PeterRS

Gay Orgy Scandal Rocks Catholic Church

From The Guardian 24 October

The pope has accepted the resignation of a Polish bishop whose diocese has been rocked by reports of a gay orgy involving a male sex worker in a priest’s apartment, as well as previous violent incidents involving his clergy.

The Vatican did not give a reason why Grzegorz Kaszak was resigning as head of the diocese of Sosnowiec, in south-western Poland. At 59, he is several years shy of the normal retirement age of 75.

But his diocese has been in the spotlight after one of his priests was placed under criminal investigation for having allegedly organised an orgy at his apartment in Dąbrowa Górnicza involving a male sex worker. Polish media reported that one of the participants of the sex party collapsed after overdosing on erectile dysfunction pills.

A prosecutor said the priest was suspected of “failing to provide assistance to a person whose life is at risk” for having allegedly tried to bar paramedics from entering the apartment.

It was not the first incident involving clergy from the diocese to make headlines.

In 2010, the then acting rector of the Sosnowiec seminary allegedly got into a scuffle at a gay club, but was allowed to remain in his job for more than a year even after the case was publicised by Polish media. The Holy See finally intervened and dissolved the seminary altogether, according to the PAP news agency.

In March 2023, the corpse of a 26-year-old deacon was found with injuries suggesting homicide. Local prosecutors said he had been killed by a 40-year-old priest who then killed himself.

In a statement on Tuesday, Kaszak said he had asked the pope to let him resign in a letter dated 29 September. He thanked the priests and nuns of his diocese and asked “everyone to forgive my human limitations”.

More at https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/24/pope-accepts-resignation-polish-bishop-grzegorz-kaszak-gay-orgy-scandal-diocese

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

The pope has accepted the resignation of a Polish bishop whose diocese has been rocked by reports of a gay orgy involving a male sex worker in a priest’s apartment, as well as previous violent incidents involving his clergy.

Interesting that while it was underage boys and pedophilia the catholic church covered it up. Now it's just gay sex, they find it disturbing and sack people.

11 hours ago, caeron said:

The Catholic Church wishes you to know that the creator of the universe, the alpha and the omega, the Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient and, of course, Omnibenevolent God who chose to incarnate as a human and kill himself so that he could forgive you is really, really, REALLY obsessed with what you do with your penis.

Because that's how the creator of millions of stars, planets, and life forms rolls.

They may also have a bridge in one of New York's boroughs that they'd like to sell you so that they can continue their holy works. Ministering to those who misuse their penes is at times a costly undertaking.

Add to that ALL the major world religions* currently embroiled in holy religious wars killing each other to prove that they are the only rightful way to God and His, He is always male, only representatives in existence. My God is better than yours.

*the exception being Buddhism?

4 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

Add to that ALL the major world religions* currently embroiled in holy religious wars killing each other to prove that they are the only rightful way to God and His, He is always male, only representatives in existence. My God is better than yours.

*the exception being Buddhism?

Arguably, Buddhism is not a religion, in that Buddha is not a God, as I understand it. 

One of the saddest events of my life was when I was in a senior seminary and in my second year. Among the dozen new entrants in the first year was a sweet, completely straight 17 year old. A 24 year old in the third year fell besotted with him, and got more crazy, even picking fights with him just so that he could touch him. The seminary was surrounded by farm land and we all worked the fields etc in the afternoons. One night the besotted 24 yr old went down to the farm buildings and took the paraquat (lethal weedkiller) which he drank, then walked back to the seminary, woke up the young man and told him what he had done and why. The young lad had a total breakdown, and left the seminary. Of course in Catholic Church teaching suicide is a mortal sin so there can be no requiem mass or burial in holy ground. Unless of course the church is covering it's arse and cannot admit a seminarian committed suicide. So there was a full requiem mass, presided over by the Archbishop, and we all had to attend. I left the seminary shortly after that. 

11 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Arguably, Buddhism is not a religion, in that Buddha is not a God, as I understand it. 

You're correct that Buddha is not held to be a god, but belief in one or more divine beings is not required for something to be a religion. Buddhism has a well defined belief system that 'guides' adherents on how to live their lives.

22 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Well religions are just systems that program their adherents to blindly follow a set of rules and regulations that regulate how they live their lives; as such Buddhism is indeed a religion. I think one of the charms of Thailand besides the awesome food and sex and architecture and people is the charm of the local branch of Buddhism practiced there. I do understand that Buddhism is far from perfect but it's much more "humane" in it's approach to life. Imagine what would happen if the world embraced the Thai version of Buddhism! It'll be alot more peaceful and tolerant; bonus point: more relaxed attitude towards sex 💗🌈

1 hour ago, Phoenixblue said:

Well religions are just systems that program their adherents to blindly follow a set of rules and regulations that regulate how they live their lives; as such Buddhism is indeed a religion. I think one of the charms of Thailand besides the awesome food and sex and architecture and people is the charm of the local branch of Buddhism practiced there. I do understand that Buddhism is far from perfect but it's much more "humane" in it's approach to life. Imagine what would happen if the world embraced the Thai version of Buddhism! It'll be alot more peaceful and tolerant; bonus point: more relaxed attitude towards sex 💗🌈

It could be said to be more of a philosophy. And as Vinapu has pointed out tolerance was not shown in Sri Lanka, or Myanmar.

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

It could be said to be more of a philosophy. And as Vinapu has pointed out tolerance was not shown in Sri Lanka, or Myanmar.

Philosophy is abstract. Thai Buddhism is devotional; hence the common scenes up and down Thailand of folks praying to Buddha statues and other deities. Again the charm of it is the spiritual vibes in Thai temples, I admit I love the ambience of the chanting and incense and flower bouquets.

I never said Buddhism was perfect, yes it can get politicized as you mentioned in Myanmar but noway as close as to how other religions are. Buddhism is way more peaceful and tolerant, relatively speaking. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Phoenixblue said:

Philosophy is abstract. Thai Buddhism is devotional; hence the common scenes up and down Thailand of folks praying to Buddha statues and other deities. Again the charm of it is the spiritual vibes in Thai temples, I admit I love the ambience of the chanting and incense and flower bouquets.

I never said Buddhism was perfect, yes it can get politicized as you mentioned in Myanmar but noway as close as to how other religions are. Buddhism is way more peaceful and tolerant, relatively speaking. 

I agree. As with other religions, Buddhism is rooted in faith and a belief system, rather than on facts and science. While not monotheistic, it involves prayer, a religious caste, devotion, and so on. Although quite different from the Abrahamic religions, it certainly requires buying into a certain mindset. And, as with other religions, there have been wars and murders in its name (look at Myanmar).