apartments.

10 hours ago, 10tazione said:

no, MK stay actually on higher floor but at other end of corridor and did not have such water issues. On another hand I had plug very near desk and by the bed as well. So there was some inconsistency in that hotel   but sizable rooms and great breakfast made for those inconveniences as far as I'm concerned

7 hours ago, 18past19 said:

your report’s bringing back good memories.  i felt like it was years ago already.  

and typing it brings best memories for me as well. That trip proved that tons of fun can be had in Thailand day and night those days despite of what some doomsayers may say.

1 hour ago, fedssocr said:

......I switched to the Crowne Plaza because of its better location and IHG affiliation even though it's not apartments.

at current prices I must say that at Quarter SalaDaeng I had room of double size for 1/4 of Crowne Plaza price. During covid their prices were in my league  ( I stay there 4 nights  over Christmas 2021) but not any more. Location and amenities are great but not a place for poor pensioners , that sure thing.

Your stamina is an example to us all! Incidentally, in UK, years ago, our satirical magazine, Private Eye, always printed stories involving sex as 'Ugandan discussions'! I believe the genesis was Idi Amin. Your comments  reminded me. 

9 hours ago, Boy69 said:

When guys want to leave they always come up with tragic stories and 'serious things' , why not just say : it was nice to meet you I have to go now goodbye ?

6 hours ago, scott456 said:

Such as?.... Grandma in ICU? Wife in labor? 

most popular  I heard over years is roommate forgot / lost key, motorbike is parked in wrong spot and yes, somebody in family had accident and he needs to go to hospital. 

I also recall 4am story ' I need to go now because I promised my friend to help with moving this morning"

Whatever those stories are I don't see any sense of resisting and I just let them go taking my revenge next time they try to get another off . I tell them bluntly, no because last time you went earlier than agreed.

Usually they use those tricks when they initially agree to long time just to land a deal and they don't have any inclination to stay that long or they find me boring and decide  going back to bar or to bed is better option. So much for guys needing money.

On another hand I don't mind if they tell me in advance they need to go. On this trip I had three legitimate early leavers, two cases were relatives in hospital indeed, enforced with pictures at their beds there. Another one was need to pick up somebody from bus station but it was announced when offing and mamasan was asked to inform me about that too. 

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

most popular  I heard over years is roommate forgot / lost key, motorbike is parked in wrong spot and yes, somebody in family had accident and he needs to go to hospital. 

I also recall 4am story ' I need to go now because I promised my friend to help with moving this morning"

Whatever those stories are I don't see any sense of resisting and I just let them go taking my revenge next time they try to get another off . I tell them bluntly, no because last time you went earlier than agreed.

Usually they use those tricks when they initially agree to long time just to land a deal and they don't have any inclination to stay that long or they find me boring and decide  going back to bar or to bed is better option. So much for guys needing money.

On another hand I don't mind if they tell me in advance they need to go. On this trip I had three legitimate early leavers, two cases were relatives in hospital indeed, enforced with pictures at their beds there. Another one was need to pick up somebody from bus station but it was announced when offing and mamasan was asked to inform me about that too. 

I love hearing about your holiday. Thank you for the great reports!

I recently sent 2,000 baht to an Instagram guy in Chonburi I wanted to meet. This was for a taxi to BKK (Know 1,000). But, I wanted to try anyway. 10 minutes later, he asked if I could send him again as his mother stole the money. I refused. Then, he wanted me to meet him at a mall in BKK, and again I refused.  100 conversations later, he told me his university was starting and needed shoes and could I help. I politely told him to get the money his mother stole from him back and buy 4 pairs. :)  He said he was not lying and he wanted a life with me (never met). I told him I am not one to make the same mistake two times (again not true as I have before). But, that stopped his messages about life, love, and the pursuit of a date. Shocking I have not heard from him. Like you, I don't mind if it is legit and it is often a hard call but some are so so fucking obvious it is nuts. At least get in a fake taxi and say the driver would not drive you past the mall (or something). :)