CallMeLee

Unplanned Bangkok Trip (March 2024)

12 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

And that, folks, is how I ended up with no off on my first night in Bangkok!

You are forgiven - I think I express prevailing mood here . Offing boy while under jet lag could result in all too easy money for him , had you fell asleep immediately.

Been there , done that.

Funny thing,  just yesterday I exchanged messages with other member and complained that forum becomes too quiet for lack of trip reports  not knowing you about to grace us with one almost right away. Very thank you for dynamic relation

7 hours ago, Foolish said:

I'm more concerned that they may drag me to nana first 🤣

consolation is around the corner , is named Aurora Sukhumvit massage and features quite a few hunks if one believes their Line feed

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

consolation is around the corner , is named Aurora Sukhumvit massage and features quite a few hunks if one believes their Line feed

Whoa, I have not heard of this one before.  A google search shows its name to be Aurora Massage @Sukhumvit and:

https://www.top-rated.online/cities/Khlong+Toei+District/place/p/17837152/Aurora+Massage+%40Sukhumvit

with Line feed: https://line.me/R/ti/p/@359fhjop

The comments in the first of the two links above (sorted chronologically) seem highly variable:

5/5 Rattha W. 2 months ago on Google • 1 review 
Good service

1/5 Y Y. 2 months ago on Google • 9 reviews
Cold staff bad service

5/5 Josh 3 months ago on Google • 203 reviews
Very comfortable

5/5 Dan C. 10 months ago on Google • 19 reviews
It is a place where men should come and relax with a fragrant aromatic oil massage or a scrub for smooth, soft skin. Suitable for taking a break to relieve fatigue. Good service staff, clean store, private, luxury

1/5 Tam T. 1 year ago on Google • 40 reviews
No fun. There are no special services, the owner emphasized.

5/5 นายณรงค์ฤทธิ์ �. 1 year ago on Google • 1 review
The massage skills are very good, the room is very good and the service is very good.

5/5 Chitsanupong S. 1 year ago on Google • 1 review
For good service 

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

Whoa, I have not heard of this one before.  A google search shows its name to be Aurora Massage @Sukhumvit and:

https://www.top-rated.online/cities/Khlong+Toei+District/place/p/17837152/Aurora+Massage+%40Sukhumvit

The comments in the first of the two links above (sorted chronologically) seem highly variable:

Good service

Cold staff bad service

Very comfortable

It is a place where men should come and relax with a fragrant aromatic oil massage or a scrub for smooth, soft skin. Suitable for taking a break to relieve fatigue. Good service staff, clean store, private, luxury

The massage skills are very good, the room is very good and the service is very good.

For good service 

One of their "therapist" frong is very active making gv tho 🤭

Anyway Shark is cute 😍

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

Good service

Cold staff bad service

Very comfortable

For good service 

Their location is a 15 minute walk from where I am staying. I will try to squeeze this in my itinerary and let you guys know how it went.

1 hour ago, CallMeLee said:

in Manila, sometimes the airline will look for the card used to pay for the flight during check-in. And he can be deplaned if he's not able to produce it. Still I can't see the logic . Must be an anti fraud thing

I've experienced that on Srilankan Airlines.

2 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

Jake said that in Manila, sometimes the airline will look for the card used to pay for the flight during check-in. And he can be deplaned if he's not able to produce it. Still I can't see the logic . Must be an anti fraud thing

Their gov is known to deny departure for some citizen who they suspect are trying to flee the country and become illegal immigrant elsewhere. I guess two main reason, human trafficking and the cost needed to fly them back home if caught. I suppose human trafficker will pay for their tickets to leave the country under pretense so might be a reason for them to ask to show the cc used. Just a wild guess

5 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

Writing this trip report has proven to be quite the challenge. Balancing daily activities with the need to have fun, reflect on experiences, and put thoughts to paper has left me significantly behind schedule.

it always is a challenge but thank you for an effort and waiting for part 3

i wonder if they would accept the card on your cellphone or in the app from the bank.

I used the app for my bank to help identify my card that got stuck in a defective ATM machine in Siem Reap.  Those bank employees went above and beyond to help me.

On 3/17/2024 at 9:41 PM, macaroni21 said:

Good service

Cold staff bad service

Very comfortable

For good service 

From the looks of their lineup I'd say they are a branch of the Zoo Spa/Malepark group. So, I presume very high prices for not so great service.

I purchased a ticket for a friend to meet me in Phuket once.  We were not flying together and I was aware that Airlines may ask to see the credit card used when checking in.

To avoid any problems I went to the airline office before he flew to have my credit card sighted.  They then put a message in his booking which ensured no issues at check in.

Of course immigration may be a different matter. 

11 minutes ago, CallMeLee said:

Part 3

With just one day left before Jake's arrival, I decided to take things easy since he seems to have some plans and places he would like to  see. One smart move on my part —I made sure to bring up the topic of compensation in advance this time around. However, his response was a bit unclear. He seemed to think that me handling everything for the next three days would suffice. He mentioned wanting to enjoy Bangkok without the hassle of worrying about MB work and finding clients. While it sounded reasonable, deep down, I couldn't shake the feeling that I ought to do something in return when he leaves.

I woke up and spent a few hours responding to emails and checking on the progress of work back home. Mates always nag me about not being able to relax and disconnect properly. But I think that investing time to stay on top of things now prevents a mountain of stress later on post vacation. Plus, it ensures that my vacation doesn't eat into all my leave credits, leaving me with nothing for the future. This approach has served me well so far, though I guess everyone has their own way of doing things.

When my stomach started rumbling, I decided to call it a day and went out for lunch. I stumbled upon a Chinese noodle house near McDonald's on Silom Rd. It turned out to be a poor choice—the service was cold and indifferent. Despite being customer number two at that time, I felt completely ignored by the four staff. I took the initiative to grab a menu myself, but when I sat down, the waiter pointed to a QR code on the table and swiftly walked away. The code led me to a Thai website, leaving me to fend for myself. Hungry and frustrated, I opted for McDonald's next door to fill up. Problem solved, albeit in a less exciting way.

With my hunger satisfied, I made my way to Green Massage for a foot massage. They tried to upsell me to a full-body massage, but I declined, citing my recent meal and the potential mess they may need to mop off. A foot massage there is always a delight, and I've never left disappointed. It's also a perfect way to kill time before catching the boy show next block.

Later in the evening, I found myself at Arena in Silom Plaza. It wasn't high on my list of places to visit prior to this trip, but recent events with Tawan made this visit compelling. Not much seemed to have changed—the atmosphere, the process, and the quality of masseurs all remained consistent. Yet, it still seemed to be the go-to spot for meeting Tawan-like guys, at least for the time being.

As night fell, I headed over to Screwboys, which was quickly becoming my favorite spot. Their current selection was on point, and I couldn't resist checking it out. One boy caught my attention. Not my usual type but his overall playful demeanour onstage and how he vibes with other guys looks entertaining. I quickly signalled to invite him to sit with me which he smilingly obliged. T as he introduced himself is from Vietnam - he also mentioned that it will be his birthday in three days. I nodded politely which he interpreted that I don't believe him. He then whipped out his phone and showed me a photo of his passport. I smiled and asked if he would like a drink.

T seems eager to secure business as he instantly became touchy and leading my hand to explore various parts of his body. A few moments later, we were kissing like we are the only people in the room. This left me a bit embarassed as I am personally not a fan of public displays like this. I asked him if he would like a second drink. He responded saying that will it be alright if his brother can join us and have that drink instead. 

Min joined us and minutes later was doing the same routine as T. I really couldn't complain being flanked and alternately kissed by two gorgeous guys. I was shocked to learn though that they are actual brothers (as per T: "mother, father same same "). I can't even process the fact that they both would like to spend the night. At the end, I politely declined the proposition. I just can't wrap my head around that kind of scenario.

It eventually ended with me and T marching out and doing a 7-11 pitstop. In the counter, T handed me a 100 baht note since he purchased a pack of ciggies. I appreciated the gesture but made it a point to add it to his tip.

At the hotel, we had a lively discussion over microwaved food and he's just a chatterbox talking about his life in Bangkok and his family in Vietnam. I prefer not to participate much in this type of conversation as these can be potentially used later for financial help requests. But T have a very animated and entertaining way of storytelling that I can't help but to engage.

We then showered together and things started to heat up again. Initially, I was concerned that his over the top touchy and flirty gestures in the bar is just for show to convince clients for an off - but he remained consistent all throughout. We had a quick shower, a bit more chat and a few minutes later, told him that Jetlag is calling me. He pulled me closer to his chest, kissed me in the forehead and said our goodnights.

Sounds like a nice guy, good to hear.