revengeboo

My First Time in Bangkok - November 2023 Trip Report

3 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Is there a typo? You're referring to Arena Massage. If the minimum tip was 1000 baht, this implies a 60-minute session. If so, the shop's charge should be 590 baht + 300 or 400 baht for the VIP room. How did they end up charging you 1900 baht?

1000 min tip, 590 + 300, thats 1890. 1900 seems likely?

9 hours ago, revengeboo said:

Judgement time.

I thought about fleeing a third time back to the welcoming embrace of X-boys but then I wondered if those boys would still be there.  Would I feel pressure to off the skinny boy and leave my stockier dream behind?  If I picked the stockier MB would his friend be jealous? Could I handle the awkwardness?  Did I have the money or will to take them both with me?  Overwhelmed with my mental gymnastics and transactional ethics - I quickly announced to the host that I would off the bad boy twink and frantically conclude this epic bar crawl.

Exactly what goes in my mind when i first started doing my own bar crawls. Since i am very picky, i tend to want to see all first then only pick one. But soon i realize, its best to take one who suite my type early on, pay their off fee, and then told them to wait at their bar until i finished my bar hopping. This way, i can be sure that the boy will wait for me, thus eliminating the chance that they boy might not be there anymore, taken by other customer or left the bar alone. They can also still get boy drinks and tips while still in their bar, waiting for me. 

Another, more expensive way, is to offer the boy to go bar hopping with me. This of course means u will have to pay for his drinks at the other bars too. Though this part might not be a great idea if your boy is the jealous type. 

Of course, while u already secure the boy for the night, during your subsequent bar hopping, u can always schedule a meet with another for a diff time. U can either use mamasan, or get theit contact so they can come to you during the day. 

I might jumping ahead, but seems like you are there only for 1 day, so maybe it doesnt really matter. Anyway, the bar that has the closest selection to the like of moonlight or jupiter in bangkok, or the arena/jeyspa/sabaidee massage, would be Boyzboyzboyz, aka BBB. Surprised that this bar isnt in your line up for a visit.

10 hours ago, PeterRS said:

As a patron of many gay Thai massage spas in more than 25 years, I have never heard of a naked line up - sadly!

I have fantasised of offing a few guys and just getting them to walk around naked in my hotel room. But I think they will feel weirded out and uncomfortable. And I don't know how to even tell them about my request in person.

On 12/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, revengeboo said:

As I ascended the steps of the plaza to enter Arena, I was immediately struck by the atmosphere — it was exactly as one poster had described: akin to a car mechanic's shop. The setting was raw and unrefined, with men resembling rugged brutes grunting and scowling at each other as they worked out in a gym setup reminiscent of a prison yard. This gritty ambiance and unhinged testosterone was making what the kids used to say… flood my basement.

Just back from a recent trip to BKK and I can smell the sweat and musk from my memories at Arena from your post.. Oh man.. 🤪

Love your reports, keep it up! And glad to see your having a ball!

• Members
19 hours ago, revengeboo said:

I would love if for the all-nude massages the line up would come out all naked and that would have made the entire process much smoother. But then, I’d offer up it would be even better if they were all naked and hard.  Alas, my high probability of picking shirtless masseurs had a limit but I am a big boy and know the risks of playing with fire. :)

It's Thailand,  I don't think the boys are open to nude lineup.  However, there is really no need for it because there is a mamason with whom you can discuss any concerns you may have and help you make a decision. The mamason knows the boys well. Your hiring process suggested you are an introvert and quite shy about it.  And you have buyer's remorse symptoms, even when paying for a prostitute.  As I mentioned in another thread, the success of paid sex depends not only on your wallet,  but also on your personality and people skills. 

6 hours ago, spoon said:

1000 min tip, 590 + 300, thats 1890. 1900 seems likely?

3 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

Yet another example of a privileged first-world traveler (who is already paying thousands of dollars/pounds/euros for travel expenses) complaining about what is "chump change" to him but a meaningful amount to the local provider. 🙄

I am pretty sure spoon has the right calculation!  Now, I admit see: delerium, jet lag, malnutrition, some of the detailed facts may be frankly wrong or misremembered, but I would typically, without shame, pull out my phone calculator to go over all transactional negotiations with MBs and the like.  The hosts/touts would usually be fast talking so much that I was quite cautious about getting overcharged.  Since I am on a tight budget, I made it a point to only carry ~ $150/US in baht on me for an entire day as a sort of "envelope budget" to ensure I did not bankrupt myself inviting an entire army of MBs back to my hotel.

6 hours ago, spoon said:

Exactly what goes in my mind when i first started doing my own bar crawls. Since i am very picky, i tend to want to see all first then only pick one. But soon i realize, its best to take one who suite my type early on, pay their off fee, and then told them to wait at their bar until i finished my bar hopping. This way, i can be sure that the boy will wait for me, thus eliminating the chance that they boy might not be there anymore, taken by other customer or left the bar alone. They can also still get boy drinks and tips while still in their bar, waiting for me. 

Another, more expensive way, is to offer the boy to go bar hopping with me. This of course means u will have to pay for his drinks at the other bars too. Though this part might not be a great idea if your boy is the jealous type. 

Of course, while u already secure the boy for the night, during your subsequent bar hopping, u can always schedule a meet with another for a diff time. U can either use mamasan, or get theit contact so they can come to you during the day. 

I might jumping ahead, but seems like you are there only for 1 day, so maybe it doesnt really matter. Anyway, the bar that has the closest selection to the like of moonlight or jupiter in bangkok, or the arena/jeyspa/sabaidee massage, would be Boyzboyzboyz, aka BBB. Surprised that this bar isnt in your line up for a visit.

Unfortunately, that pesky budget of mine limited a truly baller move like some of those ideas :) But I do like the idea of an off fee-as a "purchase option" type agreement and then continuing on with a crawl that way.  Probably the cleanest ethically too.

As for BBB, DANG!  That was actually at the top of my list but I confused it with X-Boys and by the time the crawl was initiated I really had no "plan" other than stumbling to what looked open ie. A-Bomb, and that was not a great system.  I should have been more diligent in scoping out where BBB was, but I never recognized it during my daytime powerwalking.

4 hours ago, jason1975 said:

I have fantasised of offing a few guys and just getting them to walk around naked in my hotel room. But I think they will feel weirded out and uncomfortable. And I don't know how to even tell them about my request in person.

Agreed, I remember some discussion on this board about some of the awkwardness that could go on with offing two MBs from the same bar.  Seems more trouble than it's worth BUT I am sure there is an outside chance it could be unforgettable.

4 hours ago, Bravo said:

Just back from a recent trip to BKK and I can smell the sweat and musk from my memories at Arena from your post.. Oh man.. 🤪

Love your reports, keep it up! And glad to see your having a ball!

Do tell about your Arena visit!  At this point, it is the top contender in my trip for greatest legend

Oops, I pretty much ignored everything DOA had to say as I've seen him trolling on other threads. I certainly wish I had the coin to make it rain in all these establishments and was extremely grateful that relative to the US the prices of Thailand were so affordable.  A similar comparable erotic massage in my neighborhood would be $350-$400 US compared to $90. Thanks for clarifying :) 

6 minutes ago, revengeboo said:

Oops, I pretty much ignored everything DOA had to say as I've seen him trolling on other threads. I certainly wish I had the coin to make it rain in all these establishments and was extremely grateful that relative to the US the prices of Thailand were so affordable.  A similar comparable erotic massage in my neighborhood would be $350-$400 US compared to $90. Thanks for clarifying :) 

Exactly right! 

Those who complain about "high" service fees in third-world countries are perfect examples of stereotypically privleged, spoiled sex tourists. They'll try to bargain instead of pay what amounts to "chump change" in their home cities.

I've picked up on this too.  He also alleged I was racist in a post about Berlin since I hooked up with a Chinese National at the Kit Kat Club, so we have that as well.  A sweetheart 😛.  But I must admit, I am an unabashed rice queen (among otherworldly delicacies).  I'll be doing reports from Europe and beyond next year.

Jason,    "I have fantasised of offing a few guys and just getting them to walk around naked in my hotel room. But I think they will feel weirded out and uncomfortable. And I don't know how to tell them..." 

I humbly submit it's quite simple: thru either ggl trnsltr or mamasan, explain exactly what u desire. If they dont feel like it, they'll say no. I suspect they'll jump at the suggestion of easy money: three friends hanging out in a roon, while a farang just looks at them admiringly.....

Cock parade inside your own hotel room? 

Should be the easiest thing to arrange. Just hire ("off") all the gogo boys from any bar who perform the bar's cock parade item in their show. If they're OK with striding around the stage in their full glory, along with each other, why not in your room? You can even leave the curtains open... And join in.

12 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

Yet another example of a privileged first-world traveler (who is already paying thousands of dollars/pounds/euros for travel expenses) complaining about what is "chump change" to him but a meaningful amount to the local provider. 🙄

Although you later said this comment was aimed at another member of the board, nonetheless, you had quoted me, and a plain reading of your comment would lead people to think that you were referring to me.

I think it is important to make a distinction between (1) holding a contract party to his word, (2) not caring that the other party is cheating you despite an earlier contract, and (3) bargaining ruthlessly to extract every last discount. I agree that (3) is not a pretty sight, and I would not condone it either, but that was not what I referring to in my question to @revengeboo

This is what revengboo wrote and which caught my eye:

and then to the lobby for more awkwardness as I paid 1900 baht, and the elf snatched the 100 baht change as his tip.  I’m sure he caught my look of horror as I was too slow to snatch it myself.  

As I sauntered to the door to greet Mr Olympia one last time, I was reminded of the minimum tip of 1000 baht.  I offered it up. 

It so happened that I am up to date with what Arena's menu card says:

Massage 60 minutes 590 baht (standard room included)
Massage 90 minutes 790 baht (standard room included)

VIP room 60 minutes 300 baht
VIP room 90 minutes 400 baht

Minimum tip 60 minutes 1,000 baht
Minimum tip 90 minutes 1,200 baht

It is easy to calculate what the shop should have charged him for his session of 60 minutes: 890 baht. Yet revengeboo wrote "1900", and he indicated that the tip to the masseur was a separate payment at the door. Thus my question to him as to whether this was a typo. Revengeboo has since confirmed that it was probably a misrecollection. That is reassuring.

If he had been sure that 1900 was what he paid (plus 100 in change snatched away by the "elf"), it would be concerning to many members of this board, as it would indicate an unethical practice where the menu price is one thing but, perhaps taking advantage of a customer's euphoria or jet lag, a different amount is demanded at checkout. Many members of this board would certainly want to know if a business engages in unethical practices so that we can be extra vigilant.

To argue that just because someone comes from the West, he shouldn't care about what is being charged (even when being cheated) is to fail to make an intelligent distinction between (1) and (2). First of all, not everyone in the West, or coming from the West is wealthy. Secondly, to say, we shouldn't care if we're being cheated because we are richer than Thais is in fact a form of boastfulness ("It doesn't bother me even if you cheat me, because I am so, so much richer than you!"), and that's not a pretty sight either. It's also the kind of thing that feeds into the stereotype of the Ugly American (or whatever nationality). It does everybody else of the same nationality a disservice.

Just now, revengeboo said:

It was a 60-minute in the VIP then that would have been 900 Baht + Tip!  My bad, Arena was a fantastic value.  I don't want to claim it was not now or in the moment. However, I am still salty over that 100 baht unauthorized tip to the attendant. 😇

He always do that lol  however, if u insist, he will reluctantly return that 100. However, he is helpful and knows his boys, so if u want to get your 100 baht worth, do ask him more details when u are picking boys hehe.

14 hours ago, jason1975 said:

My very first go-go experience was taking two boys upstairs to a rather dingy room and having them perform on the bed while I sat on a nearby chair. At one point the bottom indicated I should just come and sit on the bed where he undid my zipper and . . . well, you can guess what happened thereafter.

I can see no reason why you cannot get a few boys together to be naked in your room. The important thing I suggest is that they sholud all know each other and be happy being naked around the others. So just get the cutest boy you fancy and ask him to make a list of those he's happy to be with. As long as they all get tips, you'll have fun!

13 hours ago, scott456 said:

It's Thailand,  I don't think the boys are open to nude lineup. 

You re probably right but I do find it strange that as they are almost always going to be fully nude in your room, why are customers not permitted to see the boys in all their glory before you get as far as the room? It need'nt necessarily be a line-up. The boys could appear naked individually in a small room.

On 12/8/2023 at 8:08 PM, revengeboo said:

He took his time giving me a wonderful blowjob and allowed me to rim and finger him until climax

On 12/8/2023 at 8:08 PM, revengeboo said:

I was reminded of the minimum tip of 1000 baht

I have a question for those more experienced than me (I've only been to BKK 3 times) - is the minimum tip appropriate for the service that was described?  I would have thought this deserved a higher tip.  I'm not being critical, just for my future reference for my next trip.

1 hour ago, spoon said:

He always do that lol  however, if u insist, he will reluctantly return that 100. However, he is helpful and knows his boys, so if u want to get your 100 baht worth, do ask him more details when u are picking boys hehe.

I think when I wanted to go back to Arena to see my first Mr. Olympia masseur and the "bad boy" I intended to tip an additional 1000 baht so the total would be 3000 baht.  That was my most pressing concern was to retroactively add to his tip - which I have awkwardly done before with massuers.  When I gave the masseur a tip, it was the minimum, and at the time I was flustered as it was literally my first "day" and I had such little sleep.  The head guy also made it a point to loudly remind me of the minimum as I was at the door to exit with the masseur.  Hollering that I, "could give more!" but it was just too much to process or comprehend, so I fled, paying only the minimum.  Not even a crisp 1000 baht note as these were likely still the scraps of my initial now crumpled pocket money from the airport currency exchange.  In retrospect, I do wish I would have tipped 2000 baht but I was overwhelmed and had a weak grasp of how I could gauge a minimum/maximum or what the exchange rate even meant.  However, I would return (see: Day 6) and spoiler alert - he didn't even bother to play-act putting the 100 baht note on the change dish this time 😂.

My tipping confidence and skill increased as the days went on - you'll have to wait until Day 6 to learn how.

Thank you all for Memento style helping me remember and relive this experience 😅.  This is not a live report but based on my addled recollection and contemporaneous itinerary/notes.