GoldMember

Planning makes me happy - Songkran 2024

Hey guys,

Not a lot of things makes me happy these days. As the situation in my home country of Israel developes, I become more pessimistic about the future. Since October I'm drafted to the army and I expect that to end in several weeks. 

One thing that does make me happy, is planning. Due to the fragility of the situation, this trip has a high cancelation risk, so I'm booking it with full cancelation terms. After getting my husband approval, I'm booked for Songkran weekend in Bangkok! I'm expecting massive GCircuit parties and also will attend the Martin Garix set on the Siam Songkran event. 

First question, advice on lodging? Any particular advice regarding Songkran? I'm debating between Le Meridien, W, or staying near the GCircuit parties that will happen at the EmSphere on Sukhumvit. 

Also, any specific Songkran advice will be highly appreciated. 

Peace and Love ❤️

The W Hotel offers a more vibrant party atmosphere compared to Le Meridien, particularly with its superior pool area and lobby bar. However, Le Meridien boasts a more advantageous location for those seeking easy access to massage services and bars. In contrast, the W Hotel has a slightly better location in terms of proximity to the BTS public transport system. While the W excels in ambiance, Le Meridien's executive lounge provides a pleasant setting for evening drinks, complemented by excellent staff service. Both hotels, however, are comparable in offering great buffet breakfasts.

I would love to go to Israel,it's on my bucket list !

May I ask your age OR what's the age limit there to be drafted into the army?

Apparently the "Gay Scene" it's one of the best in Tel Aviv, 

I guess the moneyboys would be expensive though

Good luck my friend 🤞

8 hours ago, 12is12 said:

What's "GCircuit parties"?

Similar to rave type parties I think.🕺🕺

I think Goldmember must be a youngish guy

, oh those were the days, I was just reminiscing about the 80's & 90's last night to a younger gay guy,he had never heard of bands such as Duran Duran or the Communards 

,I'm too old now 😉

On 2/1/2024 at 8:13 AM, Olddaddy said:

May I ask your age OR what's the age limit there to be drafted into the army?

I'm 39yo. Limit draft age is 40 for most professions and 50 for some others including my own. 

15 hours ago, 12is12 said:

What's "GCircuit parties"?

A very big, Asian, gay annual party rave for Songkran. I think it's the biggest gay rave in Asia. 

received_225364930660337.thumb.jpeg.80459707238743e8ddb64318c04d4256.jpeg

14 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Is that like open public events during Gay weeks, or something closed which includes sex ?

If you mean outdoors by "open public" than no. It's an indoors big room festival. 

I think it's not much of an explicit sex in dance floor event. More of a drugs in the dance floor event and sex afterwards at the after party. 

I,m glad to hear you safe and sound. Planning another Thai trip, even better.

One day I need to try visit at Songkran time but I don't like crowds and excessive heat so can't force myself to. In meantime I,m on my way from another fabulous trip waiting for boarding for my last leg flight. Even before opening my own door I already miss Bangkok

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

I,m glad to hear you safe and sound. Planning another Thai trip, even better.

One day I need to try visit at Songkran time but I don't like crowds and excessive heat so can't force myself to. In meantime I,m on my way from another fabulous trip waiting for boarding for my last leg flight. Even before opening my own door I already miss Bangkok

Wow Vinapu ! 

You certainly get around ! 

Wish I was rich enough to do it 😂

I think every  April you are busy working  you said  ,so enjoy it ! 👍

50 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Wow Vinapu ! 

You certainly get around ! 

Wish I was rich enough to do it 😂

I think every  April you are busy working  you said  ,so enjoy it ! 👍

roll your sleeves and you will be rich.

As for April you are correct but since I gave up on slavery in October now I'm free man, even in April

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

it looks that Songkran is one of those love-hate things. Some people share your sentiment but I know few who absolutely love it  .

Bottom line is until one tries , will never know.

Same as you I don't like crowds.

Last time I was in Songkran was 2014 , didn't enjoy being shot in the eye by high powered water guns by drunken young farangs 

I find as I get older I don't like crowds or noise , it's not something I like though ....to be that way.

I get invited by friends to a Gay Mardi Gras pre event party ,I declined , years ago I would if loved going but not now,

I really envy the guys I see my age who are still out on weekend nights partying , I wish I could still be like that .

Every year up till about 2015 I went to Songkran , loved it , splashing water , face painting but as years went by my "spark" started fading ,no idea why , then crowds started to annoy me.

I miss those days 😭

2 hours ago, Pantherz said:

Maybe a good idea would be to show up half way through it so that if it’s a terrible experience, you only have to endure half of it! 

At first, I really enjoyed songkran, especially the party atmosphere in Silom.

I looked forward to visiting Thailand every April and especially remember a wonderful time I had in Pattaya.

A few friends from Eros suggested I come with them for some fun, so I bought the biggest supersoaker I could find and got right into it. We dropped by every 7/11 and I bought beers and snacks for everyone.

But I started getting annoyed when farang would start songkran a few days earlier when I was not prepared to get wet.  So I decided I'd had enough and decided to give songkran a miss.

I would divide my time in April between Bangkok and Pattaya and was able to escape songkran due to the differing dates in both cities..I'd hang around in Pattaya until the 18th and then head up to Bangkok where it had already finished.

Last year I took part in the celebrations in Bangkok for the first time in years. I had a great time with some friends from Golden Cock and Natureboys outside the bar.

I was planning to go back this year but am now going to Japan instead. 

I expect I've said this before but the traditional Thai Songkran is a beautiful festival, just as Loy Kratong often is now, at least it was on Jomtien beach this year. The tender sprinkling of water on grandparents and washing of Buddha images; quiet reverence and respect. Very Thai.

Songkran's degeneration into an orgy of water fights and rowdiness is sad for some of us, something I experienced once and never again. Is this the result or a bi-product of tourism? Or would it have happened without us? 

By the way, does anyone recall the scandal of  an embassy official's wife - Norwegian?- slapping a child  who squirted water in her face in Pattaya?  

On 2/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, GoldMember said:

One thing that does make me happy, is planning

+1 

Preparation is the most exciting phase of the trip. I too am planning a trip to LOS during this upcoming songkran. 

I have not decided yet if i should join G circuit party or just Fake club party. 

On 2/5/2024 at 6:26 PM, vinapu said:

I don't like crowds and excessive heat

it was me who said the  exact same words until my first trip to songkran in 2023. the trip completely changed my mind. but as a matter of fact, i didnt participate in water fights during daytime. what i enjoyed the most was their parties at night. water, music and EtOH everywhere until 1-2 am in the morning. heat was much more bearable at night especially with water and also perfect for my jetlag.

3 hours ago, 18past19 said:

I have not decided yet if i should join G circuit party or just Fake club party. 

I've never been to Fake. How is it on Songkran? I considered going on one of the evenings but then I saw a video of a huge queue that they posted on IG last year. Do they sell tickets in advance?