TotallyOz

Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand

I will never understand why someone would hire a cute and gay guide, if the contract they make says they can't have sex with customers, but there seems to be a market!

I hired a cute and gay guide from Siamroads in Siem Reap because I prefer a private guide over a group tour (where you loose a lot of time because of waiting for the last one to be back on the bus).

I hired a cute and gay guide because I prefer company of a young man. So why hire an old fat ugly lady who charges you the same amount?

I also find that taking  private tour and guide is worth an expense due to liberty of devoting as much or as little time to a site   as you want. With group one is restricted by the program and often inevitably more time is spent on lunch and obligatory visit in commission paying stores than on the site itself.

Advantage is that at times some doors are open to groups only,   group tours are often much  cheaper.

So I'd say each option must be weighted on it's own merit.

This includes old, fat,ugly lady as a guide. She may be knowledgeable and may have an access to more hidden door than handsome cute young man . ( general comment and in no way related to Sareth , Siem Reap guide we both , I presume , hired) 

My very first trip I saved a fortune due to my guide advising beforehand to wait till I got to LoS before Exchanging money. This ran contrary to what I'd done elsewhere but saved me more money directly than the guide cost for 3 days. Also, I was able to see far more sights and experience many more areas in a short time through the use of the different parts of the transport system and a taxi when heading away from Bangkok. I must admit that going to the gay clubs with his was much more fun and comfortable than I'd gave been with a 60 year old Grandmother, no matter how good a guide she was.

I'd have been with a 60 year old Grandmother, no matter how good a guide she was.

being tired in the evening she could sent her 22 y.o grandson  as a substitute and you missed that part

With my luck it would be her 106 year old Grandfather with his hearing Trumpet.

we covered 5 generations in matter of 3 posts

Lol though it is true, the major and unique traits of siam road is that the guide are young and cute, bu they are also gay and what is better than having a local gay guide to bring you through a tour of the gay nightlife? Eye candy during the day, besf gay friend at night.

Two reviews for Siamroads guiding service.

First is about Woody in Chiang Mai:

post-10479-0-42360300-1509348120_thumb.jpg

--- I recently booked a six day trip around Northern Thailand and I could not speak highly enough about Woody. As there were considerable distances to cover Woody asked in an Email whether his partner, Non could come along to share the driving. I was travelling alone and there was plenty of space, so I agreed.

The combination worked wonderfully. Both Woody and Non could not have been more helpful or gone further out of their usual way to accommodate my every wish and find some of the more obscure sites I wanted to visit.

We ate all our meals together and they introduced me to some great Northern Thai food that I would never have attempted only own.

Both Woody and Non had a great sense of humour. They both clearly love Northern Thailand and took me to places and showed me things I had never heard of. Their enthusiasm and company added immeasurably to the whole experience. I would recommend Woody to anyone.

You can read Woody's profile, write message to him and book Woody's service here http://siamroads.com/woody-chiang-mai/

Second one is about Mac in Bangkok:

post-10479-0-69211100-1509348181_thumb.jpg

I had Mac as my guide for my first trip to Thailand. 

With Mac I was able to see more than I would have on my own, in particular Ayutthaya.  We went there on the train and hired a Tuk Tuk to take us around.  The ruins there were spectacular. 

Also did a day tour of Bangkok, which happened to be on the same day as the Royal Funeral and as a result missed a few sites (e.g. Grand Palace) but all in all it was a great tour.  And then I did a night tour with Mac and got to see a lot of nightlife that I most certainly would not have been brave enough to see on my own. 

Mac is a fantastic guide, highly professional, and even when he wasn't with me he always was checking on me and offering great advice.  I would highly recommend Mac to anyone visiting Bangkok whether it's your first time or if you are a return visitor.

You can read Mac's profile, write message to him and book Mac's service here http://siamroads.com/mac/

I made separate thread for tour guides and companions from Siamroads in Vietnam in Vietnamese section of forum, as I did it before for Myanmar in Burmese section. 

Thread is here: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/11442-tour-guides-for-gays-in-vietnam-ho-chi-minh-saigon-hanoi-siamroadscom/

Last message about Vietnam in this thread: Siamroads will announce new guide in Vietnam soon:

for more photos please click link above

post-10479-0-80558700-1510302299_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

please welcome new tour guide in Bangkok - Al.

Ok, I wrote "new" but by fact Al is working with Siamroads 3rd year already, but had no personal page by private reason. 

Al is 25 yo, he is experienced guide, languages: English (USA, almost fluent), Thai.

Al's full profile and more pictures are here: https://siamroads.com/al-guide-and-companion-in-bangkok/

post-10479-0-62200800-1510421148_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-09989200-1510421173_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

let me introduce Siamroads new guide in Bangkok - Mon

Mon is 22 yo student of faculty "Administration and management in tourism". 

Languages: English, Thai

Hobbies: gym, swimming.

More photos, full profile are here: https://siamroads.com/mon-tour-guide-and-companion-in-bangkok/

post-10479-0-97439500-1510644640_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-60386600-1510644660_thumb.jpg

Siamroads will announce new "star" soon. 

Besides his 2 native languages he speaks:

- English (fluent)

- French (advanced)

- Mandarin (advanced)

- Thai (advanced)

- Spanish (basic)

- Dutch (basic)

I would like to think that with all of these incredible language skills, he could find a better paying job then being a guide for foreigners.  Heck if he adds German and Hindi he could guide you nearly anywhere in the world.

I would like to think that with all of these incredible language skills, he could find a better paying job then being a guide for foreigners.  Heck if he adds German and Hindi he could guide you nearly anywhere in the world.

Hm... in fact with Siamroads guide earns average Myanmar monthly salary just in 2 days. Please welcome new guide here http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10888-local-companions-and-guides-for-gays-in-bagan-photo-tours/?do=findComment&comment=117563

Hm... in fact with Siamroads guide earns average Myanmar monthly salary just in 2 days. Please welcome new guide here http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10888-local-companions-and-guides-for-gays-in-bagan-photo-tours/?do=findComment&comment=117563

Having booked guides from Siamroads several times in several locations, I can attest to what Moses says about average wage.  On my last trip, I booked Mac...in response to a question from me, he told me that he'd have to work more than a week to make what he does in a day as a Siamroads guide.