reader

Tawan Bar in Bangkok Closed: Police Raid Reported

On 4/10/2024 at 6:51 PM, roughjock said:

Booked- can't wait for tomorrow night. Now to get some massage oil.

The Quarter has 3 towers, only for tower 1 you can't avoid going through the entrance hall, but really no one cares. Considering location, they probably would be more surprised if you didn't bring guest. The "mini bar" in the room even has condoms (but no lube). Also nice gym+pool.

Some update for what it’s worth….one Tawan guy I’ve known for over 10 yrs told me yesterday he still goes to Soi Tawan and ‘waits for clients’ between working as Grab driver.  Another is moving out of bkk to become an air conditioning technician but said ‘ตวันมีข่าวว่าจะเปิดสิ้นเดือนหน้า’which I think means ‘Some Tawan news: they plan to open at the end of next month’.

Maybe…..maybe not. Hard to read between the lines when I’m not in Thailand.

Anyone else spoken to any of the boys?

Good to know boys are still on the market so to speak. As for better days, it goes without saying , without bar to facilitate meetings with clients it must be much harder to get some business.

Not everybody is keen on hooking with guys on the street. Not sure about other apps but I combed grindr few times and saw only one advertising there. 

As for opening at end of next month , question is : which is "next month" in that story. I wouldn't bank on it but will be happy to see I was wrong.

47 minutes ago, Shax said:

Looking to off one or two of them in the following nights, hopefully for me to have a good time and to show support for the guys from one of my favourite bars. 🙂

that's very commendable and they deserve it.

On 4/27/2024 at 8:41 AM, vinapu said:

As for opening at end of next month , question is : which is "next month" in that story. I wouldn't bank on it but will be happy to see I was wrong.

As in much of Southeast Asia, "next month" can be a very indefinite indication of time! 

In many cases, it simply means "at some time in the future."

4 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

As in much of Southeast Asia, "next month" can be a very indefinite indication of time! 

In many cases, it simply means "at some time in the future."

We can but hope!

2 hours ago, Shax said:

Managed to off one of the guys. ST tips - 3000, little higher than what I'd normally pay for ST (ard 2500) but taking into account that there's no off fee or drink charges, it's actually cheaper than the usual off. The experience was good, some muscle worshipping and good fun. The former doorman now plays the role of papasan and negotiated the fees for some of the guys who have limited English skills.

The guy told me that apparently, the reason for the closure was because of one of the twinks they added in their roaster (who was apparently underage?) which resulted in the owner's name being blacklisted. So, the plan to reopen supposedly now involves a proxy who will use his name instead, and they've supposedly completed inspecting the venue for reopening.

Anyway, that's his version of what he heard.

Anyway to know the name or how the guy looked like? Keen to try some muscle worshipping

3 hours ago, Artemis24 said:

Anyway to know the name or how the guy looked like? Keen to try some muscle worshipping

I think his name is Dee, but not 100% sure. According to him, he's not one of the regulars at Tawan before and would only be there 2-3 times in a week as a model.

You can always just go to the guys and choose from those available there.

7 hours ago, Shax said:

Just one observation on the guys. On one of the nights I visited them, most of the boys were not there. I asked the doorman and he said they went to drink and dance at a nearby place. So, maybe we're the ones worrying to much about them? 🤔

Maybe a customer took them out to drink and dance? :p

13 hours ago, Shax said:

Managed to off one of the guys. ST tips - 3000, little higher than what I'd normally pay for ST (ard 2500) but taking into account that there's no off fee or drink charges, it's actually cheaper than the usual off. The experience was good, some muscle worshipping and good fun. The former doorman now plays the role of papasan and negotiated the fees for some of the guys who have limited English skills.

The guy told me that apparently, the reason for the closure was because of one of the twinks they added in their roaster (who was apparently underage?) which resulted in the owner's name being blacklisted. So, the plan to reopen supposedly now involves a proxy who will use his name instead, and they've supposedly completed inspecting the venue for reopening.

Anyway, that's his version of what he heard.

Definitely cheaper now that there is no need to pay drinks and off fee!

16 hours ago, Shax said:

I'm glad to see updates regarding the Tawan guys, it's so reassuring that I can still find them on my return to Bangkok the day after tomorrow 😌😌😋 I don't want to settle on Twinks or Twunks as they are not really my type 😑😖😵‍💫