cuervoanderson

Bangkok Hotel close to all the action

Hi There. Just looking for information on accommodations in Bangkok. We are first timers in Thailand and want to do it right. Are there any gay hotel in Bangkok? I dont see any anymore. Any suggestions on accommodations walking distance to all the gay bars and massages. Thanks for all the information you can spare. 

Upmarket is Le Meridien, almost opposite Patpong. Great buffet breakfast, nice rooms, no problem with 'friends', but 5 star, so more expensive. On New Year's day this year, half the people at breakfast were male couples!

Maybe a bit out of you walking range... I spent many times in Pinnacle Lumpini (You can book it through Agoda, but not via booking.com), but it's just one station from Saladeng via subway. I spent many times there because it was in walking distance to Babylon (RIP). The rooms are still ok, the breakfast is still surprisingly good and the  clientele is still 30% gay (CN, TW, SG and US/Europeans). I also booked it for my 2024 trip, because is so affordable. Even I already know that I will not stay there for most of the time, it's good to have a home base where you can come back at any time if you do spontaneous trips. Probably not what you are looking for, but just wanted to mentioned it anyway.

2 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

First, define "gay hotel". Some would say the only truly "gay hotel" in Bangkok was the now-defunct Babylon Barracks... :devil:

There are 2 gay hotels in Phuket. Male only. I was wondering if there was one in Bangkok. I dont see any. No biggie, however walking distance to all the action is all we really need. Clean of course.

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

As I've posted many times, I can recommend Tarntawan after more than fifty stays there. Its 300m from Patpong. And quiet! I've just booked a room for March via Agoda; £42 pn. 

Many gay visitors. And many "friends" of gay visitors.

Ditto, I've tried others, but for price and comfort, still the best option for me....I can stay at the Conrad for the same price, former hotel GM rate. But I'll take Tarntawan for the convenience.

My trips are normally based in Pattaya for 2 or 3 weeks, but I usually include a side trip to BKK for a couple of nights where my hotel of choice has been the Tarntawan, which was recommended to me as a gay hotel in 2002 when I made my first visit. I’ve never thought of staying anywhere else (bit boring I suppose).  

I was in BKK last July. I stayed at the Ibis Styles Silom. It's about 4 blocks from Sois 2 & 4/Patpong. My king room included b'fast for 2. Room wasn't that large, but bathroom & shower were. They seemed to serve a lt of Japanese visitors as the buffet b'fast decidedly featured Japanese food. I didn't bring anyone back to the hotel, but I did have a guy visit me. He had no problems getting to my room.

https://www.ibisstylesbangkoksilom.com/

The Rose Hotel is a minute walk from the action. 

I stayed there many times over the years. If I ever returned late to the hotel alone the ladies at reception (sisters?) would ask why I didn't have a guy with me! They always kept the guy's ID card and if he only had a photocopy or didn't have one at all, they would interrogate him to check his age. This was never a problem as I tend to go for guys in their 20s.

It has a pool and a first-rate restaurant. It's not fancy but it is clean and inexpensive.

(I'm presuming it's still there!)

These days I stay at the Raya or Tarntawan  but would be happy to go back to theoRise of they were full.

I stayed at the quarter silom previously. It's near all the action and about 5 mins walk to saladaeng bts.  The hotel is pretty new and the room was clean and comfortable. I booked a room with a bathtub so that is bigger than their usual rooms. They also have a good spread for breakfast and I could extend the check out time till 5pm by paying a reasonable fee. Only thing I didn't like was that the window is kinda small so the room could be a bit dark. 

4 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

My trips are normally based in Pattaya for 2 or 3 weeks, but I usually include a side trip to BKK for a couple of nights where my hotel of choice has been the Tarntawan, which was recommended to me as a gay hotel in 2002 when I made my first visit. I’ve never thought of staying anywhere else (bit boring I suppose).  

I would like to try the tarntawan but I read some reviews saying that the aircon wasn't efficient at cooling the room...that is a deal breaker for me haha

7 hours ago, scott456 said:

I haven't heard any hotels in BKK not allowing visitors.

Although this is going back in time, the Hyatt and what was then The Regent (later the Four Seasons and now the Anantara), both on Rajadamri, denied visitor access to rooms from evenings on and had security at the lifts to check. Getting guys up meant checking when lifts would be arriving back at ground floor level and security with his eyes elsewhere. No idea about situation now.

It's a very old hotel, has been there for over 40 years maybe. I once toyed the possibility but was told that no joiners allowed.

Speaking of which, I'd like to ask others who have stayed in some other hotels. Which of these forbid or tax joiners? 

Amara, 

56 Surawong,

Le Siam,

De Arni.

I have read on this forum that Siam Heritage does not allow joiners. 

I am thinking of amending my map to show hotel symbols in different colours depending on whether they are joiner-friendly. I think that will be useful.

22 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Oops, PeterRS got in the way 😲 when I wrote "it's a very old hotel", I was referring to the Montien.

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

am thinking of amending my map to show hotel symbols in different colours depending on whether they are joiner-friendly. I think that will be useful

This would be very helpful.

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

Oops, PeterRS got in the way 😲 when I wrote "it's a very old hotel", I was referring to the Montien.

Ha! The Montien was the second hotel I stayed in on my vast number of Bangkok trips. But it was known to have a very strict policy of "no guests" which is why I never stayed there again.